News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 Point Death Skulls, Need Advice  (Read 695 times)

Offline trhart8022

1000 Point Death Skulls, Need Advice
« on: February 8, 2008, 03:18:04 PM »
Hey everyone I have a 1000 point Death Skulls list let me know what you think. Also if anyone knows where I could find a painting guide for death skulls it would be appreciated. The armies I mostly play are a shooty chaos army, eldar, and tyranids. At this point I don't own any models so feel free to change the list. Thanks for all the help.

HQ
Big Mek - Shok Attack Gun 95
Big Mek - Kustom Force Field 85

Elites
Lootas - 5 lootas 75
Lootas - 5 lootas 75

Troops
Ork Boyz – 19 Shoota Boyz, x2 Big Shootas, 1 Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole 170
Ork Boyz – 19 Shoota Boyz, x2 Big Shootas, 1 Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole 170
Ork Boyz – 10 Slugga Boyz, 1 Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole 106
Trukk – Stick Bomb Chukkas 40

Fast Attack
Deff Koptas – 2 Koptas with Rocket Launchers 90
Deff Koptas - 2 Koptas with Rocket Launchers 90
Total - 996

So I have 4 points left over if anyone can think of anything let me know.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2008, 07:23:19 PM by trhart8022 »

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: 1000 Point Death Skulls, Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2008, 03:34:07 PM »
Split those koptas into two squads, so that excess enemy fire is wasted and so that, should one pair get lucky, the other pair can shoot a different target. It also gives you more options for locking up enemy units.

It looks like it'd work on paper; playtest it a bit and see how well it performs before committing to a purchase. Nice trukk boy squad, btw - very economical. The force field will do the rest of your units quite nicely; I've found numbers count a lot more when you get some kind of cover save, and the last thing the boys want to do is wade through difficult terrain.

Offline trhart8022

« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »
I split the Deff Koptas into 2 squads like you said but I only have one concern, How effective are orks in close combat with tyranids. I am not very experienced fighting them and any help is welcome.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #3 on: February 8, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »
You will go slower than them, they will hurt you a lot, and maybe you attack back and hurt them statistically more but you'll have less orks doing it. The best is if you have vehicles you can fire out of, which really bones the nids big time. Barring that, soften each unit up a lot before assaulting, and never charge genestealers if at all possible, they will own you six ways to Sunday.

Feel No Pain can be quite a powerful upgrade vs everything short of carnifexes. The big creatures are actually the safest for you to charge as they will never kill enough boys to mitigate the nob's power klaw.

Offline trhart8022

« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »
I was looking at the Big Mek entry and maybe I should replace the Warboss with a Big Mek with Shok Attack Gun. It costs the same amount of points as the warboss and I think it would be more effective against tryanids. Let me know what you think.

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #5 on: February 9, 2008, 07:01:07 PM »
It definitely fits the force better; more stolen stuff needs more meks to keep it runnin'.