News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tzeentch army  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
Tzeentch army
« on: August 9, 2002, 03:55:30 AM »
I was thinking about what you people thought about a prototype Tzeentch army that I think I might get. Here it is-

-Two squads of Thouasnd Sons (I'll decide numbers when the new codex comes out but I'll most likely have one squad large enough to get a upgraded sorcerer for free)
-One squad of Flamers of Tzeentch
-Chaos Sorcerer Lord
-Squad of Possessed (for more speed)
-Dreadnought

So what do you guys think?
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline Dark Nick

• quote "ALL IS DUST"
Re:Tzeentch army
« Reply #1 on: August 9, 2002, 04:26:06 AM »
Looks good to me.  I don't use deamons with my Tzeentch army but I was thinking of adding some Possessed for speed and HtH that Thousand Sons lack.  Make sure your Thousand Sons units are always nine models.  There are a few reasons for this.

Can use psychic powers.  You need these to make up for your lack of heavy weapons.

You can easily change powers between games since you don't have to model them.  This gives you great flexability.

Sorcerers can assault unlike your Thousand Sons.  This way you may be able to charge your opponent before he assaults you.

Sorcerers can get power weapons and extra wargear.

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
Re:Tzeentch army
« Reply #2 on: August 9, 2002, 11:52:59 AM »
I think it's a good start, but it would probably only stretch you to around 1000 points. It would be a good army to start play with, as it gives you two solid troop units, an HQ, an elite choice, a summoned unit (drives your enemies' strategies insane with rage!) and a heavy support unit. Good to go.

Sorcerers can assault unlike your Thousand Sons.  This way you may be able to charge your opponent before he assaults you.

Sorcerors that are Independent Characters can assault, but not Sorcerors that are attached to squads. A Tim (Sorceror as we call them) that is gained by the 9 man squad bonus will never be able to assault, unless the rest of his squad is killed and he passed the Last Man Standing rolls.