News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Quick Anti-Anyone tactics  (Read 1893 times)

Seer Questel

Quick Anti-Anyone tactics
« on: September 22, 2002, 03:22:39 AM »
these are just basic tactics that are for newbies that dont know how to kill who.

Eldar-Whirlwinds and Librarians. these 2 are very effective at taking down the eldar aspect warriors and their phycic powers, especally now that they can be used against warlock powers too.

Vechicle IG: Predators, simply because errr....they're predators and an assult squad with meltabombs.

Infantry IG: Normal marines and a wirlwind i find work well.

Tyrinds: once again the ever handy wirlwind, maybe a predator to take out the big bugs.

Nercrons: Take as much plasma weaponay as you can, take out tomb spiders early.

Orks: Whirlwinds, land raider crusader

Dark Eldar: stay in a solid formation so they cant smash u 1 at a time. Heavy weapons to take out raiders then a wirlwind to wipe out they're infasntry.

Tau: rush forward sticking to cover if availabe, deep strike anything that's alloud. Terminators with heavy flamers deepstriking down to the Etherals unit and firing is very painful to the Tau.

I havent mentioned Sisters of battle, Chaos or other Sm's because i dont actrully know any1 who plays SOB and SM's and Chaos have to versitile army lists to know what you'll need, but if u know that u'll be playing against a certain chapter then do what their weakness is ( all the Chapters with their own list or codex have a weakness)

And thats my 2 cents, also this is just what i have found works and i clearly like Whirlwinds alot so feel free to just add to this list .

Offline Kei'Ariq

• Ancient
  • Ariq rides again
    • Wych Cult of Spank Me!
Re:Quick Anti-Anyone tactics
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2002, 11:05:35 AM »
Dark Eldar: stay in a solid formation so they cant smash u 1 at a time. Heavy weapons to take out raiders then a wirlwind to wipe out they're infasntry.
Generally Dark Eldar will do very well against an army that is in a solid formation. It means that the army can hide from almost the entire force by staying behind cover until it gets to assault range. You need to spread out to some extent or play on a table with an inadequate amount of terrain if you are going to stay in a large bunch.

A better strategy is to use Whirlwinds and sacrificial Land Speeders to take out the most threatening units and take the rest on as you can.

Offline billy

• The emperor prevales KILL THE LLAMAS
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2002, 02:30:01 PM »
Archon Kei'Ariq do you think a rhino rush is good against Dark Eldar. Some people say it is but I wanna know from the best.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2002, 03:23:19 PM by billy »
The enemies of the emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all the others. They fear the wrath of the SpaceMarines

Offline klardom

• Coffee: That which gives substance to life.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2002, 06:46:35 PM »
psychic hood can't be used on warlock powers.  GW said in a chapter approved that it only works against psychic powers which require a psychic test.  Of course you can use it against augment, but none of the others.

And yes, i must admit whirlwinds kill eldar nicely.  Pred-anniahilators also efficiently kill wraithlords, in addition to their normal anti-tank role.  Librarians can be used to great effect, especially against farseers, but you have to watch and protect them, as any good eldar player will recongnize the danger of one.  And they're not THAT hard to kill... ;)
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Seer Questel

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2002, 08:48:52 PM »
Actrully on the Gw website in the eldar rule clarifacation section it says you can use the phycic hood aginst warlock powers.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2002, 08:51:00 PM by Seer Questel »

Offline Kei'Ariq

• Ancient
  • Ariq rides again
    • Wych Cult of Spank Me!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2002, 10:43:51 PM »
Firstly, from the latest Eldar Q&A:

Q. Can Warlock abilities be countered by a Space Marine Librarian with a Psychic Hood?
A. No, the Psychic Hood is only effective against powers that require a Psychic test to work.

In my opinion, a Rhino rush is not the best way to beat Dark Eldar, although it can work. Basically if you can take away their mobility (by destroying the Raiders) the Dark Eldar are easy to beat. Troops in Rhinos struggle to take out the Raiders. I think the best way is to take a shooty army augmented with a couple of Whirlwinds and a couple of counter assault units.

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2002, 11:36:35 PM »
Anti-anyone tactics:
1) Shoot your enemy
2) Assault your enemy
3) Don't let your enemy do 1) or 2) to you

Sorry, but I couldn't resist...
What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

And then, the Emperor whispered his dying words into Rogal Dorn's ear: "Put me in a big golden chair and feed me souls!"

Offline LehmanRuss

• Has a Custom Title
  • Hey, you mess with the Bull, you get the Horns.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2002, 03:17:10 AM »
Firstly, from the latest Eldar Q&A:

Q. Can Warlock abilities be countered by a Space Marine Librarian with a Psychic Hood?
A. No, the Psychic Hood is only effective against powers that require a Psychic test to work.

It may be on the GW website, but it's not in either of the places that would make it official: In a White Dwarf or in a rulebook.

Hell, even go look at the Chapter Approved book under the Eldar Q&A.  It even has it right there that you CAN use it, so why did they suddenly make this 180 and only place it ONLY on the website?

Hmmm, oh well.
We've been run down every hill.  Chased up all the dead end streets.  But if you try to cut us out, you'll get a kick in the teeth!

There's only two ways this can end, and in both of them, you die.

[img]http://www.ultinomicon.com/images/ultbigbanner.jpg[/i

Offline Kei'Ariq

• Ancient
  • Ariq rides again
    • Wych Cult of Spank Me!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2002, 05:04:49 AM »
It may be on the GW website, but it's not in either of the places that would make it official: In a White Dwarf or in a rulebook.

Hell, even go look at the Chapter Approved book under the Eldar Q&A.  It even has it right there that you CAN use it, so why did they suddenly make this 180 and only place it ONLY on the website?
The latest lot of Q&As are on the GW website in a section called "Chapter Approved". I am not sure as to whether this is supposed to be a recommended set of rules clarifications or has the same standing as White Dwarf or rulebooks.

I guess they must have simply changed their minds about whether the power was balanced. There are a number of other complete reversals as well. I would recommend having a look.

Offline LehmanRuss

• Has a Custom Title
  • Hey, you mess with the Bull, you get the Horns.
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2002, 08:58:03 AM »
The latest lot of Q&As are on the GW website in a section called "Chapter Approved". I am not sure as to whether this is supposed to be a recommended set of rules clarifications or has the same standing as White Dwarf or rulebooks.

I guess they must have simply changed their minds about whether the power was balanced. There are a number of other complete reversals as well. I would recommend having a look.

I did look, about a month ago, and saw a ton of glaring errors in it.  As I said way back then, until they're in a White Dwarf or a rulebook, I will not use them nor will anyone else enforce them on me.

GW has always said it themselves whenever you ask their Rulzboys a question, "Rules are only official if in a White Dwarf or rulebook."
We've been run down every hill.  Chased up all the dead end streets.  But if you try to cut us out, you'll get a kick in the teeth!

There's only two ways this can end, and in both of them, you die.

[img]http://www.ultinomicon.com/images/ultbigbanner.jpg[/i