News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: (2k Necron) This time, fear the reaper!  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Paladin_Magnus

• Balanced, it's the new cheese.
(2k Necron) This time, fear the reaper!
« on: May 19, 2007, 05:02:13 PM »
Greetings all! Its good to get back on every once and a while.  This is my idea for my standard all takers necron list.  Give me your thorns and roses on it!

"After being abandoned by the god Mephet ran at the edge of the galaxy. Unit NL-04 leads his immortals on a crusade across the galaxy to redeem himself in his master's eyes. Along the way his old, lonely soul will face bloodshed without end. Will the Red Harvest begin and Eye of Isha close for all time? Or will the Ancients finally rest forever . . . "

"The Steel Daemons"
Necron Lord = 200
w/ Staff of Light, Res Orb, Veil of Darkness

8x Immortals = 224

8x Immortals = 224

6x Flayed Ones = 108

10x Warriors = 180

10x Warriors = 180

8x Scarabs = 128
w/ Disruption Fields

8x Scarabs = 128
w/ Disruption Fields

3x Heavy Destroyers = 195

3x Heavy Destroyers = 195

Monolith = 235

Total: 1997

Strategy:
Scarabs, and FO rush forward to cause disruption and mayhem. Meanwhile, warriors hide in cover and hold quarters. Immortals advance or teleport where needed to overwhelm the enemy at specific stress points. Monolith will start in reserve and DS at the best moment to cause maximum damage. The HDs will take out termies and TMCs.

Enemy's I usually fight: Marines (duh), Tyranids, Eldar, possibly guard/orks (not likely)

I intended this to be a solid list to fight anyone. I also tried to use my favorite units in it and not make the army too cheesy.

What do y'all think?

Rate it 1-5 (5 being the best)

regards,
Paladin
"The brave have always defined what the rest of us wish to be. In today's society, Heroes don't exist, its just a word we use to describe what people should do all the time..."

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
Re: (2k Necron) This time, fear the reaper!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:13:09 PM »
Lord - Standard Single Lord, no problems for a circus of death.

Immortals - Assault weapons are great, though they really aren't all that superior to necron warriors, in a static or mobile non-circus of death battle line, they work.

Flayed Ones - I don't think they fit very well with the rest of your force, I suggest deep striking (or infiltrating, I forget which they have) to close the distance quicker, but expect them to die first, and be done, a small squad will mean that if they are killed to a man, they are gone.

Warriors - More warriors is always nice, but if your just sitting back with them and not being at all aggressive, you won't need to worry much about phase out... unless your opponent has indirect anyways.

Scarabs - Always a good choice, though you do have a lot of them, maybe break them down into 3 smaller squads for more manuverbility.

Heavy Destroyers - I've never been convinced of their effectiveness, You need to keep both groups near each other, else they will get wiped out and no WBBs for you. Granted, necron's don't have much choice when it comes to popping Termies or MCs, its still hard to use them. They also don't provide much weight of fire power and will provide little benefit against some armys, including orks and some Nid lists.

Monos - You can never go wrong with a mono, they are a pain in the ass to take down for most armies, and if you DS it right into the middle of a horde army, it will provide some good weight of fire, which I see your list lacking.

The important thing to keep in mind is that you must stay out of combat, even immortals won't stand up to any mid level assault element, and for all the guns are nice, I don't know if your going to have enough fire power to take out hordes, specially if you keep to your plan of hiding your warriors.

Keep the circus of death moving taking out important threats, and shield them with the loveable scarabs and make sure to use your monolith to recall for the rerolled WBBs, any casualties are going to hurt.
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline regf

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:35:04 AM »
I agree with Kie

Too much tied up in those HD's & immortals, not enough warriors

The FO's can both DS AND Infiltrate - Infiltrate usually works best for me

I'd be sticking a squadron of 5 Destroyers in there instead of the HD's

A tomb spyeder or 2 would also extend your WBB range
Dr Octopus & the Scions of Mars
Peri Nunc!
Roga Me Quomodo!

( That's "Die Now! - Ask me How" for the non latin speakers)

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 03:57:12 AM »
I would take the dirsruption fields off the scarabs - keep your meatshields cheap, everything else can kill tanks so these guys don't really need to.
I would also take away 2 heavy destroyers (then split them into two groups of two) plus either a warrior or a immortal to take 4 destroyers- or even just take 3 destroyers and get a few more warriors.

Just my suggestions

Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance