News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Point Nidzilla List  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Cidias

• 2-3, Still learning
1500 Point Nidzilla List
« on: February 28, 2015, 11:24:30 AM »
With my Eldar army at the point where I'm happy with them I've decided to try something completely different and start 'Nids. Here's my 1500 point list.

-Hive Tyrant with wings, TL devourer (brainleech), Heavy Venom Cannon and Electroshock Grubs, Regen
-Tervigon with the Miasma Cannon, Electro Grubs and Regen in a Tyrannocyte with Venom Cannons
-30 Termigaunts, 12 with Devourers
-2 Venomthropes
-4 Zoanthropes with a Neurothrope
-Hive Crone with Stinger Salvo
-Exocrene
    -1503 Points-

Offline Wyldhunt

Re: 1500 Point Nidzilla List
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »
Looks like fun to face.  I take it your plan is to push the gaunts up the board with venoms and zoanthropes as support, swoop the flying MCs forward, and tyrannocite your tervigon in so you can start spamming objective securing threats in the backfield, right? 

I recommend rolling on the Strategic warlord table with this list as mainpulating your reserves to get the tervigon in sooner or giving your whole arms stealth to go with the venomthrope's shrouded will really give you a boost. 

The tyrant might want to swap out his heavy venom cannon for a second set of devourers. The devourers will still be effective against most vehicles, will be better against pretty much any non-vehicle short of a Toughness 8 monstrous creature, and can still be fired after jinking (while the cannon cannot). 

Looks like a solid list to me though.  Not super-competitive, but not a pushover either. Something that would be fun to face in casual games.