News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 5th 40kOnline tournament in partnership with Bracknell Forest Gamers *PICS*  (Read 40972 times)

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
[EDIT] I thought I would put this here as well so that it was easy to find...

Hey all,

So as promised now that I have finished my exams here is a breakdown of things to come. I will be PMing it around but as I can only send 10 PMs a day it will take me a while. Tell your friends, everyone is welcome and the more the merrier.

The fifth 40k Online tournament will take place on Saturday the 1st September at Harmens Water Community Centre, Ralphs Ride, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 9LP. The Bracknell Forest Gaming club ( http://www.gcnm.org.uk/modules/gcnDB/viewclubdetails.php clubid=73&PHPSESSID=40dfd9560ea317117fa0b845a62de8ec ) have kindly allowed us access to their hall once again for the whole of the Saturday and will provide us with tables, terrain and even fizzy drinks (though the latter will cost you a little!) As such the invitations for the tournament have been extended from members of this site to include members of that club as well as a token of our gratitude. 

The timetable for the day will look something like this (And I will do my best to be on time for once I promise…):
Arrive 8.30am
Initial Briefing
Game One: Recon
Break
Game Two: Cleanse
Lunch
Game Three: Secure and Control
Break
Game Four: Seek and Destroy

As you will notice we are adding an extra round this time. The idea behind this is that it will give a bigger split between player, and it will also allow everyone to get more games in! This does mean we will finish later but hopefully it will still be well before 7. With this in mind however please arrive on time (yes I know pots and kettles…) and try to keep games flowing. Last time went really smoothly, lets keep it like that!

Rules of the tournament
The Warhammer 40,000 Revised Edition rules will be used for this tournament, as will the latest Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents from the Games Workshop website. In all cases the most recent edition of the Codex will be used.

Each player will require an army of 1500 points or less selected using the Standard Force Organisation Chart and fielded as a single detachment. We will be playing four gamma level missions using a victory points system. The first and second rounds will be determined randomly by drawing names from a hat (or similar such container) the third and fourth rounds will be played against the player with the next highest victory points score (i.e. 1st will play 2nd, 3rd will play 4th etc).

•   All models within your armies should conform to “what you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG). In other words, all equipment that can be appropriately shown should be clearly modelled on each miniature. Miniatures do not need to be completely painted this is to accommodate those gamers who simply would not be able to attend if we enforced this rule. However additional points will be awarded for painted armies as follows:
1 point for an entirely undercoated army
2 points for models showing 3 or more colours in an appropriate colour scheme
3 points for models showing 3 or more colours in an appropriate colour scheme and bases with sand or flock
All models in the army must meet the criteria to receive the appropriate level of points. If more than half the number of models in the army meets the criteria half points will be awarded.

•   Equipment, vehicles (including flyers) and units detailed in Forge World’s Imperial Armour publications and chapter approved may be used. Units with Structure Points or Mass Points may NOT be. If a vehicle or unit is described in more than one Forge World publication or Chapter approved document, the most recent version must be used. You must have a copy of any rules you wish to use. Due to the recent update of codex Eldar rules for vehicle upgrades and weapon stats will be taken only from codex Eldar and not from forge world publications. 

•   Special Characters may be taken as listed in the appropriate codex. Normal restrictions for that character apply e.g. if the army must be at least 2000 points to take the character you may not take him in this tournament is for armies of 1500 points or less. You DO NOT need to ask your opponent’s permission.

We will be using the conflict points system for scoring (this will not be changed for anyone OINK!) 3 points will be given for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss, this will be added to the player’s painting score to give a final score out of a maximum 15. Ties will be decided on victory points.

Awards at the end of the day will be:
Best General
2nd place
3rd place
Best Army
Most sporting

Please reply to let me know who thinks they can make it. Tickets will most likely be £5 each though hopefully less if there are more of us (we have to meet a rent of £120)

If you have any questions please, please PM me or email me at leavenickanote@hotmail.com

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Erriond
« Last Edit: September 1, 2007, 04:17:20 PM by Jonik »

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
I am determined to make this one if at all possible. Even if it means bringing my Nids again because my current projects are incomplete. Count me in
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:06:38 AM by Chuckles »
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Granite Slam

• Fio'el Tautica - I See Stupid People...So Many Stupid People...
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Coolest. Dude. Ever.
   As soon as the date is set I'll stick a holiday request in for it - the sooner the better. But i'd love to come down for a second go and this time with a little more planning. ;)

-S
I reserve the right to end any discussion with a big stick.

