News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Da Shok Atak gun  (Read 1293 times)

Offline warmaster1743

• I *LOVE* 40k Online! (and plasma)
  • Armies: The Hammer Of The Emperor
Da Shok Atak gun
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
I usually post in imperial guard but i have always wondered, If you roll a 12 on its strength, will it insta-kill T6? If 12, you only need a 3+ to penetrate AV14, and auto penetrates AV 12 and below? Thanks
My Plasma Sponsons!!!!

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
Re: Da Shok Atak gun
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 11:36:59 AM »
The Shokk Attack gun has special rules. If you roll a double 6 for the Strength (iirc), everything under the template dies. No saves, no rolls, nothing. Dead. Toughness is irrelevant.
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 01:49:23 PM »
The Shokk Attack Gun (commonly referred to as a SAG) has a slew of special rules that take precedence over the randomized strength when you roll a double or above 10.  If you are really interested I would suggest taking a look at it on page 35 of the Ork Codex next time you have a chance to take a glance at it.

As a side note, while there is a lot of in fluff friction between the Imperial Guard and the Orks, there is also instances from early editions of the game where Orks (typically of the Blood Axe clan which largely influenced by the IG) were hired by local Imperial PDF's and Governors to bolster their defenses, something that due to 6th Edition's Ally Matrix can yet again be done on the tabletop (ref page 112-113 of the BRB).

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline warmaster1743

• I *LOVE* 40k Online! (and plasma)
  • Armies: The Hammer Of The Emperor
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 05:07:03 AM »
Hmmm... Double 6s kills anything.... allies.... I will look into the SAG. Thanks
My Plasma Sponsons!!!!