News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chaos Space Marines 500pts. Thoughts?  (Read 770 times)

Offline Danzeru

Chaos Space Marines 500pts. Thoughts?
« on: January 27, 2008, 08:57:50 PM »
My friend's Chaos Space Marine Army List... He wants some feedback.

---

HQ:

Sorcerer: Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission, Chaos Icon.
130pts

Greater Daemon.
100pts

Troops:

5 Chaos Space Marines: Champion, Chaos Icon.
100pts

5 Chaos Space Marines: Champion.

6 Lesser Daemons.
78pts

Total: 498pts.

---

Split force that would work using Lash of Submission to position the enemy for daemon and marine assault, possible flanking maneuver. The Sorcerer will be accompanying the marines squad without the icon...
Thoughts and feedback?
The cake is a lie.

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Re: Chaos Space Marines 500pts. Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 10:08:04 PM »
IMO, it's an (un)friendly list, whether or not it's efficient or not.

It's top heavy... relying on the sorceror and greater daemon.

Your treatment of the troops choice makes me sad and angry.

You've reduced them to min sized Greater daemon delivery... they don't offer any ranged or CC assistance...

And the lesser daemons are worse than the marines, exacerbated by the list.

Basically, you have a greater daemon for your offense, and everything else is just 'filler' and unappreciated....

Sorry if this sounds harsh Danzeru... but these are the initial feels to the list, it's not competative nor friendly.

At such low points I advise Combat Patrols... and that you focus on troops more, they are the backbone of the army, not the HQ choices... they are good supports to the army.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline OrionKale

Re: Chaos Space Marines 500pts. Thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:47:38 PM »
My feel on an army like this...

You have an over-expensive sorcerer. In a list like this, you should have a small hq... An HQ with a very low point value. With Lash at 500 points, it doesn't even get fun anymore.

Your greater daemon. It's not 100% that you'll get this close. You'll be moving 6" max on all your units.

Your lesser daemons will have to get close, and even when they do get close, that's not very many of them. For daemons to really be useful in a squad, you need them to be more of a swarm.

With Lash, a greater daemon, and minimum squads, this list doesn't even sound fun. It sounds like a list that would win in 500 points, but would really be more.. stupid to play then anything.

Tell your friend to ditch the greater daemon, and maybe even the daemons in this point value. More troops! They're the backbone of your army.
-Glory to my dear grandfather...