News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your Solitaire Acheivments  (Read 3419 times)

Aulan Cnesha

Your Solitaire Acheivments
« on: January 28, 2002, 08:59:13 PM »
Hey, I just now noticed that solitaires must be the best infantry in the game when given a huge load of Wargear.  My 182 point solitaire has wiped out:  full squads of gaunts, full squads of gretchin, full squad of tactical squads, (once) nearly wiped out a nearly full platoon of imperial guard infantry.  My Solitaire didn't advance far enough to ward of the bloody fools.  He's killed special characters, titans, dreadnoughts, guardians,  my god my solitaire has killed just about everything,

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
Re:Your Solitaire Acheivments
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 09:35:50 PM »
well my 10 warpspiders once killed 30 guardsmen in 1 round of shootin and assault...
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Mystic Teuton

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 02:40:30 PM »
Yes but were u using the ilegal kiss and blades on same turn combo?

If you wern't than he actualy on average only can kill 3 marines on charge. Against light troops with kiss tho he can rock.

I think he should have S4 or more weapons such as an execution (A solitare armed with executioner and powerblades would look soooo cool!!) or maybe some of the DE weapons like always wound on 4+ no save etc.

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2002, 03:05:25 PM »
well i was fighting imperial guard, and plus, the majority of the kills i got were from my solitaire advancing past the unit.

Offline Jiaurtel

• As Ynnead rises Death shall reign supreme!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2002, 12:31:05 AM »
Ah the good old Guardsmen. The only thing that our crappy 3 str works well against. Where is the undead fury and strength on a Sol huh? He is soulless and dead, might as well give him str 5 or something. Oh wait I can hear SM chanting Cheese!

Offline Trenog

• Farseer Kesheran - The Desert Wind
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2002, 12:34:27 AM »
meh, if the solitare isn't viewed as "cheese" by marine players by now, there is something wrong with the average marine player now a days :)

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2002, 06:05:19 AM »
if you look at the statistic bars at the bottom of the codex, it claims solitaires do have str 4 and then it says just about everyone else has ld 10

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2002, 06:32:20 AM »
Btw, the Kiss/Powerblade combo isn't illigal(at least not in Gav Thorpes draft codex). Its the Rivet Blades/Powerblades combo at same turn that is illigal.
Though god knows why the Kiss/Powerblade combo shouldn't be illigal.

Still, the solitaires Blitz rule can make him able to make 17 attacks if you are equipped with powerblades, two weapons and charge from 1". That is, 17 attacks that ignore armor. Lets just say that a BA Deathcompany wouldn't be happy. Because if he its on 3+ and wounds on 5+ he would be able to take out 4 Deathcompanists by himself.
If he had S4 he would be able to take out 5-6 of them by himself.
If the Kiss/powerblades combo is legal he would be able to take out about 10 of them. Even if just the Kiss/powerweapon would be legal...well.

In a demostration battle I have seen the Solitaire take out a whole Wolfguard Retinue by himself. In that fight he used Plasmapistol, shuriken pistol and powerblades.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Thiefs_Pawn

• I'm a gibbon!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2002, 07:46:05 AM »
Quote from codex, under Eldar Harlequin wargear (page 11)

Note 3: Some Harlequin characters may be armed with two special close combat weapons, for example a Harlequins’ Kiss and a power weapon. You may only use the special rules for one close combat weapon (in this example either wound on a 2+ or ignore armour saves) though you still gain +1 attack for a second close combat weapon.

Quoted from codex Solitare description (page 8 ) (my emphasis)

Blitz Attack: When a Solitaire moves at full speed they are a blur of light, faster than any other living creature. A Solitaire can assault 12" instead of the normal 6". Rather than gaining +1 Attack for charging into an assault, a Solitaire gains +1 Attack for each inch of unused charge distance up to a maximum of +6 Attacks. For example, if a Solitaire charges into an enemy 8" away then they gain +4 Attacks.

So maximum attacks for a charge of 6" or less = 12 (4 + 1 for 2CC weapons + 1 for powerblades + 6 for blitz)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2002, 07:46:58 AM by Thiefs_Pawn »

Offline Jiaurtel

• As Ynnead rises Death shall reign supreme!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2002, 10:39:24 AM »
Actually no you cant combine harlie :-* and powerblades. Ruleboys at GW said that many a time.

As for the 12 attacks you actually are limited to 10 as all other stats maximus is 10(Ld is an example and so are the Dread and powerfist strength) :'(

Offline Thiefs_Pawn

• I'm a gibbon!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2002, 10:54:02 AM »
Are you saying that you can't use both effects at the same time (which is what I said), or that you can't equip one model with both weapons? If you mean the latter then I really don't see why, especially as the quote I posted mentions a model having both of those weapons.
As for a limit of 10 attacks, where is that from? I could understand no character having a base A of more than 10 but why can't you use bonus attacks over 10?

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2002, 02:44:21 PM »
Yeah, what theif's pawn says.

killerfroggie

« Reply #12 on: February 1, 2002, 03:47:50 PM »
You technically should be able to use both power blades and the kiss on the same turn according to Gav Thorpe's codex. It says you cant use the effects of two close combat weapons at the same time, but power blades are wargear and not a weapon and therefore can be combined with the kiss. This should be illegal and you opponent has be-atchin rights, but according to the current rules there is nothing wrong with it.

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #13 on: February 2, 2002, 05:57:21 PM »
As far as I see it, Rive blades and powerblades wouldn't be illegal.  Cause pg 36 of CJ44 says powerblades and kiss aren't illegal, so who's to say rive blades and powerblades aren't?

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #14 on: February 2, 2002, 09:25:33 PM »
it specifically says rive and power cant be combineed, they both mount on the forearms
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #15 on: February 3, 2002, 09:22:25 AM »
?  You hold rive blades, they dont mount to forearm.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #16 on: February 4, 2002, 07:48:35 PM »
The codex STILL says specificly that you can't use Rive blades and powerblades together.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2002, 06:09:49 AM »
found it, thank you