News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Ironhide

• To survive war, you've got to become war.
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Chaos Marines
Hi
« on: December 31, 2013, 02:31:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I first got into Warhammer when I was at school, I had some Space Marines and High Elves back in the day, but then after leaving school, and everyone we used to game with moving on, I stopped for a while, but then my brother and I started 40k again a couple of years ago, with the Black Reach game.

I play (not as often as I'd like) 40k, and have 2 armies for 40k, some Dark Angels and some Chaos Marines.

I'm also thinking of starting some Necrons and also a 2nd Space Marine Chapter, though I can't decide on either Iron Hands, Howling Griffons, Raven Guard or doing my own Chapter.

I have also just started a Wood Elf army for Warhammer Fantasy, my first Fantasy army (since my school daze).
Kill For Gain Or Shoot To Maim, We Don't Need A Reason. Iron Maiden "2 Minutes To Midnight"

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 02:50:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Ironhide! This site is a pretty good resource for all things 40K, and we always like new members!

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 03:13:51 PM »
Hey. :)
It's a common theme around here:
Start 40k as a boy.
Play 40k until suddenly you notice girls.
Play with girls until you suddenly notice that the two hobbies are not mutually exclusive.
Win.

Offline starstrider

• Ork Boy
  • Armies: Sisters of Battle, Order of the Sacred Rose
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »
Hey, welcome.

You should totally do howling griffons, I love their color scheme. I always wanted to do that chapter and even started with a squad or two, before deciding i just didn't have the room (or money) for more. But if I did, I'd jump all over them. The fluff on them is fairly limited too, as best I remember. So while it's not quite the same as creating your own chapter, you still have a lot of room for creative thinking with them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:06:58 PM by starstrider »

Offline Ironhide

« Reply #4 on: January 2, 2014, 07:07:48 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I love the Howling Griffons colour scheme, though I can't find transfers for them anywhere on Games Workshop or Forge World websites and sadly, I am not yet good enough to paint their Chapter symbol freehand, so I will have to leave them until my painting skills have improved.

However, the idea of creating my own Chapter is greatly appealing and I am strongly considering doing a successor to the Iron Hands Chapter.
Kill For Gain Or Shoot To Maim, We Don't Need A Reason. Iron Maiden "2 Minutes To Midnight"

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: January 2, 2014, 07:08:56 AM »
Hi Ironhide & welcome to the forum. Will you be posting any of your models in the painting Board? Oh and given your user name may I just add. Transformers, transform and roll out. You are named after that Ironhide right?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Ironhide

« Reply #6 on: January 2, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »
Indeed I did use the name Ironhide from Transformers, as Optimus was already taken. Thanks for the "Roll Out".

Sadly I do not have a pc at home (I'm staying at Mum's at the mo, over Xmas and new Year) I mainly use library pcs for my internetting, so probably won't be posting pics of my models I'm afraid.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: January 3, 2014, 07:48:11 AM »
I love the Howling Griffons colour scheme, though I can't find transfers for them anywhere on Games Workshop or Forge World websites and sadly, I am not yet good enough to paint their Chapter symbol freehand, so I will have to leave them until my painting skills have improved.

Not sure if this is helpful but Bell of Lost Souls (credit to Larry Vela) offered a download that enabled people to print their own Howling Griffons Chapter symbol onto decal paper. Here is a link to the decal download and here is a link to the BoLS article.

Sorry to hear about your lack of internet access, that's a real bugger nowadays. On the plus side at least you are at your Mum's and don't have to do any cooking, cleaning, making beds....  ;)
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline Ironhide

« Reply #8 on: January 3, 2014, 09:27:14 AM »
Thanks for the HG transfers.

Mum's got MS, so I actually end up doing a fair bit for her.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: January 3, 2014, 09:37:18 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I hope you didn't find my remark too insensitive. Kudos to you for taking the time to look after your mum.

Offline Ironhide

« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2014, 05:16:47 PM »
No mate, I didn't find your comment insensitive, you didn't know. Thanks, I do try to get over when I can.