News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 List for a Friendly Tourney  (Read 2812 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
1850 List for a Friendly Tourney
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:58:26 AM »
Hi guys...  Looking to get back into my orks. Been away from the game for a time and there is an upcoming friendly tourney coming up in May. I was considering this list, my first with 7th edition rules... (gotta read the rulebook and figure out what has changed).

Warboss, PK
18 Ard Boys, PK Nob w/bp
1 Doc
-- BW, Shoota, Ram

12 Boys, rokkit, shootas, Pk Nob
-- Trukk, rokkit, ram,

-- Trukk, rokkit, ram,

-- Trukk, rokkit, ram,

-- Trukk, rokkit, ram,

20 Boys, 2x rokkit, shootas, Pk nob w/bp
-- Battle Wagon, shoota, ram

5 rokkit buggies

5 rokkit buggies

5 rokkit buggies (you know I love my buggies)

3 Kannon (and skeet, they are modeled with wheels like tow behind trailers to keep with the Evil Sunz theme  ;D)

Tell me what you think...

Adam

Edit: I just realized our Deff Rolla has been majorly nerfed... 

So how are you guys dealing with AV 14 these days..?  The Deff Rolla was my prefered method before now...

Adam
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:07:01 PM by adamscurr »

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline davethemadorc

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1850 List for a Friendly Tourney
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 04:43:04 AM »
tankbustas now have 'proper' melta bombs.  yes they will all die ! but as us orx has assault vehicles short range attacks are easy.

for long range, the buggies still can work against the weaker backfield stuff - after all any decent rokkit hit stops the 'big blast of death' from backfield artillery

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:59:31 AM »
I love the list, good stuff!  ;D

However, (you knew this was coming) I must recommend a couple of changes.

With the new book you can have multiple FOC's. Which is what I suggest you break your list down to.

Example:
FOC 1
Warboss
boys in BW
boys in BW
rockit buggy squadron'
rockit buggy squadron
rockit buggy squadron
FOC 2
Big mek
boys in truck
boys in truck
rockit buggy squadron
rockit buggy squadron
dakka jet (I bet you thought I forgot you had one of those)
grot guns
FOC 3
Pain boy (he can go ride with the boss in the BW)
boys in truck
boys in truck
rockit buggy squadron
rockit buggy squadron
green baron

Of course it seems a little strange at first to get used to the idea of multi FoC's, but it is the new way and one of the easier ways to take all your fast attack stuff legally. I have found that the "free range" list (unbound) is not allowed at or for tourny play, but the multi FOC is...

Also, with the new and nerfed cybork, the boss is not as durable as before, so drop the PK and give him the Head Whoppa, it allows him to swing at initiative and has a chance at the insta kill on his challenger. Just my two teef, you can of course keep the boss as a tank killer, but sooner or later he gets challenged and it is so embarrassing that the meanest thing to walk the galaxy has to stand there and get killed. That is why I suggest you take a pain boy in the third FoC, to give the boss and his boys a little durability.

As for the AV 14 thing, with all those rockit buggies you should be able to glance to death anything in the game. Although, a minimum size squad of tank bustas in a truck does work well at killing most things AV 14. Sure it is a one way mission, but hey, we can grow more tank bustas for the next go. :o

Hope that helps a bit.

Oh, one thing I have found from my personal experience lately, is that turn three is the turn of exploding trucks.  :'( Make sure your boys are dismounted by then, as the explosion kills more boys than before, and the Mob Rule kills a couple more.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »
So skeet...  If I'm reading the rules right, let me know...

So orks no longer have fearless and take leadership checks as normal... If a mob is above 10 models, it automatically has to take d6 str 4 hits everytime it is forced to take a psych check of any type... If it is below 10 models than it roles on that table to see what happens?

Is this the correct interpretation of the rules?

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2015, 07:53:14 AM »
The way I have been playing it is that if you fail a LD check you roll on the table, having a nob or boss will cause casualties 2/3 of the time. IF no boss or nob, then you just run away.

I still run the squads with a nob, the squad is basically a nob delivery system. Of course, it doesn't always work as planned and the squad gets krumped because the nob got challenged and killed, but when it does work it works well.

The game has gone from "charge and krump" to shoot till you have to get stuck in, then wait till the last turns for CC so you can hold/contest objectives. Sure, the second turn charge is still great fun, but, it usually means having to claim a "Didn't Lose" at the end of the game.

Thats why I take so many of my fast attack stuff, the only good thing about the new rules is the multi FoC as I did use to complain about not enough fast attack slots, now, I can take 9 fast slots in an army of about 1850. If it wasn't for that mandatory two troop, one HQ thing I would take more. Too bad grots can't have a truck as a dedicated transport... ::)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline davethemadorc

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2015, 07:11:35 AM »
have to diasgree with skeetergod.

yes you can field a cheap as chips orcz army with lots of decent ranged firepower and the inherent toughness of the orc keeps you in the game.

but imo. point for point krumpin is at least as effective. unless you genuinely play on the 'pool table' an orc horde is very effective. the odd unit of bikes / koptas / buggies / grot artillery etc.

ive been running max size horde units with painboys on bikes [29 + claw-nob + mini kill-mek + painboy] with heavy armour - i know they suffer a bit to st8 or ap4 weapons {like flamers} - but unless you are really unlucky they should get across most tables with some threat level - at 2000pts you can run four mobz !

once [or pessimisticly if] you get into combat the mass of orcz strength hits takes care of most things below T7,  this gives far more 'attacks' than any amount of orc shooting !

A14 has always been a problem for orcz - so running an emergency squad of tankbustas, or a small team of nob bikers with claws might be necessary  if  that is your meta -

like skeeter i think the rokkit buggy is an invaluable tool, with outflank and no morale limitation they can get around obstacles and attack enemy positions in the flank or rear and if vital they may be able to keep heavy armour or heavy skimmers honest.  not sure id run 7 squadrons ! lol. but why not if youve got that many !

the great thing about the orcz hordz is that they will splot any other close combat army without blinking !

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: April 8, 2015, 08:55:59 AM »
Well, it is good to see that the green tide army build still works. I have tried the green tide before and am not a fan, I still love my kult of speed.

Now, if you were interested in getting indoctrinated converted erm, I mean, looking into a good speed freak army then we should talk some more.

Adam, sorry to hijack your thread, but the good news is you have now found two ways the new ork army works.

Offline davethemadorc

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: April 9, 2015, 11:32:52 AM »
lol. nice to see a friendly ork thread !

my speed freaks are yellow - sacrilege i  know - but all the vehicles are pinched off some hummie organisation known as 'JCB' !

love a bit of orc warbiker, ;)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 04:07:48 AM »
I think your original list would be just fine adamscurr.  I'm still a far cry from a Trukk Expert like Skeetergod, but I too agree that your army can only be enhanced with multi Force Org Charting.  Its a tactic/idea from the meta-game that I have railed against in the past, but with 7th opening the gate, its become a very useful tactic, especially when you want lots of a non Troop choice.

On the topic of Buggies, I personally advice the MSU approach.  Sure it makes each hit a little less, but target saturation of a low priority target gives you a tactical advantage as it will allow you greater flexibility of movement/enemy targets, more chances for that 2nd turn Outflank where you want/need it, and of course divert your opponent's attention longer.  I'll never forget back in the old days of my classic KoS when I lost a critical unit of 3 buggies to a single Heavy Bolter, and with the option for multiple charts when your going Battleforged, why not?  (Well you don't when an event like this tourney has placed a limit)

Lastly davethemadorc I commend you for getting a Footslogger list to work, I haven't had much luck or even desire with this codex.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard