News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000pts Craftworlders  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: 2000pts Craftworlders
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »
You are perfectly right man this does not work the conclave minimum is a 5 man unit for the seer council.

This means there is an additional cost to this... to fit those in I suggest : btw i just noticed.. witch blade on the seer concil? ... not a good idea i think, you should go for singing spear for extra dammage. To free up the nessecary point i would suggest cutting down the serpent. That would free up the nessecary amount of point for this. Maybe change your guardians for bikes and takes the serpent as a fast attack choice to transport your council. Take it stock you don't need more if you di this i think. Then take out one reaper and you should have enought points for the additional two warlock and a few singing spear. You will prefer them on the farseer as they are more likely to survive and the point cost for the upgrade is the same for either of them (warlock or farseer).
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 01:41:24 AM »
Yeah so I'm just going to drop the seer council altogether then for now since I don't have enough painted warlocks.
So here is the final list. It's a bit different. No seer council and a vyper? Since I plan to start playing with a warhost once I get my guardian situation sorted out, I'd better start learning the ways of the vyper!besides it has good fire power regardless. It should be safe so long as I keep it out of bolter range since their heavy weapons have bigger threats to deal with. If I face tau though I pretty much just wasted 55 points unless I can get some quick shots through on a riptide or something. And btw I went with the starcannon because I wanted a low ap weapon. Something that won't bounce off armor saves and I had 5 points to spend. I'm really relying on my aspect warriors to shine/murder stuff as they are over a 1/4 of my army.
Game is tomorrow! Expect some kind of game run down, won't be a complete battle report

EDIT: the reason I didnt give the jetbikes heavy weapons is because I don't have the models and it's not a competitive enough game really for me to proxy. Otherwise I could drop the scatter laser from the WK and downgrade the starcannon on the vyper to put two scatter lasers in the unit

* Aspect Host (570pts)
        (Rites of Battle, Shrinekeepers)
        +1 Ballistic Skill
        * Dark Reapers: 6 + exarch
            (Ancient Doom, Inescapable Accuracy, Reaper Rangefinder, Slow and Purposeful)
            * 6x Dark Reaper
                6x Reaper launcher (starswarm missiles), 6x Starshot missiles
            * Dark Reaper Exarch
                (Fast Shot)
                * Reaper launcher
                    Starshot Missiles
        * Warp Spiders: 7 + exarch
            (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Flickerjump, Hit & Run, Warp Jump Generator)
            * 7x Warp Spider
                7x Death spinner (Monofilament)
            * Warp Spider Exarch
                (Iron Resolve)
                Death Spinner (Monofilament)
        * Warp Spiders: 7 + exarch
            (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Flickerjump, Hit & Run, Warp Jump Generator)
            * 7x Warp Spider
                7x Death spinner (Monofilament)
            * Warp Spider Exarch
                (Iron Resolve)
                Death Spinner (Monofilament)

Eldar Craftworlds: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (135pts)

* Farseer (135pts)
        (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Independent Character, Psychic Disciplines: Daemonology (Santic), Divination, Runes of Fate, Telepathy, Psyker (Mastery Level 3), Rune Armour)
        Ghosthelm (*), Runes of the Farseer (*), Shuriken Pistol (Bladestorm), Singing spear, The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan (Remnant of Glory) (The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan)
        * Skyrunner
            (Eldar Jetbike)
            Twin-linked shuriken catapult

+ Elites + (335pts)

* Wraithguard (335pts)
        * Wave Serpent
            Serpent Field (*), Shuriken cannon, Twin-linked scatter lasers
        * 5x Wraithguard
            (Ancient Doom, Bulky, Fearless)
            5x D-scythe (Distort scythe)

+ Troops + (280pts)

* Guardian Defenders (229pts)
        (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Mesh armour)
        Platform with Scatter laser (Relentless)
        * 11x Guardian
            11x Plasma grenades (*), 11x Shuriken catapult (Bladestorm)
        * Wave Serpent
            Serpent Field (*), Twin-linked scatter lasers, Twin-linked shuriken catapults

* Windriders (51pts)
        (Eldar Jetbike)
        3x Windrider with twin-linked Shuriken catapult (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus)

+ Fast Attack + (240pts)

