News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,000pt. Harlequin force  (Read 1446 times)

Offline The New Guy

• cause harlies are so much cooler than grey knights
1,000pt. Harlequin force
« on: September 6, 2003, 09:12:46 PM »
I've been playing biel-tan for a while now, and I like the ides of a fast, hard hitting force. Eventually, I explored all the regions of this force, and am now looking for something else. Harlequins seemed like the next logical step and sound like a lot of fun. I've cleared it with the local GW store as long as I use the codex on the internet by Gav Thorpe (that means no mimes, wraithlords, or looted vehicles). I need a 1,000pt. force and am thinking of this:

Shadow seer, harlequin's kiss, neuro-disruptor

3x DJs, brightlance

9x harlequins, harlequin's kiss, power weapon, plasma pistol, fusion pistol
harlequin troupe leader, bio ammo, s.pistol, harlequin's kiss

9x harlequins, harlequin's kiss, power weapon, plasma pistol, fusion pistol
harlequin troupe leader, bio ammo, s.pistol, harlequin's kiss

This runs me up at 875pts. and I am at a loss for what to use for the last 125pts. Any suggestions?

p.s. Any conversion tips would be appreciated too.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2003, 02:06:18 PM by The New Guy »
If you try to fail and you succeed, what have you done? Is a glass half full or half empty? Why is abbreviation such a long word? Why is 69 the same up or down? If a tree falls in the woods, and it lands on a geek, does anyone care? Are black holes where god divided by zero? If you went back in time and killed your grandfather before he had your father, what would happen? Why do I ask so many rhetorical questions?

Offline Zodan

• My Site
Re:1,000pt. Harlequin force
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2003, 09:29:14 PM »
Hmm, I would probably take off a couple Harlequins and use the points to buy I souped up Solitaire.

Offline Dark Flame

• I messed with the wrong farseers AGAIN, yet somehow became an unactive Mod
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: September 6, 2003, 10:16:12 PM »
  Hmmm... lets see..  Drop all the pistols and bio-ammo, as you should always be FoFing instead.  That will free up 46 points.  Then drop the Neuro disruptor from the Shadowseer, and give him a shuriken pistol, powerblades, and a D-Field.  After taking away the cost of the Neuro Disruptor you will use up 21 points.  This will leave you with 25 points to spare, plus the 125 you already had to spare.
  This makes a good 850 point list, and to bring it up to 1k, I would add a Solitaire with a shuriken pistol, Kiss, Powerblades, and D-Field.  With the 9 points reamaining add tangle foot grenades to both the characters.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2003, 01:40:03 AM »
I would drop squadsizes to make 3x6 instead, and then drop goodies from the squads to afford a Venom with field and fusiongun to run them down the field on.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Von Lazuli

• What happened to my hat?!
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2003, 08:07:12 AM »
I would drop the Troupe leaders, they are good but too costly in 1000 pts.

Then I would follow Rasmus's suggestions and take you squads down to 6 man and mount them in a Venom.

With the Last few points add a few more DJs possibly.

Oh. yeah and for conversion ideas see the "Harlequin conversion guide" thread.
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

Offline The New Guy

« Reply #5 on: September 7, 2003, 02:21:16 PM »
Thanks for the input. :)
I've supped up my Shadow seer with a shrunken pisol, powerblases, a d-field, a rictus mask, and power blades.
Instead of two squads of 10 pumped up Harlequins, I am taking two squads of six and one of five (attacking the shadow seer to this one) in venoms (with a holo-field and fusion gun) with a Harlequin's kiss and a power weapon. I'm keeping the DJs as they are. and totalling this up, it is 1000pts!
« Last Edit: September 7, 2003, 07:21:56 PM by The New Guy »
If you try to fail and you succeed, what have you done? Is a glass half full or half empty? Why is abbreviation such a long word? Why is 69 the same up or down? If a tree falls in the woods, and it lands on a geek, does anyone care? Are black holes where god divided by zero? If you went back in time and killed your grandfather before he had your father, what would happen? Why do I ask so many rhetorical questions?

Offline Alex of Xen

• I've Got That Arcade Feel!
« Reply #6 on: September 7, 2003, 06:09:34 PM »
Sounds like a nice list :)

Archangel Xen

Offline Antyrael

• Arena of Death GM
« Reply #7 on: September 9, 2003, 05:57:20 PM »
definitely drop squad sizes down to 5 or 6, otherwise, b/c of ur harlies awesome combat ability, kills will be wasted(always happens 2 me)  venoms if ya like, actually venoms don't work all that well for me, but they do for others.  otherwise, looks good(i like how u stayed with the basic troupes, they're so but-kicking u almost never need ne-thing else)
Join the 40konline Arena of Death

kaldrin

« Reply #8 on: September 9, 2003, 06:52:56 PM »
Sounds like a nice list :)

Archangel Xen

Yea, it does. :)

Great, now I feel like playing a full army of Harlies...should have never started reading this thread.

Offline The New Guy

« Reply #9 on: September 9, 2003, 09:46:32 PM »
definitely drop squad sizes down to 5 or 6, otherwise, b/c of ur harlies awesome combat ability, kills will be wasted(always happens 2 me)  venoms if ya like, actually venoms don't work all that well for me, but they do for others.  otherwise, looks good(i like how u stayed with the basic troupes, they're so but-kicking u almost never need ne-thing else)

umm...I did...but just in case anyone else missed it, here's the updated list in a clearer (for lack of a better word) format:

1 Shadow Seer-shrunken pisol, powerblases, a d-field, a rictus mask, and a harlequin's kiss

3x DJs-brightlance

6x harlequins-harlequin's kiss, power weapon
venom-fusion gun, holo-field

6x harlequins-harlequin's kiss, power weapon

5x harlequins-harlequin's kiss, power weapon

total: 1,000pts.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 07:18:43 PM by The New Guy »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2003, 04:09:07 AM »
Nasty and fast.
I hope you do well with this, as it is very very small in numbers, but might get the punch you need.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.