News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pts Speed list  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Flumpy

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1000pts Speed list
« on: August 9, 2015, 04:37:44 PM »
WAAAGH! Folks

Back after a long hiatus. Finished building my Dread Mob formation and having played some games I've started to build a more conventional Ork List. I'm going for speed this time and was hoping on getting feedback from you experienced Warboss'

The List:
Zhadsnark; 150

(x3) 10 Boyz inc Nob with B.Pole and P.Klaw. Trukk with Ram: 135 (405)

9 Warbikes inc Nob with B.Pole and B.Choppa: 182

Blitz-Bomma: 135

(x2) 2 Deffkoptas with Rokkits: 60 (120)

Total: 992

Zhadsnark goes with the Bikes to make them Troops and give them the 2+ cover save of annoyance. Though they have melee potential  I'm hoping to keep them as a fire support/harassment unit. Da Boyz form the main workhorse of the army's relying on (hopeful) weight of attacks and the Nob can opener. Not sure whether to use the Horde detachment or regular FOC? Blitz-Bomma and Koptas to target the Squishy parts of armour. I'm going for a second CAD with the next 500pts

Model wise I've got Da Boyz and the Trukks, everything else is awaiting purchase though I'm wanting to do the Koptas as Looted Tau battlesuits. And the Zhadsnark model is just too beautiful to pass up.

Any tips for Da WAAAGH! Ladz?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: 1000pts Speed list
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 10:45:02 AM »
I just LOVE it, a speed freak list that I can help with.

A few changes to your list, not deletions, additions.

With the trucks add in wrecking balls. They attack in the shooting phase and are decent dread killers, especially those still pesky BA dreads.

At this point level split the death coptas into squadrons of one, as pairs you will fail the LD test every time one gets killed. As solo coptas they are either on the board or dead.

As for the blitz bomma, too risky for the results. I proxied one once, and had both bombs miss, and a "clipped em" result. Funny; yes but not if you are actually trying to win. If you haven't built the bomma yet switch it to the burna bomma, it will be more effective. Or, since you are lacking in air defence maybe make it the fighta with extra supa shoota and ace upgrade. You have plenty of armor killing stuff with the boys and the nobs.

For now, go with the regular FoC from the rule book. The objective secured is a way better bonus. It is a hoot when a single boy can trump a venomthrope to control the objective at the end of the game.

For your second FoC, take a pain boy on a bike to add to the bikers resilience, and add in two more truck squads and some rockit buggies.

Just to give you an idea of where you might want to go with your list, I will share my current list so you can maybe consider what to add later.

Foc One
Warboss with heavy armor, cybork, boss pole, head whoppa, TL shoota
10 Ard boys one is nob with BP and PK mounted in a truck with wrecking ball and ram
12 boys, nob with BP and PK mounted in a truck with wrecking ball and ram
12 shoota boys, nob with BP and big choppa mounted in a truck with wrecking ball and ram
3 rockit buggies
Dakka jet with extra supa shoota and ace
5 death coptas with rockits
12 tank bustas, nob with BP in BW with ram and grots

FoC Two
Pain Boy
3 rockit buggies
Dakka Jet with extra supa shoota and ace

FoC Three
Big mek with KFF
5 death coptas with big shootas
Burna bomma with 4 burna missiles
10 Lootas in BW with ram, 4 rockits and grots

The list is variable points, as I never know what the daily point limit at my LGS is going to be so I have it broken down in tiers that would take too long to list out. With all the above it comes in at just shy of 2k points. Dropping one FoC makes it about 1500. (with smaller squad sizes, etc)

The tank bustas are surprisingly effective anti air, 12 shots will usually take out a flyer. Lootas do the same when I take them.

At my LGS there is a LOT of air power going around, even more so than the armored phalanx of days gone by, so I am still adapting to the air campaign stuff.

Hope that helps
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Flumpy

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 12:17:46 PM »
It's most helpful sir! I've satisfied my need for Klanky Robots now it's time to add some speed!

It's a shame about the Blitz-Bomma, however I quite like the Dakkjet as it's technically the most accurate model in our army. With Flyboss and Starfing Run you have Twin Linked BS3 against everything! Would you recommend Rokkits Buggies or Deffkoptas? I went for the Koptas as they can jink, but Buggies don't need to worry about Moral. Hmm...

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:18:58 PM »
I currently prefer the koptas. Yes a bolter only needs a 5 to wound versus a 6 to glance a buggy, but the kopta still gets his regular armour save and if its something really nasty he can always jink. That combined with the potential range a kopta can get by turbo-boosting makes them a must have for me. I also use my koptas for getting stuck into close combat. With their higher toughness they can tie up a unit of weaker strength models for a few rounds (check out one of my batreps for an example.) And with the ability to add a buzzsaw they are a very versatile unit indeed. Definitely recommend taking singular koptas as Skeetergod suggested for both the morale issue and it divides your opponents targeting priorities. It also gives you more rolls for reserves and a better chance to getting one out earlier in the game.

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 06:07:17 AM »
Doesn't Zhadsnark's warlord trait prevent you from taking dreads in his detatchment?

Offline Flumpy

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »
Yup, no Dreads, Kans or Big Guns (Mek Guns?), but you get Warbikers as Troops, a boost to their cover save and a Warboss with a Power Klaw without unwieldy! Worth the trade in my Opinion  ;D