News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warhammer Total War  (Read 25473 times)

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: Warhammer Total War
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2019, 07:53:34 AM »
And for the FLC Lord.... REPANSE DE LYONESSE.

Yeah - didn't see that one coming!

Online Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2019, 08:43:42 PM »
Man, all of those people who made the lore threads and requests on Repanse are going to freak out ;D!

I believe this means that the next lord pack early next year will be High Elves vs. Greenskins!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2019, 05:21:33 AM »
Yeah, that was way out of left field. I'm okay with it, though, even if her model isn't exactly super-exciting (she's basically a Questing Knight).

Someone from CA made a comment on Reddit, I think, that they don't really care about timeline issues, and that TWW is more like the "SmashBros." of warhammer. Anyone from the past could be implemented. Not sure how I feel about that, but as long as they don't start adding stuff like Sigmar or Aenarion or whatever, It'll probably be good.

And one can only hope for the Grim & the Grom!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2019, 12:16:14 PM »
The Golden Order is very impressive.  That yellow is something to behold on the battlefield.  The changes to the way in which the Empire works are really good in my opinion and make for a much more politically dynamic and engaging experience.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2019, 06:41:07 PM »
The new Empire fealty and authority mechanics are pretty great. I tried a run as Karl Franz. Trying to unite the Empire isn't easy!
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2020, 04:38:58 PM »
I have played Warhammer Total war for quite some time but have moved on to the second part by now. Great game, though there are A LOT of DLCs. I think my favourite factions have been Woodies (no surprise there i guess, there is just something fun about a Waywatcher/hawkrider Army led by a highborn on dragon) Vampires (full monster army, though id like to try an infantry style at some point)and chaos (well basically everything, also Deathbringers blow up some serious amphetamine parrot!)

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2020, 04:58:42 PM »
I'm still dabbling with my Golden Order Empire game.  It has become a bit easier as I have continued to develop my understanding of how best to influence fealty.  Obtaining a coalition with Averland was pretty straightforward and maintaining peace with most provinces seems to be going according to plan.  Chaos has yet to arrive though, so I am waiting to see how this will affect things.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Blazinghand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2020, 04:22:52 AM »
I've found that since the empire rework, the chaos invasion feels a little weak unless it's the End Times one. Often the nothern provinces stop it no problem. I hope Chaos invasions get buffed!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2020, 07:40:23 PM »
On the forums, the post-Empire DLC situation of the map is called "the Ordertide", since the Order factions (Empire, Dwarfs, High Elves, mostly) tend to work too well together and ally and confederate a bit too cleanly. It's a major gripe of many.

The hope is that the upcoming DLC will rectify the situation.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2020, 09:15:07 PM »
And the new DLC has been announced! A couple of days ago, actually, but I forgot to post it here.

It's a classic grudgematch: Eltharion the Grom versus Grom the Paunch!

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 / The Warden & the Paunch Trailer - YouTube

It also features Imrik of Caledor as an FLC Lord for the High Elves, and perhaps more importantly, it has an extensive rework for the Greenskins, hopefully lifting them from WH1 negligence up on par with the more polished races. :) Oh, and you can play Greenskins in the Vortex campaign for the first time now as well, just like how Markus Wulfhart allowed that for Empire.

Offline Blazinghand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2020, 09:58:44 PM »
I watched a couple reviews and it looks like the completely reworked Orks to be on par with the WH2 races, giving them a scrap mechanic to upgrade armor and weapons on units, as well as fixing the Waaaugh mechanic so that it actually helps out your armies, and provides faction-wide buffs. New tech tree, too. Looks very promising to me.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2020, 10:12:35 PM »
Yup!

There's usually a kind of honeymoon phase where everyone is stoked about the reworks, and then later complaints start coming up. But I'm looking forward to trying them out again. :D

Online Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2020, 08:59:15 AM »
I am super excited about all of the changes!

Actually hoped into a Crone Hellebron campaign just to start warming up again.

It'd be nice to see some of the OG lords revised to grant them more unique campaign mechanics, but oh well.

Anyone else notice that Eltharion is basically Henry Cavil >.<?

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2020, 09:11:51 AM »
Anyone else notice that Eltharion is basically Henry Cavil >.<?

Damn! You're right.  :o

That's pretty neat.  ;D

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2020, 10:51:56 PM »
So, the details about Imrik's campaign has been released, and it seems like he'll be the most elaborate FLC Lord so far. A lot of people seem more stoked about him than either Grom or Eltharion. He basically has the monster hunting mechanic of Norsca, but specifically for dragons, and he can get the dragons he defeats as RoRs. He starts away from Caledor and is a different faction, but after a certain number of turns or after he's conquered a certain number of territories, he gets the opportunity to confederate with them.

Pretty cool, overall.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #95 on: September 3, 2020, 09:26:59 AM »
In an unprecedented move, CA announced a Lord Pack for the Wood Elves (this all happened a while back, but I thought I'd mention it here for anyone who's not obsessively visiting the CA forums or reddit like sad, sad me). The reason this is unprecedented is because the Wood Elves are a DLC-race, and there has always been controversy around DLC-for-DLC, which can be seen as effectively nickle-and-diming the customers in an unethical fashion, and conversely, a DLC-for-DLC will further reduce the number of customers who buy it, so might be financially irresponsible from the developers' point of view. On the other hand, people have been craving additional Legendary Lords and starting positions for them for a long while, and most people agree that their campaign mechanics (Amber, lookouts) need a substantive overhaul, as it's aged quite poorly in comparison to many other races. They don't necessarily need that much in the way of new units, as they are a pretty well-designed race, but it's not like people would be sad to see some interesting new Wood Elf units too.

Anyway, CA has evidently given their business model and hopefully the ethics a good think, so we've been given the announcement, and the picture diagram below:

https://content.totalwar.com/total-war/com.totalwar.www2019/uploads/2020/07/11113250/WH-Development-Update-Blog-JUL-2020-Infographic-v2.1-1024x576.jpg

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #96 on: February 3, 2021, 10:27:50 AM »
HYPE.

Total War: WARHAMMER III Announce Trailer - Conquer Your Daemons | Coming 2021 -

I'm not going to say anything else, in order to not spoil anything.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #97 on: February 3, 2021, 11:02:47 AM »
Also a teaser for the new miniatures game Warhammer: The Old World too.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2021, 08:45:42 AM »
Just started playing warhammer total war 1, due to the free steam code in my last issue of White Dwarf (one of the best things which came out of having a subscription!).

Pretty fun, but very very hard. The game punishes you for any mistake. Playing ATM as the Crooked Moon, as I am a Gloomspite Gitz player, and love my grots. Skarsnik is a total beast, and has single handedly won me battles. Played a few battles where I am heavily outnumbered and he just chews through everything. Each game he gets like 60+ kills.

Playing wayyy too much.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Online Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2021, 09:13:46 AM »
I've so many hours in Total War Warhammer series it's ridiculous. Glad you're enjoying the game! I'm especially excited for Warhammer III. When that trialer dropped I was like  :o!