News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin tactics  (Read 3452 times)

Aulan Cnesha

Harlequin tactics
« on: January 22, 2002, 03:05:16 PM »
After hours of searching on the net, I have yet to find Harlequin tactics.  So I was wondering if anyone had any that will post them here.

Offline dark_wind

• It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm
Re:Harlequin tactics
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 03:56:26 PM »
sure!! for the harlequin armies you have to be very careful how you place your guys because you usually are outnumbered at        : . Make spread your forces; for example all your special characters should be away from each other so ordance and blast weapons don't hurt more than one. Also you want to do this because you want to have the opposing side have to work harder to bring your number of guys down. Also i suggest you deck out your big guys with wargear because it really does come in handy. Also for smaller games get as few troupes as possible becasue they are very expensive for what they do. As for possible strategies...get quite of few death jesters because they can just sit back and shoot the crap out of your opponent. Also get venoms to protect your hq and troupes. This also adds some speed!!! hope this helps
happy gaming
"And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...'skip a bit Brother...'"

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

PROJECT 86 RULES!!!!!
                      http://project86.com/

Offline Jiaurtel

• As Ynnead rises Death shall reign supreme!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 07:46:40 PM »
I am an avid Jester user as Elite for my Harlies. Since Brightlances have Assault 1 stats I usually walk around my edge of the board and shoot down his expensive stuff and make sure I am not in anibodys serious LOS! BL instakills SM characters all tanks and butchers bikes and such

Offline Kenaz the Red ShadowSeer

• Live Fast, Love Hard, and Die with your Mask on.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2002, 05:02:38 PM »
 here's one
have your jesters w/ missile luanchers hang back near your shadow seerer. using  veil of tears they should be un seen for a good porstion of the game. and still have LOS and shooting ability. When (if) they come into assault you have a HTH machine in the seer to back them up.
Mind you this puts a lot of points in to one place. The ' launchers don't have assault and only 1 shot but for a fire base that is not seen them then they work great...!!
"Just out with the out with the boys.......ME, MAYHAM, and CHAOS."
 Sidewinder from Transformer:G2 # 1

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2002, 07:12:57 PM »
The shadowseer can only use his power on units not independant characters that the Death Jesters happen to be.

There will be a harlequin tactica posted soon when the site has a revamp.

Death Jesters are the solid backbone of the army.

Just play, experiment and see what works best for you.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2002, 12:01:30 AM »
 Ah yes, your right but what happens when independent characters join together in coheastion? They be come a unit for all terms and rules of fire. ;D ;D

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2002, 03:31:56 AM »
If you are correct, then you can only protect three of them and your opponent shouldn't be wasting whole squads firepower on picking off lone models one at a time.

The enemy should be shooting at your troupes before they get into combat, not the death jesters.

If the misdirect power is used and is effective, then this means the enemy that wished to fire at the death jesters must choose another target and they're gonna shoot your troupes instead.

The shadowseer should be leaidng the troupes, besides he's pretty nasty in combat and has the veil of tears power which is totally wasted if he's sitting waaay back.

Also if you have a wraithlord next to the harlequin squad lead by the shadowseer you can use misdirect to make the enemy shoot at him instead and their basic weapons will have no effect  ;D

That's just my view on it.  ;)

Have you written any harlequin stuff for EOL yet?

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2002, 01:48:42 PM »
 Working on  it (ok working on two at once. I know I'm bad)

As you said before every one's tactic are different. I sit back behind some thing that blocks L.O.S.  to my troops and have the enemy come close so that I don't spend my time running across the board dying (still watching for G-ranged weapons though). The 3 exceptions to this is 1)the solitair armed with p-feild and to the gills; use to hunt characters 2) the D.J./ shadow seer combo; placed with A LOT of L.O.S. and T.A.I.  (P.S. the shadowseer is mounted on a jet bike (soon to be a reaver jet bike convertion) thus able to join other squads quikly.(because after all he is a HTH mad man) )3)  The Laughing Wraithlord because he's so big that he is hard to hide (planing on redoing that is that he has a lower profile (knelling) and armed with a D-cannon for the G-range effect)

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2002, 02:04:07 PM »
Thanks for all these tactics, but Kenaz the Red Wulfen, it says 3 death jesters for 1 choice on the elites chart.  They do not make a squad unless they are within 4" and plus they're independant characters...  With how I see it, you could could 6 death jesters, a solitaire, a great harlie, and a shadowseer and go around the battlefield like a seer council.

Offline Dead_Jester

• What's strategy?
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2002, 04:01:32 PM »
That would be just sick... i like it
but solitaire can't join cause he is anti social

"Mom, where do harlequins go when they die?"

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2002, 05:05:12 PM »
Yeap.
in the BBB it says under ID Characters ,and I quote." ..., which fight as a units in there own right."

So a group of Id Characters can, for a lack of a better term, "Mob Up" in to a single unit.. ;D ;D

God do I love Harlequins