News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bloodletters banner  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Dangerousdave0042

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Blood Angels and Tyranids
Bloodletters banner
« on: July 2, 2015, 12:55:46 AM »
So bloodletters have a banner that gives them a 6+D6 charge range. The rules in the codex say you "pop" the banner before you roll charge distance.

However, roll charge distance is the third thing you do, the second thing you do according to the rules is shoot overwatch (the first is declare a charge).

So in a game I killed the banner holder on overwatch. Does he get to use it? My interpretation would be that the banner is popped at stage 2.9 (so to speak) after overwatch. My opponent (and we could both see each others point of view) view was that popping the banner at stage 1.5 (ie before overwatch was fired) was still pooping the banner before charge distance was rolled. Thoughts?

As it happened in this game we just rolled off, I won, and then he rolled a "6" anyway!
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Bloodletters banner
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2015, 10:03:37 AM »
Since you declare it's use before charge range is rolled, I'd say if the bearer is killed in overwatch, you wouldn't get to use it. I know that I've waited to see how bad overwatch was *before* using the banner, so that seems fair to me.

Also: who put their banner at the front? It works from anywhere, guys.