News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ★ The Japan/Anime/Manga Club ~ 日本国 Nihon-kokuKAI ★™  (Read 171746 times)

Offline AzumiChan

• ~Nyo Futanari Nyo~
  • φ(*⌒▽⌒)ノ生中いっちょー!!
  • Armies: Crons
★ The Japan/Anime/Manga Club ~ 日本国 Nihon-kokuKAI ★™
~NOW CELEBRATING 2 YEARS OF DEFILING THE 40KO FORUMS!~
Updated 2007-08-21; 19:05
Directed and Dictated by AZUMiCHAN ~ Your very own PARAPARAxQUEEN of 40KO!

Legal Stuff:
Please note that downloading licensed anime, musik and manga is a crime. We don't want anything to do with this since 40ko is a private site we would only be getting Rain in a world of amphetamine parrot. And nobody wants that. Therefore, until further notice, keep this club free from torrent links and such.
Furthermore, NO hentai images or hardcore stuff of any kind. Soft yaoi/yuri/ecchi would on the other hand be acceptable. Until someone higher up says different. And offcourse all the other rules of 40ko and the tavern still applies. Other than that, happy posting!

Introduction and Historical Perspective:
So what is this crap you might ask? Simply put, the center of anime, manga, and all things japan (food, culture, music .. you name it) and this is where we all gather and try to look cool (; The fine history of the japan/anime/manga club dates back to the dark age of 2005 when seagulls roamed the earth and 40kO was the only refuge for humankind. Through extreme willpower and a good dose of kawaii-ness we managed to survive to this day. And to commemorate that day I have now resurrected and reformed the japan/anime/manga club and we are now seeking individuals with strong charisma and a happy way of life to join our ranks! For those with an itch for historical texts the original club can be found right here, much like stepping in to the dark library. Many historical text to be found for those who look long and deep enough. Beware of the beholders watching the final gates to the big room of ungodly hentai!

Anything Asian Goes!:
As the headline states, anything asian goes. Be it anime, manga, j-culture, asian music or languages. Now that I've made that clear feel free to join and take part of our vast knowledge. For specific questions concerning the japanese language please PM me and I'll give you an answer as soon as I can. At the bottom of this post you can find a quick summary of some short useful japanese words and links to websites.
Also, I'm looking for people who feel that they are (if not fluent) then at least adequately equipped to answer question regarding asian languages. If you feel up to the task please PM moi. All help is appriciated.

Translations & PC Language Support:
Yes we can, at least as long as it's in japanese and since I only possess a modest amount of skill to do so, nothing all too advanced onegaishimasu. Again, just post here or PM me for translations and I'll do my best to carry them out according to grammar and all that. I have some oracles in my hood to ask if all else fails. Hopefully we'll get some chinese/korean translators here too. But for now, only japanese!
Furthermore, there are japanese characters and signs in this thread and that requires support for asian languages to be installed on your computer. Otherwise they will just show up as boxes. To install, simply go to your controlpanel->language settings->languages->"install support for asian languages". After that you should be good to go.
Again, if you're having problems just ask someone here in the club.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:17:10 PM by AZUMiCHAN »
2005 forum award winner prices:
Oddball-Strangest Member: Azumi-chan
Nicest Member: Azumi-chan
Best Looking Member: Azumi-chan

Offline Moonsinger

• The Cause of Priapism | Meanie!
  • Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
Re: ★ The Japan/Anime/Manga Club ~ 日本国 Nihon-kokuKAI ★™
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 12:51:22 PM »
I sign up!
Dwarf Females <3
Priapism is considered a medical emergency, which should receive proper treatment by qualified medical people

Offline AzumiChan

• ~Nyo Futanari Nyo~
  • φ(*⌒▽⌒)ノ生中いっちょー!!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 01:23:02 PM »
Back in the club I see (;
So any animes in particular you're into right now? :3

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 01:32:50 PM »
Might as well, not much else to do. :P Currently watching things like Lucky Star, Higurashi naku koro ni kai and many others.

Offline AzumiChan

• ~Nyo Futanari Nyo~
  • φ(*⌒▽⌒)ノ生中いっちょー!!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »
Oh I just can't get enough of that crazy-ass intro of Lucky Star. The anime itself reminds me a lot of Azumanga Daioh. The story (or lack of it) is basically the same, and the whole anime just circulating around everyday life.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdERUrLvIW4

Just gotta love it <3333

Offline Kojiro

• Battles are not won on strength alone
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 02:07:09 PM »
We are reviving this.  Wow. I really should start coming more often.  Anyway, let start it off.  WHAT ANIMES ARE YOU WATCHING

Here is my list:
Lucky Star (All hail Aya Hirano)
Seto no Hanayome
Zetsubou Sensei
Kaze no Stigma
LoGH

COntinue

Offline AzumiChan

• ~Nyo Futanari Nyo~
  • φ(*⌒▽⌒)ノ生中いっちょー!!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
We are reviving this.  Wow. I really should start coming more often.  Anyway, let start it off.  WHAT ANIMES ARE YOU WATCHING

Yes we are, I just made my return and since I apparently was the craziest jap-wannabe person around here I saw it fit to revive this. After some mod-deliberation ofc! So I guess I should sign you up too then Kojiro? :3
My list of animes atm isn't all that long, my darn xbox eats up my spare time. Curse you Forza2! .. and GGXXAC too.

