News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What should I buy?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Bloodhunter

What should I buy?
« on: July 22, 2002, 05:53:28 PM »
I´m building a Ultramarine army, I already have:

1 Tactical Squad (10 men)
1 Scouts Squad (2 with shotgun, 2 with sniper rifle, 3 with boltgun & ccw)
1 Rhino
1 Land Raider
5 Terminators & 1 Captain with terminator armour.

What should I buy to make a competitive army?

Thank you for your help.

Offline Lord Argroth

• Death to the withered old man on the golden toilet
Re:What should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 06:20:58 PM »
I would say 1 or 2 more tactical squads. These guys really rock i starting armies. Play a few games with a minimal force and see what you are missing then do as it says in the Codex and try to get one unit for each of the groups on the Force Organisation Chart ie get an elites, fast attack and heavy support. This will help you create a rounded force.

One thing I never understood is why people say "I'm collecting a 2000 point army." I always just buy something like 3500 points worth and do 1500 point games. I try to buy enough stuff to add some variety to my games as opposed to people who just make a list, buy that list then play that list. I always make a completely new list for each game and I haven't yet made 2 lists that are similar. It makes for a more exciting game that way. Not to have a go at you but I needed somewhere for a very short rant and this was here.
Death to the enemies of Lord Argroth!

Think you can beat the name Lord Argroth?Then please send me a Personal Message with a cool name for a Khorne Lord but one which also fits in with normal Black Legion armies PLEASE!

Yeah but Slaanesh followers aren't real men. I mean who would walk around threatening people with a speaker and a siren? ;)
Quoted from Silverthorn

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 05:06:51 PM »
for a start it would be good to but another tactical squad.  also a bike squad(of your chose).  and maybe another HQ so that you can chop and change each game.

hope that helps   ;)
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Callidus

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 07:34:38 PM »
It also makes for a challenging game if your army is NOT balanced (Ravenwing etc.). Then you will have to improvise with different missions.
Back on the subject....
You definatly need anouther tactical squad or 2, or 3.... They can create support fire, assualt troops and a screne all in one battle. And maybe another Rhino, or a Razorback for some trasnport/support stuff.
That's all I can think of right now.

Offline Bloodhunter

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 05:43:49 AM »
Thank you very much, after reading your advises I'm going for more tactical squad and another HQ. I'm gonna have fun destroying Orks and Tau :)

Offline Kal

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 10:51:09 AM »
Not quite what the post wanted, but can I recommand that you dont buy any Land Speeders for your army in the near future as these are farglie and are difficult to use for even experienced players (I'm not syaing I am one of them!!).

Kal

PS If anyone disagrees with me, Start a new thread and make a proper discussion about it!!

Offline death_kidzzz

• get BENT!!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2002, 10:50:03 PM »
more tact. squads and maybe a dev squad.

Death.
Life is long,
But Death is longer