* Hemlock Wraithfighter (185pts)
        (Psychic Pilot (Mastery Level 2), Psychic Power: Daemonolody (Santic), Runes of Battle, Telepathy, Vector Dancer)
        Mindshock Pod (*), Spirit stones (*), Two Heavy D-Scythes (Distort scythe)

* Vyper Squadron (55pts)
        * Vyper
            Shuriken cannon, Starcannon

+ Heavy Support + (130pts)

* War Walkers (60pts)
        (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Power Field, Scouts)
        * War Walker
            2x Scatter laser

* War Walkers (70pts)
        (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Power Field, Scouts)
        * War Walker
            2x Brightlance

+ Lord of War + (310pts)

* Wraithknight (310pts)
        (Ancient Doom, Fear, Fearless, Feel No Pain, Hammer of Wrath, Move Through Cover, Relentless, Smash, Strikedown, Sword of Vaul)
        Scatter laser, Suncannon and Scattershield (Scattershield )

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:45:07 AM by Rx8Speed »

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »
Played this game on yesterday. My buddy brought a tau army with an allied imperial knight. My army was exactly as I posted it in the above post. His army was something like this:

Commander in battle suit deep striking
1 Riptide with ion cannon
2 units of 3 large heavy weapon suits stacked with missiles. xv88?
2 unit of 4 marker light holders. pathfinders?
2 units of deep striking battle suits with fusion guns
1 unit of battle suits deep striking with plasma guns
1 hammerhead
1 imperial knight with chainsword and repeater battle cannon

We played big guns never tire and we rolled 3 objectives and we rolled for short table edges. He chose the location for two objectives and stacked one side of the table, I put mine right in the middle on top of a 3 story bastion.

I won the roll off to pick table edges so I picked the side that had all of the objectives on it. (fun making tau come to you)

In the first turn I took out 1 xv88 with combine fire from the guardian wave serpent and the vyper. That forced a ld check but they passed it. I took out 2 guys from a marker light unit with the scatter laser warwalker which forced another morale check that they failed, and ran off the board in his turn. The wraithknight fired his suncannon at the other unit of xv88s who were on the second floor of a building with the other marker light unit right underneath. Juicy target for the suncannon. I took out 2 marker lights guys who fled and 2 xv88s who also fled. Both units regrouped in his turn. The bright lance war walker fired at the IK and got one glance which was later recovered by the it will not die rule. The dark reapers unloaded starshot missiles at the IK and got 4 shots through armor but they were all saved by the shield. Both warp spider units elected not to move as they were in cover and holding objectives. The tau were going to have to come to me.
It was a downhill battle for him from then on. He destroyed my vyper in his first turn and killed a warp spider or two. Maybe put a wound on the wraithknight at some point. he also managed to immobilize the bright lance warwalker in his first turn as it was hiding behind a building leaving it without targets for the rest of the game.
In my turn 2 the hemlock came on and did 2 hull points to the IK (rolled a 1 and a 2 for my d3 rolls). The dark reapers did another one leaving it with 2. The warp spiders moved up with blinding speed and took out the 2 remaining xv88s that were left over from the vyper and waveserpent the turn before. The guardians disembarked and got I got 7 of them + the scatter laser into range with the riptide. They only managed two wounds even though the guardians were guided and the riptide was doomed. The scatter laser warwalker unloaded everything into the riptide but nothing got through the 2+ armour save. The wraithknight also fired at the riptide and managed another wound. It survived the turn though unfortunately.
In his turn two the IK charged my wraithguard's wave serpent and exploded it. However didn't manage to wound any of the wraithguard inside. Which was funny because then my wraithguard were left standing in front of the IK with two hull points left like 'hello, meet the new d-scythe'. Some how he put another wound on the wraithknight, I think with the IK's battle cannon. The riptide shot at the warp spiders who were now in the open and right next to the guardians. However the warpspiders flicker jumped away to protect the guardians. Unfortunately, for the guardians, the shot scattered right back to them and killed like 8! Also all of his deep strikers came in behind my lines and shot the plasma guns at the farseer who passed 2 out of 3 invul saves. The fusion guns did another 2 wounds to the wraithknight bringing it down the 3 wounds. Both the nearby dark reapers and the fusion gun battle suits passed their blind tests from the WK's scatter shield. He was now seriously threatening my back lines and my warp spider units had both moved up and were unable to protect them. He also easily destroyed the guardians wave serpent who was turned around, I forget with what though.
In my turn the wraithguard unloaded their shiny new d-scythes on the imperial knight and did something like 6 hull points. Unfortunately after sending the IK to the warp, it still managed to detonate and wipe the entire unit of wraithguard (ironically killing more than it did while it was alive). The hemlock was awesome and destroyed the hammerhead with it's d-scythes and psychic shrieked the riptide to death. My warp spiders moved back towards the objectives in my deployment zone and we called the game here. His 6 battle suits were no match for my aspects warriors (who were all barely touched), the wraithknight, farseer, warwalkers and hemlock.