Anyway here it goes:

Kaze no Stigma (dropped atm)
Naruto (as always, even though the anime sucks bullcrap from a dead donkeys butt)
Lucky Star (from time to time)
Fruits Basket (thought that it was about time I watched the darn thing)

Offline Moonsinger

• Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 02:43:52 PM »
Only Code Geass currently, some Lucky Star.
Dwarf Females <3
Priapism is considered a medical emergency, which should receive proper treatment by qualified medical people

Offline Kojiro

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 02:46:55 PM »
Lol, so far it seems I am the only person of japanese descent here on the site ne.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention.  I am currently reading one screwed up manga my girlfriend gave me.

Yubisaki milk Tea. 

Offline AzumiChan

• ~Nyo Futanari Nyo~
  • φ(*⌒▽⌒)ノ生中いっちょー!!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 02:52:05 PM »
Never heard of it, what is it about? I just got notice that the 4th yotsuba&! finally is released outside japan!

Offline Kojiro

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 02:53:40 PM »
My best answer is to wiki it. 

Offline pepsi

• Spammer: Forum Blathermouth
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 03:07:06 PM »
wierd...but then I have seen get backers, if you know who im talking about, youll understand, he has long braids.

Offline Moonsinger

• Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 03:20:34 PM »
Never heard of it, what is it about? I just got notice that the 4th yotsuba&! finally is released outside japan!
Code Geass?
Short story:
Britiannia (UK) has taken over the world more or less. In Japan lives an exiled prince of Britannia (who everyone think is dead) and has dreams about breaking it apart. He recives the power to controll other people from a mysterious girl called C.C. It is a Mecha actualy, though it has a more human side to it. Lots of drama, ass, boobs, guns, boys, mecha... what more does and anime need?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 03:22:49 PM by Moonsinger »
Dwarf Females <3

Offline wper34

• Echo! Echo! Echo! Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What? ~nyo
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »
Sign me up! You know I would say this...

Code Geass?
Short story:
Britiannia (UK) has taken over the world more or less. In Japan lives an exiled prince of Britannia (who everyone think is dead) and has dreams about breaking it apart. He recives the power to controll other people from a mysterious girl called C.C. It is a Mecha actualy, though it has a more human side to it. Lots of drama, ass, boobs, guns, boys, mecha... what more does and anime need?

Uhh... Actually, it is more of an alternative history when there was a war between 2 groups in America (Reference: North VS South or something along the line of Democrats VS Aristrocrats), and it happened that the Aristrocrats won the war. Eventually, they started to expand their invasion on all around the world.

So it could probably be said that Britiannia (Despite the name of this nation) is technically America more or less.

Anyhow, I will be back with a list of anime I am currently watching. Too many to list out. (Or more like I need to check which ones I am actually watching. :P)

~nyo

Sentinel Commander of 34th Neros Regiment
My Army Principle: 1. Quantity 2. Quality 3. Variety
Anime Mecha Vocaloid (And Neko) Lover ~nyo

Hymirl... I think you'd better start eating reading the rulebook. :P

Offline Naikee

• Wych
  • Dear, dear..
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 03:47:34 PM »
i sign up!

currently watching: bleach, naruto, full metal alchemist and claymore

just finished reading death note and starting buso reykin

"Death is my meat, terror my wine."

Current w/d/l with my Slaanesh HOC: 3/1/0
last game against vampire counts 2500

Offline Moonsinger

• Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 04:17:43 PM »
So it could probably be said that Britiannia (Despite the name of this nation) is technically America more or less.

Anyhow, I will be back with a list of anime I am currently watching. Too many to list out. (Or more like I need to check which ones I am actually watching. :P)

~nyo
Though here it is Britan not US... tsk tsk.
Dwarf Females <3

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
Get me in! Tough I do not watch anime like I used to, I'm still getting trough some from time to time.
   Which mean that when I get on it I can go through a full 26 eps within a week but that's now a rare thing with the kids and all. I mean, who want to watch Gantz! with children looking from behind your back?
   It sound a bit like: Eyes wide and looking worried:''Daddy, why did the missus get hurt?'' [Hurriedly shuting down the TV] See what I mean...

I'm actually looking Vandread, and getting into Cowboy Bebop (again, I just love this show). The next will probably be Death Note.

Anyone also waiting for the Karas final eps to show up?

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline AzumiChan

• ~Nyo Futanari Nyo~
  • φ(*⌒▽⌒)ノ生中いっちょー!!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
A welcome to all new recruits!, I've signed up the lot of you!

Anyone also waiting for the Karas final eps to show up?

I've just watched the first part on DVD, how many episodes in total are planned. Two or three?

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
  • Greased and good to go.
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 06:32:12 PM »
Azumanga Daioh, Death Note, Gurren Lagann.

About to go to the first comic book store of my life tomorrow to pick up the first volume of Berserk. I knew it was a slippery slope getting back into 40k last Autumn, going from out almost every night to staying in on a Saturday watching Azumanga.

God, I hate myself.

I'll never stoop so low as to watch LS though.
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline Sexy Rei

• God i will give my soul away for another NGE movie
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 09:34:59 PM »
sure what the hell ill join up
God I love Neon Genesis Evangelion and anything in it except for Shinji he can rot in Hell.