News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: necrons vs Tau  (Read 811 times)

Offline 32234356444

• Spammer: Forum stutter
necrons vs Tau
« on: June 30, 2005, 09:06:05 AM »
Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to fight necrons with tau.We are both using the 2 battleforces with nothing added.Although he might take some of the things out of his force to make the points equal.

Offline Tokugawa

• I'm a llama!
Re: necrons vs Tau
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 10:04:23 AM »
I am a TAU-player myself and my number one advice is to take out his crisis suits as fast as you can, they are the ones that will punch holes in your line. However, this is often quite difficult because of their jump-shoot-jump movements. Try to force him out of cover and when you can lay some fire down on them they shouldn't be to hard to kill. Another good idea is to swamp them with scarabs. Turbo-boost them inte some cover and then charge. A big squad will probably kill the suits but even if they don't you will lock them up for several turns.

Another thing to look out for is big kroot squads. If he charges you with 20 kroot he will get 60 st 4 attacks, and that can hurt even your big warrior squads. However the kroot are easy to deal with if they are out in the open, since the go down real easy to normal gaussrifle fire.

Your destroyers are your biggest asset, they can kill tons of firewarriors and anything else he can throw at you, but try to keep them close to your main force since they are easy to kill if they get isolated. 

Keep moving your warriors forward all the time without hugging to much cover. They will draw a lot of fire away from your more fragile and tacticaly important units.

Hope it helps

/Tokugawa

Offline Tokugawa

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 10:16:51 AM »
When I reread your post I realised that you are the one playing TAU.

Or are you....?

If you are playing TAU just try make him to do everything I told you not to.
Try to lure his destroyers away from his main force and kill them with massed pluse or plasma fire.
And look out for those scarabs, kill them as fast as you can.
Ignore his warriors in the begining the are so slow that you don't have to worry about them for the first couple of turns. Take care of his fast moving units.

Offline 32234356444

• Spammer: Forum stutter
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 10:24:01 AM »
Lol im the tau player lol.
Any way well i could show him that info and find a way to counter it.well thanks for the help.

Offline Metamorphic

• Dark Eldar to Necrons to Dark Eldar
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 01:20:35 PM »
pssssstttt put it on the tau forum next time  ;)
my only advice is try to split them up as much as possible it doesnt matter bout close combat cause both armies suck at it
seeing her soaking wet from the splash of the car knowing see is crying but not being able to prove it to her myself or  anybody but most of all the fact she can let it out to never let it out so she will be strong until at where she sits crying crying for love for hope for happiness.....

Offline Mon_Keigh

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 03:31:30 PM »
 ;D You weak dying race of TAU will be harvested! There is NO HOPE for you........

RESISTENCE IS FUTILE!  ::)