News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New List 1850... Been playing around with the numbers...  (Read 2706 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
New List 1850... Been playing around with the numbers...
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:08:46 PM »
So here is the a new list, tailored a little since the last one...

Mega Armored Boss with Lucky Stick
Painboy
17 Ard Boyz, Pk nob with BP
-- BW w/ Deff Rolla

I think this should be a pretty fun unit to troll around with... The lucky stick seems pretty fantastic in combo with the MA WB...

3 x 12 boyz with a PK nob w/ BP
-- Trukk, ram

2 x 3 MANZ with kill saws
-- Trukk, ram

2 x 3 rokkit buggies

15 Tankbustas with tankhamma nob with 3 grot bombs
-- BW w/ Deff rolla

So basically a boat ton of boyz in trukks to be all over the bad guys... The ard boyz are very tough with the painboy and the boss, they should kill pretty well with the higher WS and the bosses rerolls... The TB's will take out vehicals with the buggies assisting or turn on 3+ armor saves...

I havd about 28 points left to play around with...

Adam
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:07:38 PM by adamscurr »

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: New List 1850... Been playing around with the numbers...
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »
I like the list. I've always been hesitant to mix a mega armoured warboss with boys before, as the slow and purposeful rule transfers to the entire unit. Before charging into combat I would suggest you split off the warboss and charge in separately. Remember to charge with the boyz first to absorb the overwatch. You do lose FNP on the warboss and the boyz have a slightly lower LD, but you are able to make sweeping advances.

I'm all about deffkoptas over buggies for the main reason that I use them to get into close combat, as they are great at tying up backfield units. Adding a buzzsaw makes them that much more deadly. With the high T, armour save and ability to jink, I find them more survivable than buggies.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »
Thanks for the advice... I also like kopters... My favorite thing was to shoot and then assault after outflanking... But, that era is gone...

I do have two kopters equipped with buzz saws... I could sub them in and take the buggies out... It would free up a couple of points...  Hmm... Thinking about it...

Adam

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #3 on: January 1, 2017, 01:34:10 PM »
Using their scout move or turbo-boosting pretty much guarantees a 2nd turn assault anyways, which helps mitigate the loss of assault after outflanking. Jinking them only worsens there BS by 1 and they are twin-linked. Taking them as loners also helps mess with your opponents target priority.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #4 on: January 1, 2017, 01:52:04 PM »
I can see some advantages with that... I used to use them in the same fashion in the backfield to take pressure off the trukks as the opponent would often use up a lot of firepower trying to take them out...

I'll add them... Thanks for the advice!

SO I added three mek guns, just kannons, but still gives me some firepower backfield and are cheap... Essentially now I lost the buggies, bit picked up two kopters and three kannon... I feel it's a good trade... And of course, my kannons are mounted with wheels like trailers, so it looks good fluff-wise... :)

Adam
« Last Edit: January 1, 2017, 02:02:35 PM by adamscurr »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »
I too like the ard boys unit. However I use just a regular boss (with a headwoppa) with the unit. The ard boys and the boss get fnp while the pain boy is alive and it is a hard unit to kill. The boss always challenges and I have yet to lose my boss to CC. (rapid fire is another story)

A great list, looks pretty close to what I run, except for the MaNs, I use flash gits instead, same thing just more shooty... ;D

Good to see you getting ready to take over the universe again. When you do get into a fight let us see a batrep to know how you do.

Now, go a crump something...
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »
I'll write something up after the tourney... It's a small tourney to go with a campaign that has been running at my store...

Adam