News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Point Army. Opinions appreciated!  (Read 1130 times)

Offline -Icarus-

• Falling is bliss
1500 Point Army. Opinions appreciated!
« on: December 16, 2004, 03:27:06 PM »
Hi. I am new to Harlequins and have my first game with them coming up soon. I have put this list together, primarily for fighting Space Marines and other 3+Save nasties as this is the type of opponent i regularly play. I shall make changes as necessary for swarm-type and other armies. Any advice on the list below?

HQ

Great Harlequin [160]
With Plasma Pistol, Harlequin’s Kiss, Powerblades, D-Field, Dread Mask, Plasma Grenades and Haywire Grenades.

Shadowseer [156]
With Shuriken Pistol, Bio-explosive Ammunition, Harlequin’s Kiss, Powerblades, D-Field, Dread Mask, Plasma Grenades and Haywire Grenades.

Elites

Solitaire [190]
With Plasma Pistol, Harlequin’s Kiss, Powerblades, D-Field, Dread Mask, Plasma Grenades and Haywire Grenades.

2 Death Jesters [94]
with Shrieker Cannons and Powerblades

2 Death Jesters [114]
with Brightlances and Powerblades

Troops

Harlequin Troupe
-   1 Troupe Leader with Neuro-disruptor, Close Combat Weapon, Plasma Grenades and Haywire Grenades. [62]
-   2 Harlequins with Power Weapons, Shuriken Pistols and Plasma Grenades.[66]
-   2 Harlequins with Plasma Pistols, Close Combat Weapons and Plasma Grenades. [64]

Harlequin Troupe
-   3 Harlequins with Shuriken Pistols, Close Combat Weapons and Plasma Grenades. [81]

Harlequin Troupe
-   3 Harlequins with Shuriken Pistols, Close Combat Weapons and Plasma Grenades. [81]

Fast Attack

Harlequin Jetbike Squad
-   1 Troupe Leader with Shuriken Pistol, Power Weapon, Powerblades and Plasma Grenades. [88]
-   1 Harlequin Jetbike with Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken Pistol and Power Weapon. [69]
-   1 Harlequin Jetbike with Shuriken Pistol and Power Weapon. [57]

Heavy Support

Venom [85]
with Holofield and Shuriken Cannon.

TOTAL: 1499 Points
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 03:31:01 PM by -Icarus- »
Warfare is the way of deception.
- Sun Tzu

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: 1500 Point Army. Opinions appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 04:08:01 PM »
I would drop all the leaders and get more bodies, and drop all the fancy pistols on anything that is going to be foot-slogging, as you will jsut waste points while FoFing. If you are only using powerweapons i nteh squads (I would get some kisses as well) I would suggest Riveblades for the characters instead. Yes you drop an A, but you get the chance to cut commanders in a single swipe, which you can't with ust the blades. if you are intent on using the kiss with your characters you should give the same to your troupes, not powerweapons.
The leader of the bikers - powerweapon AND powerblades? Why not get a kiss or fancy pistol instead? You get more effects to choose from that way.
Otherwise I think it looks fine. Good luck with it.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline -Icarus-

• Falling is bliss
Re: 1500 Point Army. Opinions appreciated!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 02:23:41 PM »
Yeah biker leader should be a kiss, not a power weapon, as per the other characters, my mistake. As for the pistols... if i take them out i could get just one more harlequin. If i keep them in admittedly they won't be used much as i'll be fleet of footing, but i just figured it would be handy for any situation when an enemy was close enough to assult without a fleet of foot, to thin them out and ensure victory. Might try it and see if i ever use them.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 03:36:23 PM by -Icarus- »
Warfare is the way of deception.
- Sun Tzu