News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Welcome all Newcomers!  (Read 177150 times)

Offline theideaman

• You resist?
Re: Welcome all Newcomers!
« Reply #3140 on: December 28, 2010, 05:05:57 PM »
Just joined a day few days ago, been wanting to play for quite some time now and finally going to =)

Offline Kingkittan

• Pray they dont take you alive!
« Reply #3141 on: December 28, 2010, 07:36:32 PM »
Hello!!!

Veteran player here (14 years and going) who thinks its time to get back to the hobby, and which place would be better to discuss tactics and lists than this huge forum of condensed 40k knowledge!!

Glad to read u people!!
"I have some interest in you, toy"

Asdrubael Vect, Archon of the Kabal of The Black Heart, supreme overlord of Commoragh

Offline Juroda

• You don't play ping-pong; Ping-pong plays YOU!!!
« Reply #3142 on: December 29, 2010, 07:20:09 AM »
Welcome to all of you, you'll love it here, I know I have :D!!!!!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3143 on: December 29, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »
Hi all!
I've just joined 40konline and this seemed like the appropriate place to say hello!
Best Christmas wishes to everyone and I hope we have a great discussion/explosion filled 2011!
/Z

Hello & welcome to the site Zarl. Though new to this site I'm guessing from your listed armies that you have been in this hobby for awhile.

Just joined a day few days ago, been wanting to play for quite some time now and finally going to =)

Good luck with your first game, maybe you can let us all know how you got on. Welcome aboard.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Zarl

• Newest
  • Follower Of the Cuboid Randomisers Of Doom
« Reply #3144 on: December 29, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
Hey,

Thanks for the welcome :)

I've been gaming on and off for around 14 years now, during which I've played/collected most things (Battlefleet Gothic all the way!), though settled down to 40k and Guard in particular given the current incarnation of rules and models.

See you on the boards!

/Z
Ratlings: Look on the bright side, being hit by a deathstrike missile is no more likely to wound you then being punched by a space marine!

Offline dorkamorka

• Go dorka for gorkamorka!
« Reply #3145 on: January 2, 2011, 12:10:57 PM »
hi everybody, i feel a little out of my depth on here as 1. i'm not experienced at using forums and 2. i'm not v experienced with GW or WH40k either lol :( however, i do remember my blood bowl from my necromunda :)
i was wondering does anybody know a good thread on 40k online for people to advertise? i have a complete and unused 1997 gorkamorka set that i wanted to put up for sale, i'm sure someone would love to give it a good home!
any advice would be much appreciated thanks :)

Offline Nomsheep, the Modhunter.

• Sanity is for the weak,
  • Armies: Dark eldar and sons of malice.
« Reply #3146 on: January 2, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »
welcome to the site. :)

visit the tavern, we need to inflate the populace. :)
Someday someone will say something about me witty or memorable enough to put here til then enjoy this;
Rule 66: the cake is a lie

Working tirelessly to revive BattleFleet Fury

WE need YOU

Offline Brynjolf Irontooth

• I hate personal texts.
« Reply #3147 on: January 2, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
So, Hi guys!  ;)

I'm Brynjolf Irontooth (or as you have guessed, that's my Space Wolf name  ;D) and play WH40k now for a year or 6 (7?).

I first started playing Space Wolves as I had the closest connection with them (being a Dwarf and Ulric devoted Empire player - 12 or 13 years already in the hobby and even longer in you count Heroquest  ;)).f
Since then I have started playing Blood Angels as well and now finally started buying (or to be honest getting them from Santa  ;D) Dark Eldar boxes.

I'm not one of those gamers that just jumps on the cart once a new army gets released and then dissappears again if the army doesn't appear to be tough enough. I have always wanted an Alien force and Dark Eldar always intriged(?) me, ... but the models just were ugly as hell, but as the Dark Elves got some amazing releases, I didn't give up hope. Dark Eldar would one day get great models to. And see, that day has come.  8)

Oh in case people wonder, I'm 24 years old and I'm busy at my last year Master in Mathematics.   ??? Yeah I know.  ;)

Greets
BI
« Last Edit: January 2, 2011, 07:38:41 PM by Brynjolf Irontooth »
I hate signatures.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #3148 on: January 2, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »
Hello BI and welcome to 40k online!

