News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: *GULP*  (Read 1115 times)

Offline chimera

• Whoa, this is the fourth time I died
*GULP*
« on: October 26, 2002, 08:58:00 AM »
The chaos codex came out!My brother has it.Luckily your only allowed to use 3 oblitz in an army.Everything else is VERY scary!!!!!! :( :( :( :-X :-X :'(

DEATH TO KRYPTMAN!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2002, 07:38:34 PM by chimera »
Ich bin die Verkörperung des Todes!

Im waitng in my cold cell,
When the bell begins to chime,
Reflecting on my past life,
And it doesn't have much time.

Cause at five o'clock,
 they take me to the gallows oooooohhhh!
The sands of time,
for me, are running low!

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
Re:*GULP*
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2002, 10:30:56 AM »
...but it is also quite expensive. An average chaos army will be less in numbers than a marine army (except Alpha Legion). It's only the thing that they got new stuff, and people have to get used to it.

If someone has a worse record against the new chaos than against the old chaos, then this is because he doesn't know all their abilities and has to learn them first while the chaos player knows exactly how to use his army because he memorized the codex and thought more about tactics for exactly this army (because it is his army).
It was the same when Tau or Necrons were published. They seemed overpowered just because the players of these armies knew what unit was good for what purpose while their opponents were less informed about the strenghts and weaknesses of each unit.

jwu

Offline Mantus

Re:*GULP*
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 01:28:01 AM »
I got a good look at it, I must admit GW, for once, did a superb job.  It makes me a little jealous though, cuz chaos are now the most diverse army by far.  Way more customizable then anything the Tyranids can offer.

All that I hope for is that this trend will continue for all the codex updates for the future.