News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Son's of Pestilence Army Progress  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Daemon Prince Bubonicus the Black

• The Son of Pestilence, The Lord of Damnation
    • Dark Soldiers
Son's of Pestilence Army Progress
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:18:01 PM »
Alright, I'm basicly restarting this entire topic from scratch. This is the same place, same topic and all, but, updated a little more often. Now, this is definately going to show alot more of my army, starting with my D Prince. so, with no further ado, here are a couple pics of the newly found and re-amped Daemon Prince, Bubonicus the Blackhearted.

At first, I was a little afraid to use GS on his body, but I warmed up to the idea of nurgles twisted armour, so this really gave me a chance to work on him a bit more. His head is still WIP, as you can easily see (if the pics aren't to blurry, anyway), but eventually, it'll be a helmet under a hood.

Like before, this first post wil lbe where all the new pics are going to be posted.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 06:54:02 PM by Daemon Prince Bubonicus the Black »
"For my lord, my master, I will slaughter in the name or Nurgle. For my own gain and ambitions, I will kill those in my way. For the power of the warp, I will allow Daemon Hood to take my body. As for you, I will slaughter you if you stand in my way. Death to the righteous, death to the holy, and death to those that offer their praises to the emperor!"

Lord Bubonicus the Black, Son of Pestilence

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Don't worry, they look quite good so far, but many of the pictures could use to be cropped and some (especially of the first Terminator) are just redundant.

Crop and Resize Photos thread
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Massaen

• Ork Boy
  • Worlds End Radio Host!
personally i don't think every nurgle marine should be bloated and such, just plague marines so i reckon the termie is cool.

For the chaos lord i would try a wash or 2 on the wings in particular as they look very chalky in the pics...

The stars once lived and died at our hands and yet you still defy us? Foolish Mon Keigh, you are all doomed...

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
 Excellent collection of many models... many painted but I think they will be stripped...

As for the Chaos Lords what more can I say than... Congratulations. On the terminator though as you said a cloak would be lovely (although I don't know if lovely suits a Chaos Lord!)...
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline iandanger

I second the cloak addition, and I raise you tentacles on the arms.  They could come out of the vents in his back, or from the underside of his shoulder pads, and wrap around, i think it would help differentiate him a little from other termies.
#occupyterra

Always looking for a way to make CSM fun again.

• Dark Soldiers
My current plan for my actual marines (what is what I'm currently working on) is to use greenstuff and make their armour quite different. I'm starting by completely removing all markings and raised areas. Then, I plan on stripping them and then, after full stripped and fallen apart, I'm going to start GSing them. By the end of it, they'll look quite nice. If you didn't notice, I turned my Possessed into a squad of Chosen w/4 combi bolters and, now (not pictured), 1 heavy bolter. I think they're going to turn out nicely by the end.

Anyway, I'll crop and fix the pics so 1, it doesn't take so long to load and two, so there isn't that huge gap in between the models and the end of the picture.

As for the chaos lord, I love his model so much the farthest I'll go is with a cape :p I'm a little afraid I might ruin the model by adding anything else :p Many of my marines, by the end of this entire ordeal, will look quite pleasing to the eyes of Nurgle. Here soon, when I'm finished working on it, I'll post up some concept art of how I plan, or really would like, them to turn out. (By friday)

Do you think in their current state of a 1600 point army (and that was when the possessed were possessed, not chosen) they would be able to be used in a tourney (if I dry brushed white onto them so they had a little more detailed after painting them Chaos Black :p)?
"For my lord, my master, I will slaughter in the name or Nurgle. For my own gain and ambitions, I will kill those in my way. For the power of the warp, I will allow Daemon Hood to take my body. As for you, I will slaughter you if you stand in my way. Death to the righteous, death to the holy, and death to those that offer their praises to the emperor!"

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
My current plan for my actual marines (what is what I'm currently working on) is to use greenstuff and make their armour quite different. I'm starting by completely removing all markings and raised areas. Then, I plan on stripping them and then, after full stripped and fallen apart, I'm going to start GSing them. By the end of it, they'll look quite nice. If you didn't notice, I turned my Possessed into a squad of Chosen w/4 combi bolters and, now (not pictured), 1 heavy bolter. I think they're going to turn out nicely by the end.

Can I ask what will you GS on them or I will have to wait to see?
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

• Dark Soldiers
I'm literally going to completely redo the chest plates of every last one of my marines (35 to 40 marines atleast), and aspiring champions are going to look even more different. I'm going to add extra leg plating so that they seem tougher, seeing how they either have an icon of Nurgle of Tzeentch. Then, the helmets are going to, from the mouth vent area, put hoses like gas maskes to fit in with the Death Guard feel. The entire design of my army is going to be based around walking and taking bullets while my terminators either wait to deep strike or are charing in behind my normal marines.

• Dark Soldiers
Re: Son's of Pestilence Army Progress
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »

for the most part, this marine is entirely finished. just need a little dry brushing and some highlighting and he'll be done.