News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "I'll be back" after cross-fire  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Logar

• i use quick spit shine on my blade. Do you?
"I'll be back" after cross-fire
« on: January 18, 2004, 01:24:09 PM »
Just to clear a few debats a fellow gamer and i have over necrons and cross-fire,

if a unit of necrons are forced to retreat for any reason
e.g. loss of combat, and suffer cross fire thus wipeing them out, but there is a model within 6" e.g. lord, do they get an I'll be back save or not???

i would be gratful if you cleared this up as it has been the center of many arguments against my fellow gamers.
you laugh at me because im different.

i pitty you because your all the same.

Offline Foxfire

• Necron Lord of 40KO | KoN Veteran
  • Ancient
  • The picture is a werewolf
  • Armies: Necrons and Orks
Re: "I'll be back" after cross-fire
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 01:26:40 PM »
Hmm...I'm a bit fuzzy on the crossfire rule....is there a rule stating that any unit(from any army) could get wiped out due to crossfire? I remember there was something about fading out if caught in crossfire for the old necrons, but in the codex I don't think they held onto it.

Supposing they had, if a unit is phased out its phased out, they can't get back up if they're not there.

Offline Logar

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 01:34:38 PM »
that was the old rules im talking about the new rules, there is no rule stating ( or not to my knowledge ) about i'll be back saves and cross-fire

Offline Inquisitor Daedalus

• The Wicked
  • Ancient
  • God's in his Heaven, all is right in the world
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 03:02:33 PM »
I don't believe the do get there WBB rolls, even if there is another unit within 6". Don't quote me on it, but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere...

If you are unsure, go with what you know. If there is a unit within 6" and the Lord with R Orb, then they can WBB, otherwise, no.
"Every war is fake, every disease false and every famine virtual. The Imperium has become a stagnent pool of heresy and I am here to stir things up."
- Inquisitor Daedalus

Offline Logar

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 08:19:08 AM »
Bit silly really, you would have thought that gamesworkshop would have thought of that in play testing the army list.

cheers for your help anyway

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 07:36:11 PM »
As far as I can remember, which probably isn't quite right.. Necrons don't get their WBB rolls after being crossfired. 

The actual ruling (don't ask me where it is) stated something along the lines of that since the Necrons aren't actually dealt wounds, or have their wounds reduced to 0, they don't get the roll.  They are in effect just erased.  It came from the wording of the WBB rule in the codex; which I don't have handy.  Sorry, that's the best I can do.

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.