News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Okay here is a 2000pt list  (Read 568 times)

Offline Shade, Bankai King

Okay here is a 2000pt list
« on: May 7, 2006, 06:47:52 PM »
Okay this list is focused around close combat and close quaters shooting.

HQ
Nightbringer-360pts.
Lord-VOD,Res orb,Warsythe-210pts.

Elites
10 Flayed Ones-180pts.(Lord goes with these guys)

Troops
11 Warriors-196pts.
11 Warriors-196pts.
10 Warriors-180pts.

Fast Attack
3 Wraiths-123pts.
3 Wraiths-123pts.
2 Wraiths-82pts.

Heavy Support
Monolith-235pts.
2x Tomb Spyders-110pts.

Okay total model count
54 Infanrtry models
1 Tank
51 Necron P/O models

Okay basic strat is for the warriors to walk up into double tap range the nunload death upon the enimes.The wraiths turbo first turn the ncharge second.Flayed ones and lord vod first turn then charge.Monolith deep strikes.
[CENTER

Offline Halfpast_Yellow

• ##Don't run! We are your friends!##
Re: Okay here is a 2000pt list
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2006, 01:36:51 AM »
This is something different. I would suggest dropping the Veil on the Lord for some more choppy wargear like Phase shifter, phylactery and Gaze of Flame, joining him to the flayed ones and using the Deepstriking monolith to get them into combat. It's a bit less clumsy I find, having Monolith come in, pull flayed ones and lord from 18 Inches away, and moving and charging with them, all in one turn, rather than a more risky deepstrike that leaves you stranded for a turn, all bunched up and gives the oppurtunity for them to run away...

Offline Jet

• Major
  • CuZ Ima BadBoy
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2006, 02:01:57 AM »
Troops
11 Warriors-196pts.
11 Warriors-196pts.
10 Warriors-180pts.

This  is all your shooting!  Yes I understand that this is a CC oriented army but take into consideration this:Your only power weapons are on the lord, the bringer and the tomb spider.  They cannot support an entire cc army.  The Necrons weren't made for this.  If you want the same theme then take out 11 warriors and 2 wraiths and at least add in a unit of 10 immortals.  They are very durable and can cover some good range.  Also if this is a cc army, where are the swarms?  The best 30 wounds and 40 attacks on the charge for the points in the army.  Maybe consider some Scarabs cuase they also can take out tanks with the d-fields.  Just a couple ideas.
"True Kings never die"

Offline int main()

• Crouching Broadside,Hidden Stealthsuit
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2006, 05:44:58 AM »
With both the Nightbringer and a Monolith in 2000 points your Phase Out count is extremely low. I've tried fielding a Deceiver in 1500 pt.s and it was bad enough.I had only 45 Necron models, inclusive of 1 Lord and I had no Monolith.
Burn the Sister of Battle.
Kill the Space Marine.
Purge the Grey Knight.
Destroy the Imperium.
Let the Galaxy burn!