News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Painting my first Eldar army!  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Infernion

• Lan Haras - Bright Blood
  • Armies: Eldar Craftworlds
Painting my first Eldar army!
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
Here I am basically going to be posting updates on the painting of my Eldar army. I am open to constructive criticism and tips!

Here is what I've done so far:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
I know it's not the best, but it is my first army so it's to be expected 😂
Lan Haras - Bright Blood

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Painting my first Eldar army!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:33:59 PM »
Looking good. I really like the pose you chose for the exarch. Keep it up!

Offline Infernion

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:22:12 AM »
Thanks! I'm currently in the process of painting my guardians, I have 19, so that may take a while.  :D
Lan Haras - Bright Blood

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 07:18:51 AM »
Hey Infernion welcome to the project logs! There's some good stuff down here so welcome to the workshop!  ;D Anyway off to a nice start so far! I think chose a good paint scheme for a beginner too. It'll have a nice sinister look that's fairly easy to achieve. Also the grey paints GW has produced are phenomenally easy to work with. With just Eshin Grey and Dawnstone you can knockout all your highlights. I've been working on some black units in my Eldar and Dark Angels and it couldn't be easier.

I've only got 2 bits of advice. Embed your photos using into your posts so people are more likely to reply. The less clicking around people have to do the more inclined they are to get involved. When you are making a post you just copy and paste the image's URL, highlight it and then click on the little Mona Lisa icon on the top right hand corner, it'll make a little code thingy that looks like this around the URL, thus embedding the image.

Second I would get a lamp (any lamp will do)and have it positioned so its shining light on the front of the models. If you can 2 lamps that'd be even better and position them on either side.

Anyway bud welcome to the project logs and good luck with your army! Looking forward to seeing how it comes along. Keep us posted!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Infernion

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »
Thanks so much for the lighting tips, and thanks for the warm welcome! I currently only have the paints in the hobby starter set + a dark purple but i will look into the paints you described. I'm also super exited for the new instant gemstone paints! they are gonna make life so much easier! I'm going to spend tomorrow afternoon trying to get a few more guardians done and i also have a vyper as wip! I'll keep you updated.

Infernion
Lan Haras - Bright Blood

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »
Nice start :)

Another tip for photo's. Use a white backdrop, just pop them on some A4 paper and use another sheet as a wall. That plus the lamp Cav suggested will let you show off your work alot better :)

Offline Infernion

« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2016, 12:43:41 PM »
Sadly didn't get the guardians done today, something came up. Did have time to buy a farseer skyrunner which I will probably be building tommorow! Shame about the progress today, hopefully tommorow will be more productive!
Lan Haras - Bright Blood