News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Raven Guard Chapter Tactics  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
Raven Guard Chapter Tactics
« on: May 15, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »
I have a question about the Raven Guard Chapter Tactics. As I read it, they can move in both the movement phase and in the assault phase. Does this mean they get a 12" move in both phases? Also can they charge if they move in the assault phase?

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Raven Guard Chapter Tactics
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 03:05:33 PM »
Not quite.  Raven Guard can use their jump packs in both phases.  Normally what will happen with a Jump Pack unit is that you can either choose to move as Jump Infantry and assault as Infantry, or move as Infantry and assault as Jump Infantry.  The Raven Guard are allowed to move and assault as Jump Infantry.

You'd have to check out the unit type of Jump Infantry in the BRB to see what that means for both movement and assault.  I'd give an exact page reference, but my rulebook is packed in my army case right now.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 03:21:16 PM »
Ok, so I can move as jump then assault with jump packs while benefiting from Chapter Tactics?

Removed description of rules.  --- GML
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:14:31 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 04:15:22 PM »
Yes.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...