News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Battalion Boxset x2 List - Fast but anchored - MSU ish - Power Klaw Heavy  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Turork

• Lookin' 4 Dem Dinos..
So as you can see quite a lot of boys, lots of fast Power Klaws and made from 2 battalions.  I guess I could switch storm boyz to lootas, but there is just something I like about the Stormboyz being able to jump the enemy line and get at the softer stuff behind.. and also the notion of being hit by a powerklaw wielding nob currently boosting in on a rocket pack is just hilarious! Falcon Punch! 

Biker Warboss, cybork, Power Klaw 135

20 Shoota boyz, 2 big shootas, Nob - pole, armour, Power Klaw 175

20 Shoota boyz, 2 big shootas, Nob - pole, armour, Power Klaw 175

12 Slugga Boyz, Big Shoota, Nob - pole, armour, Power Klaw 169
TRUKK RAM PLANK

12 Slugga Boyz, Big Shoota, Nob - pole, armour, Power Klaw 169
TRUKK RAM PLANK

6 War Bikes - Nob - Pole, Power Klaw 190

10 Storm Boyz - Nob - pole, armour, Power Klaw 165

The Green Baron 70

Thoughts guys? 

EDIT: Balls I forgot to add in the trukk boyz trukks xD  pretty sure I would have gone for ram and plank but if the points don't work drop the ram/s
« Last Edit: February 1, 2014, 11:58:36 AM by Turork »
"and while it is possible to engage them in CC, as Orks we should try and give them a wide birth."   Jesus bring on that new book! Strike first on the charge would be nice! :P

Offline Ironhide

• To survive war, you've got to become war.
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Chaos Marines
The Green Baron?

Don't think I've heard of him.
Kill For Gain Or Shoot To Maim, We Don't Need A Reason. Iron Maiden "2 Minutes To Midnight"

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
The Green Baron is a single Deffkopta, usually with rokkits and/or a buzzsaw, used as an outflanking missile to take out a high-priority target. Sometimes he works, sometimes he doesn't, but it's always fun  :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Turork

• Lookin' 4 Dem Dinos..
Any advice for the OP? ive been waiting for a while  :)
"and while it is possible to engage them in CC, as Orks we should try and give them a wide birth."   Jesus bring on that new book! Strike first on the charge would be nice! :P

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
My advice is probably starting to sound like a broken record at this point but.

You have a single twin linked rokkit which is capable of hurting an AV12 flier. It is not enough.

The only anti vehicle stuff in your army aside from the baron are your power klaws. Fast vehicles will be able to stay away from most of your klaws and keep shooting you.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Looks like a good list. Love those trucks. 

Your only weakness will be flyers, but at that point level hopefully your opponents wont be bringing too many.

As for anti armor, the trucks with boarding planks will take out dreadnoughts, and the boss and two leader nobs will take out the rest. Yes, against BA tanks you might have a hard time catching them, but that is what the biker boss is for.

You will have to play a few games to get the feel for your army, and after a while you will start to see what works and what doesnt. You might even buy more trucks and then split your 20 boy mobs into truck boys  ;)

My two teef
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Battalion Boxset x2 List - Fast but anchored - MSU ish - Power Klaw Heavy
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 09:03:53 AM »
Switching the storm boys for lootas gives you a decent way to help deal with flyers if you don't want to take one yourself.   They also work great for MC's and to force wounds on anything with a higher toughness.  If you force enough saves it works in your favor, not to mention they have great distance where most ork weapons don't have range.  Definately worth looking over, I always field atleast one squad of them.

They also work pretty decent in cracking a transport and slowing or roadblocking your opponent.  Get them in cover somewhere in which there is a good shooting lane or two.

Offline sitaavanu

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Forgive my foolishness but the orks battle force I can find is 20 boyz, 3 bikers, and 1 truck.

How are you getting the warboss on bike, storm boyz, green baron and extra 24 dudes?