Quote from: Rummy
Dark Eldar - better than everyone be-atch! The only reason the Dark Eldar haven't toppled the Imperium is that Terra doesn't have valet parking.

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
Well I'm taking a GAP year so there shouldn't be a great deal of trouble...crosses fingers.

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
Its a little bit too early for me to confirm anything, but put me down for a maybe. I'll hopefuly be going to University around September so travelling down south from Newcastle shouldn't too much of a hassle. :)

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
I can't confirm anything now, but my uni terms starts about beginning of october. So early september should be a yes :)
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

• Ancient
Its a little bit too early for me to confirm anything, but put me down for a maybe. I'll hopefuly be going to University around September so travelling down south from Newcastle shouldn't too much of a hassle. :)
Newcastle eh? Is that where you're going for Uni or where you live now?

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
Live there now, but i'll either be going to either Leeds or Leicester for Unversity so i'll be even closer! :D

• Ancient
Newcastle's my firm Uni choice. :D

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
Live there now, but i'll either be going to either Leeds or Leicester for Unversity so i'll be even closer! :D

Well I am in Leeds for Uni for a while yet, pop in for a drink.

Let us call it the 1st of September then so those who need to can book it off from work. Put it in your diarys and don't forget!

Erriond

Offline Elessar Telemnar (gone)

• I've gone, do you miss me yet?
Howdy all
Never been to the tourny before so i'm wondering whether i could go as a spectator?
should be interesting, and a good chance to meet you all.

Telemnar

Offline Naikee

• Wych
  • Dear, dear..
why would you want to spectators ?

it is a very fun day and pretty long so spectating would not be as fun as playing against all those great gamers.

as usual you can count me in  :D

"Death is my meat, terror my wine."

Current w/d/l with my Slaanesh HOC: 3/1/0
last game against vampire counts 2500

Offline Granite Slam

• Fio'el Tautica - I See Stupid People...So Many Stupid People...
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Coolest. Dude. Ever.
it is a very fun day and pretty long so spectating would not be as fun as playing against all those great gamers.

........and the not so great. *ahem* ::)

-S

p.s. I promise to bring my Tau this time. I've started painting them already so with a bit of luck (and barring any strange decisions to dump them in brake fluid again) they should be looking good by then.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:51:41 PM by Sytoru »
I reserve the right to end any discussion with a big stick.

Quote from: Rummy
Dark Eldar - better than everyone be-atch! The only reason the Dark Eldar haven't toppled the Imperium is that Terra doesn't have valet parking.

Offline wellard

• Master Gunner
  • Lazerous Penguin
i'll be there if its the 1st of september

new army aswell by then (hopefully!)

mech/grenadier guard army

jim
They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning.

We will remember them

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
lol...

i almost missed this thread too!
Sept 1st. okilidokili.

now then, at least that gives me a date to which i can construct an army... hopefully even fully painted!  ;)

ive got at least three in the pipe... so i need to pick one and run with it.

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
If its early September I'll be there (finally!) probably use my new Sisters or...

Would it be kosher to use my Cadians with Krieg rules?
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline NaOtama

I'll be there.

Come to play Ellesar, it's not so scary that you need to sit on the sidelines. Trust me, even if you crash and burn it's fun and noone is so rude as to laugh and point at you (to your face. :D

I'm bringing eldar this time though, someone else can provide the novelty.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Don't worry, you won't lose - I'll be there...!
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
novelty! you do realise naotama, that because of you i have taken the plunge and started a sister of battle army! you have a great army... and if only we had discussed the VoT before our game it could have been very different... plus, you suck big time.  :P

Offline Pauk777

• http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/Pauk777/40KObest-army.jpg
Eh... why the hell not - if you make it before the end of Sept - I'll be there.

And I will win. And if I don't win, I'll still look good.

8)

We getting the nefarious Libertine involved?
Leaving 40k for while for greener wood elf pastures.