News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necron GT army idea  (Read 1278 times)

Offline 1000 sons

• Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of Ways
Necron GT army idea
« on: March 19, 2003, 11:48:58 PM »
 A 1850pt necron army, with 2 monoliths, heaps of warriors, and two Lords with rez orb, all lumped into a phallanx. What do you guys think? I was thinking of possibly dropping some warriors to make room for some immortals. Any help would be nice.
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
Re:Necron GT army idea
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 01:52:18 AM »
If you're just using Warriors, then yes you should drop some to make room for Immortals, or possibly Destroyers.  

You'll find while they're really hard to kill, you might have some issues dealing out pain.  Warriors absolutely suck at mobile firepower, something that Immortals and Destroyers are absolutely GOD at.  Plus AP5 doesn't always cut it, especially against those Firewarriors/Aspect warriors.  IMHO anyway.

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline Dangonblane

• Master of Sanctity
  • Ancient
  • Templar since '98
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 06:56:57 AM »
Destroyers will also give you some flexibility at tourneys - particularly in Cleanse, Take & Hold etc... where a fast moving unit is invaluable.

Offline Saturnman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 12:52:41 PM »
Using  many destroyers is a great tactic..the fact that your warriors shield them and their massive firepower is devastating.