I suggest you check out the space marine board, we have quite a few space wolf and blood angels players such as yourself. Also glad to see you aren't one of those people who just started space wolves simply because "grey hunters have counter attack and TWO meltaguns! OMG! I will pwn y0u n00bs!"
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline Brynjolf Irontooth

• I hate personal texts.
« Reply #3149 on: January 2, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »
Hello BI and welcome to 40k online!

I suggest you check out the space marine board, we have quite a few space wolf and blood angels players such as yourself. Also glad to see you aren't one of those people who just started space wolves simply because "grey hunters have counter attack and TWO meltaguns! OMG! I will pwn y0u n00bs!"

Back in the days Grey Hunter's counterattack didn't do much, costed 18p a model, and could only take one meltagun.  :D

Thanks for the SM subfora invitation, but I will pass on that for the first few weeks (months?) as I'm pretty much here for the Dark Eldar subfora. But thanks for the welcome!  ;)
I hate signatures.

Offline 40kfom

• 40K for Old Men
    • 40K for Old Men
« Reply #3150 on: January 12, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »
Hi there...

Just returned to this site after an absence of too many years...was a member here YEARS ago when it was just Eldar Online, but that was several email addresses and passwords ago, so will just start afresh here.

I'm a dad....I'm a wargamer...I'm a hobbyist...I luff background & fluff, gaming, and modelling / painting in equal measure....just don't get as much time as I'd like for any of it!

40K wise I play Chaos, Space Wolves, Ravenwing and Necrons...just starting a Salamanders force. For YEARS I played Eldar / Dark Eldar...but in recent years have leapt into power armour with a passion!

Hope to see you all around the forums...
No links here! None at all...

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #3151 on: January 12, 2011, 07:59:14 PM »
Welcome back! That's quite an impressive array of armies, there. How long have you been playing?
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline 40kfom

• 40K for Old Men
    • 40K for Old Men
« Reply #3152 on: January 13, 2011, 04:38:29 AM »
Welcome back! That's quite an impressive array of armies, there. How long have you been playing?

About 21 years...   :o

Thanks for the welcome. I will have to post some pics!
No links here! None at all...

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #3153 on: January 22, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »
Hello, I'm new to warhammer. Me and my late brother played the lord of the rings but now I'm giving 40k a try, I'm rather fond of the imperial guard and am working on an elite infantry army with them

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3154 on: January 22, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »
Hi The Nightwalker, I've always steered clear of the IG cause I found the whole command squad/platoon thing overly complicated. Good luck with them though and maybe you will show us how you have painted them later.
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #3155 on: January 22, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
Nothing special Just Black Amor and dark gray clothing, I like the Imperial Guard because of the simplicity of the Idea so I want try to make them stand out to much

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3156 on: January 22, 2011, 03:40:36 PM »
To be honest you are lucky, I think, at least you have chosen your army and colour scheme. A lot of new starts struggle with that step. Hell I've been around since Heroquest and still not decided on which Space Marine army to collect.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #3157 on: January 22, 2011, 04:05:32 PM »
Lol I guess Iam but I'm not new to Games workshop unlike a lot of the newbies so I know what I like

Offline Dysphonia

« Reply #3158 on: February 3, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
New guy reporting in.

Had masses of 40k as a kid (5-6 years of it in fact), and kinda shelved it just before 4th edition came out. Got talked into taking it up again, and grabbed the AoBR set, so yeah.

Can't remember how much/what I've got of my old stuff (going home from uni this weekend to pick it up amoungst other things), but theres a sizable ultramarine and chaos contingent, with some orks and possibly some necrons. And some cadian IG. There'll be a surprise in every box when I open them up.

Probably gonna start up a vanilla based SM army again, and not sure what else. Tau call to me, but unsure about mostly shooting armies. We'll see.

But yeah, hi.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #3159 on: February 3, 2011, 08:51:44 PM »
Welcome ;D I trust you will enjoy it here