News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Just a little something special...  (Read 772 times)

Offline Fafnir

• Ork Boy
  • tied and gagged in the back of your car
Just a little something special...
« on: January 25, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »
Finally completed, Typhus!

I don't play CSM, and I don't really ever plan on it, but Typhus is one of my favourite models, so I decided to put him together for once. I'm a little tired of green, orks and all, so I decided to use gold instead.

Basic order of painting was shining gold -> wash with glaze brown -> drybrush with skull white -> drybrush with mithril silver -> drybrush the blood on -> wash with black glaze.

The base was made using the standard GW gravel and grass, with some freeze dried beef liver. The liver was covered in glue, primed, and then painted. Hopefully, it'll last.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Re: Just a little something special...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 05:59:51 PM »
I've used some weird crap in my time, but dried liver takes the take...

Looks filthy, rotten and downright disgusting. So well done my Orky friend! It's one of my favourites as well.

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 06:05:11 PM »
Should've used fresh liver... to paint him; the older the model gets, the more Nurggly (?) he becomes. Pretty good though.
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 06:08:29 PM »
Well, even if the liver doesn't last, it can only make the model.....smell.... more authentic.

The model looks pretty good too. :-) Only thing is there's really quite a bit of red showing through. I understand he wouldn't take the time to wash it off or anything, but maybe a little more contrast somewhere would be nice.
Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
     1 / 1 / 1

Offline Fafnir

• Ork Boy
  • tied and gagged in the back of your car
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »
Well, since his armour is gold, I figured that it'll be a model of him somewhere near the time when he first became sworn in by Nurgle. As such, his wounds and scabs aren't at their most infected yet, but aren't actually clotted yet either. As such, he's bleeding profusely out of every oriface in his armour. In terms of contrast, I really wanted to focus on the white of the face, since despite all the blood and guts coming from him, what's really the most intimidating is his face.

Offline DutchyLion

• Official Deathdealer...
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:10:47 AM »
Great looking model m8, its nice to see a different scheme then the traditional bone/green look, really nice and filthy......and as Raktra said, the liver is pretty weird but if it lasts u should be ok ;)

D
''The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you Mon'Keigh still try and defy us?''
Prince Yriel.
================================================
One of the holy 10 commandments of gaming.
-''Thou shalt teabag only in the wake of unquestionable ownage''

Offline Ov3rki11

• Lock and Load
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »
Hopefully, it'll last.

Hmmm.. Food derived bases?

I think i'll paint a strawberry for my next mission objective marker ><

lol well done, A really fresh, and rotten, angle at lord of decay.
"If I were you, I would run now. But, Knowing you you will ponder your tactics until the battle itself swarms around you."
Bikes are good for riding... Oh and shooting things with their front mounted bolters. Because all bikes have those. Even my push bike.