all in all a great introduction for me to the new eldar codex! Warp spiders are wayy better now then they were. So long as you don't try to target armor with them there are only gains. The flicker jump rule is amazing, always passing morale checks with the exarch power turned out to be pretty amazing (saved me twice from taking those tests) and monofilament feels like it was meant to kill tau. Would have been especially nasty against the riptide had I shot at it with the warp spiders. The d-scythes... omg the d-scythes. They cut through an imperial knight like butter. The hemlock is now also a star player in the new dex imo. Witht he ability to psychic shriek (I know people said he had it before but I don't think so). Also being able to get 2 other powers from telepathy is great! I got shrouded and dominate which I never cast but would have been very useful in other situations. I think the scatter laser in the guardian unit was a bust. I usually use them for heavy armored fellas and the scatter laser just doesn't cut it against those targets.

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 06:44:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing man, that was a great rundown.

The Hemlock definitely seems to have gotten a major boost, I'm really excited to try one out.

With the Guardians, if the scatter laser was not so good, what would you take instead -- shuriken cannon, starcannon, or brightlance? I've tended to take brightlances in the past, but they can be pretty meh.

Also how did you feel about the reapers overall? Thinking about taking an aspect host with 2x3 Reapers (4 shots with exarch), and 1x8 spiders.

Cheers
Ibushi
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 02:10:43 PM »
i would take a starcannon instead. The whole point of the guardians firepower is that you're fishing for ap2 shots and then forcing a lot of saves. 2 guaranteed ap2 shots makes much more sense then forcing a few more saves, since they usually go after troops with an armor value of 3+ or better.

The reapers are amazing! You can reliably kill anything (with enough reapers) with AV12 or lower and a 3+ armor save or worse. You are wasting your shots if you are shooting at anything tougher than that.

Here is the craftworld warhost that I am working towards. Let me know what you guys think! I really just need the guardians.

+++ Ulthwe (1997pts) +++

++ Eldar Craftworlds: Codex (2015) (Craftworld Warhost) (1997pts) ++

+ Core (804pts) +

Guardian Battlehost (804pts)
····Farseer [Ghosthelm, Runes of the Farseer, Shuriken Pistol, Singing spear]
········Skyrunner

····Guardian Defenders [Platform with Starcannon]
········11x Guardian
········Wave Serpent [Serpent Field, Shuriken cannon, Twin-linked scatter lasers]

····Guardian Defenders [Platform with Eldar missile launcher]
········10x Guardian

····Guardian Defenders [Platform with Eldar missile launcher]
········10x Guardian

····Vaul's Wrath Support Battery
········3x Support weapon [3x Shadow weaver]
············6x Crew Guardian
····Vyper Squadron
········Vyper [Shuriken cannon, Shuriken cannon]

····War Walkers
········War Walker [2x Brightlance]
········War Walker [2x Brightlance]

+ Auxiliary (998pts) +

Aspect Host (518pts)
····Dark Reapers
········5x Dark Reaper [5x Starshot missiles]
········Dark Reaper Exarch
············Reaper launcher [Starshot Missiles]

····Warp Spiders
········7x Warp Spider
········Warp Spider Exarch [Death Spinner]

····Warp Spiders
········6x Warp Spider
········Warp Spider Exarch [Death Spinner]

Wraith Constructs (295pts)
····Wraithknight [Ghostglaive and Scattershield]

Wraith Constructs (185pts)
····Hemlock Wraithfighter

+ Command (195pts) +

Heroes of the Craftworlds (195pts)
····Eldrad Ulthran

I wanted a seer council but couldn't find the points for all the other goodies that I wanted. Maybe if I were to play a game with no LOW allowed I would drop the wraithknight attach the rest of a seer council onto eldrad or drop him altogether and take a council on bikes.