News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: EO5th v1.1 trial list - 1500pts  (Read 2115 times)

Offline 2quiet

• Infinity Circuit
  • BOOOOOOOOM...."yes, that red button..."
EO5th v1.1 trial list - 1500pts
« on: February 12, 2009, 12:21:26 AM »
Ok, so I'm hoping to be able to playtest Rasmus's 5th ed. Revision of the Harlequin Codex. I came up with the following list using that codex, and so now want your ideas about it, and any ways you can see to improve it (or anything you would like to see playtested).

HQ:

Great Harlequin w/ Power Weapon, Fusion Pistol, MO Dark Veil                                108pts

Shadowseer w/ Power Weapon, Fusion Pistol, 4x Benathai, VoT, Misdirection            126pts

ELITES:

Solitaire w/ Power Weapon, Neuro-Disruptor, Dread Mask                                       130pts

TROUPES:

7x Harlequins w/ 5x Kisses, inc. Troupe Master w/ Power Weapon                            166pts

Venom w/ Fusion Gun, Holo-Fields                                                                   75pts

7x Harlequins w/ 5x Kisses, inc. Troupe Master w/ Power Weapon                            166pts

Venom w/ Fusion Gun, Holo-Fields                                                                    75pts

8x Harlequins w/ 5x Kisses, inc. Troupe Master w/ Power Weapon                            184pts

FAST ATTACK:

Mocking Bird w/ Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields                                                        125pts

HEAVY SUPORT:

3x Death Jesters w/ 1x Bright Lance, 2x EML                                                         139pts

3x Death Jesters w/ 2x Bright Lance, 1x EML                                                         149pts

TOTAL: 1443

General idea is that everything that can, deepstrikes, including all the Harlequins, who leave their Venoms for the Death Jesters to hop onto. This means most of the army is comming in Deep Striking forwardly, with the Venoms and Mockingbird fast enough to not be left behind (which was the reason I didn't take a Spirit Walker).
This is still kind of a sketchy idea of tactics, simply because its a new list to me, and I'm looking to just try stuff out and see how it does. Any advice is of course very welcome.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 03:45:03 AM by 2quiet »
Some of my favorites:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day- Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I lay in bed last night looking up at the stars in the sky, and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose

If ther's something you can deffinetely rely on it's gotta be- oh, theres not

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: EO5th v1.1 trial list - 1500pts
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 02:37:55 AM »
It is so odd to see such high numbers in a Harlequin list, but it is the way of modern codeci I guess; points are down, modelcount is up.

I am not sure on the legality of your tactic as far as the venoms are concerned, but I will look into it. Otherwise this is about to become the classic masque of the Dark Veil-list I imagine - everything moves, noone is left behind.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline 2quiet

• Infinity Circuit
  • BOOOOOOOOM...."yes, that red button..."
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 03:02:11 AM »
Yeah, I was kind of interested in the legality of that tactic too. The concern being that the harlequins could not stay in reserve whist their transport deploys normally. However, given the precedent set by the Dawn of War deployment rules- i.e., that a dedicated transport counts as a troops choice in its own right for deployment purposes, it seems to be legal. In any case, I would change the codex entry to say "any squad of 7 models or less may be mounted in a Venom", as otherwise they could be taken in squads of 8 or more and still supply another squad with a venom. I wanted to do this, but assumed there was no point given that it would be a short lived exercise, and testing such a set up would not really aide the development of the codex.

As for the use of venoms now, I don't really see that there needs to be an issue made of it, given that all (well, many) other armies have some way in which to benefit from using taxi transports. Especially if the Harlequins are restricted to seven man units in doing so. Thats my opinion of it, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:02:41 AM by 2quiet »
Some of my favorites:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day- Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I lay in bed last night looking up at the stars in the sky, and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose

If ther's something you can deffinetely rely on it's gotta be- oh, theres not

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 03:50:12 AM »
That's true enough. I will review it when I get back to the file, which is on another drive currently.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.