News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What should I arm death Jesters with?  (Read 717 times)

Offline Adkjfhaskljdgflaksj

• With me, it's instant chummy.
What should I arm death Jesters with?
« on: December 8, 2003, 09:58:54 PM »
I was thinking of nine of them it wouuld be best for them to be armed with eldar rocket launchers and brightlances. I just need to know hom many of each I should have. I was thinking either 5 brightlances and 4 rocket launchers or 6 bright lances and 3 eldar rocket launchers.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: What should I arm death Jesters with?
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2003, 04:17:56 AM »
It of course depends on who you are fighting. If you are facing armoured might in the form of tanks you need to get a lot of brightlances, whereas light infantry is chewed apart by the EML. So vary yourself between opponents, so you can suit the needs of support the best.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Spaceman Spiff

« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2003, 07:13:57 PM »
Yes I agree with Rasmus I think it depends on who you fight. Normally I would take at least one more rocket launcher than bright lance though (more flexable)
Let's dispense with the pleasantries, you twisted space crustacean. What is it you want from me?

Offline Dark Flame

• I messed with the wrong farseers AGAIN, yet somehow became an unactive Mod
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2003, 07:26:32 PM »
  This questiong was asked about a month ago.  Here's a link to the thread:http://www.eldaronline.com/community/index.php?topic=52701
  Anyway, if you don't want to read that, I believe that they should be armed with Bright Lances, as it helps out with anti-armour, and against characters, while still allowing them to make use of their mobility.

« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2003, 08:29:03 PM »
Well, that handles the weapons problem. But now IO want to know if it is worth the points for a phase field or not. Im thinking maybe on a few but haveing one on all of them seems like a waste of points.

Offline Dark Flame

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: December 9, 2003, 08:38:43 PM »
  Personaly, I think that you should take DJs with just the gun, and no Wargear, as they get to expensive.  If you want to take a phase field, that could be worth it, but I find them to be to random.

Offline Inquisitor Daedalus

• The Wicked
  • Ancient
  • God's in his Heaven, all is right in the world
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2003, 08:42:23 PM »
Phase fields are way to random to be useful. I've learnt the hard way.

Needed to destroy a tank that was 8 inches behind something. I get to move... 3". Go me. ::)
"Every war is fake, every disease false and every famine virtual. The Imperium has become a stagnent pool of heresy and I am here to stir things up."
- Inquisitor Daedalus

Offline DEdude

• Kabal of cynical SNL stars
« Reply #7 on: December 9, 2003, 09:26:19 PM »
ouch... but anyway, that's only 1/216 of the time. You'll on average move 10-11 inches. That makes the bright lance around 48'' assault. Which is very useful. More often, my death jesters will be just out of range of heavy weapons, and as they move that extra 12'' to get into range, they're lascannoned...

Also, you're never going to be so close that the extra possible 12'' is going to make a difference, unless you plan to come within 18'' (Bad idea)

It also comes in handy if you're being chased down, since you have a fairly good chance of outrunning jetbikes and the like. Infantry moves slowly, so while it has less of a need, it's still very useful.
You spend the first 2 years of your kid's life teaching them how to stand and talk, and then the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut up

« Reply #8 on: December 9, 2003, 09:36:09 PM »
So how this sound? 3 eldar missle launchers and 6 brightlances. with no equpiment. I might start out by having three of the bright lance DJs having phase fields and see how that goes

Offline Dark Flame

• Ancient
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 12:09:41 AM »
  Really depends on the rest of the list.  Post it in a new thread and we will see.  Oh, the one downside I see to that is no Solitaire, but that's your choice.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 03:59:34 AM »
I would not advice sinking that many points into DJs. Phasefields are generally not worth it. If you need to move them you have them imporperly placed anyway.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.