News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dawn of War II: Retribution update - 13th january  (Read 16051 times)

Offline Blood Hawk

• Armies: Stuff
Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution update - 13th january
« Reply #60 on: March 5, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »
Yea I beat the guard campaign, was actually pretty fun.  Any you guys find yourself using the honor guard?  The only guard one I really liked were the Ogryns, since they were extremely durable.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #61 on: March 5, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
Done with Tyranids and half way through Guard. I am loving the Guard script lines. Very amusing. Much stiff upper lip and commanding from the front. Mainly for the general to increase his trophy rack. "Aim low lads, that one would look good on my wall."
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Gormur

• Epic Box!!
« Reply #62 on: March 5, 2011, 07:24:47 PM »
Just finished the eldar Campaign, it was fun

I basically just spammed Wraithguard in every mission I could get them in
and they utterly Destroy everything they come across be it tanks,infantry or walkers

starting the Guard next they are fun so far
mostly just using the regular inf squads along with the heroes

2 things that bug me are the loading times same as with the previous dawn of war 2 games
and I hate the eldar hero in The last Stand I think they should have swapped the current one for the Autarch or the warlock

Offline High Grandmaster smithmyster666 of the Grey Knights

• Strike from the skies brothers!!!
« Reply #63 on: March 5, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
Just finished the SM campaign and was wowed, and go gabriel you legend! But on another note, I have to wonder what happened to avitus, thaddeus and thule, they aren't even referenced, unless I missed something

Going to start the guard next. Because I loved them in the beta, only reason I did marones first is because I wanted to know how retribution panned out for them. I really hope they continue the story of the blood ravens. They're a chapter that I actually like, of which I can only name 4 others that I actually like.
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: March 5, 2011, 09:12:45 PM »
Just finished the SM campaign and was wowed, and go gabriel you legend! But on another note, I have to wonder what happened to avitus, thaddeus and thule, they aren't even referenced, unless I missed something

Thule is seen in the Chaos Marine campaign. I'm sure you'll understand what happens to Gabriel in all but the Marine campaign as well.  ;)
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

« Reply #65 on: March 6, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »
You mean when he gets pwned by kyras? Yeah that happens in the SM one, but his legendary badassness doesn't end there ;)
I'm dissapointed with the guard campaign so far, it has been totally identical to the marine one, I would have thought that there would have been some variation at least
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline Blood Hawk

« Reply #66 on: March 6, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »
You mean when he gets pwned by kyras? Yeah that happens in the SM one, but his legendary badassness doesn't end there ;)
I'm dissapointed with the guard campaign so far, it has been totally identical to the marine one, I would have thought that there would have been some variation at least
Yea I played through the Guard, Eldar and some of the Nid campaign, all the same missions basically though a little different.  Which sucks but all well it still is a fun campaign though.

Offline orksforthewin

• Orks luv puppies, there low in fat
« Reply #67 on: March 7, 2011, 02:17:53 AM »
I work for a large nationwide gaming company and we just had a huge recall on all dow2 copies. As usual no explantion. Has anybody had any problems with there game?

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #68 on: March 7, 2011, 05:33:21 AM »
hahaha, there was a recall on DOW but not black ops.  why do I find that hilarious?
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Blood Hawk

« Reply #69 on: March 7, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
I work for a large nationwide gaming company and we just had a huge recall on all dow2 copies. As usual no explantion. Has anybody had any problems with there game?
I ordered it off steam, the only issue I have had so far was a error message that kept popping up during one mission, so I just restarted the mission and went it away.  Other than that it plays fine.

« Reply #70 on: March 7, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »
Only problem I've had is it keeps disconnecting from steam, but other than that it runs just as well as the rest.

Had a mega lolz moment with the guard. I maxed out on guardsmen squads and ran at an enemy line that my russes couldn't break. Not only did they smash the line apart, but they didn't lose a single squad member. I was thinking oh yeah, krieg style be-atches 8)

Offline Natinator

• Eldrad - my hero!
« Reply #71 on: March 8, 2011, 05:21:08 AM »
hahaha yeah, I had a similar thing, but it was with only 2 maxed out squads with plasma and a fully equipped Lord General... they couldn't be stopped, cos the general had 2 abiliteies which reduced incoming damage, and by-gosh dd it reduce the damage haha, they just wouldnt go down... I mean they survived 2 strikes from the IG missile battery thing (forgot the name...) and stodd out the front of a base, against the base turrets, and survived for ages
Who is EPIC? Eldrad, that's who!

« Reply #72 on: March 8, 2011, 05:58:05 AM »
I'm going to do the chaos campaign next, it should be different from the others because eliphas has other agendas, but then he is a greedy little sod

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: March 8, 2011, 12:00:57 PM »
Unfortunately, no, it's not that different. Pretty much the same as the others.
Drink
Knights Tippler

« Reply #74 on: March 8, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
Upon finding all of said campaigns to be basically identical I have to say meh to the campaign, I found it really fitted for the marines, but for both the guard and chaos I find the approach to the campaign to be both un-guardlike and un-chaos like. To have seen eliphas side with kyras would have been nice, also to see a grand siege on meridian for the guard would have added so much more.

I'm on last stand now. Hit me up on steam, user name is tomsmithy666

Offline JusticeCetin

• Lieutenant
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2011, 03:33:37 PM »
Does anyone have or can find a list of the army upgrades for lvling in multiplayer?? I know they don't do anything except graphically, but i am leveling up gaurd, and sometimes it doesnt show me.  I am only interested in gaurd, but a link to any place will help. 

Thanks, hit me up on steam for last stand/ladder
aaroncetin is my steam account
Justice is my screen name
6th Edition W/D/L record

IG 8/2/0
BT 0/0/0
Sob 0/0/0

Offline Chosen40k

• Owned
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
Does anyone have or can find a list of the army upgrades for lvling in multiplayer?? I know they don't do anything except graphically, but i am leveling up gaurd, and sometimes it doesnt show me.  I am only interested in gaurd, but a link to any place will help. 

http://dow2.info/rt/Info:Ranks

Finished CSM and SM campaign, now doing Orks and Nids. Very satisfying. I am a single player gamer and this is just AWESOME.

I like how there is amusing wargear.  Found some referencing mods on the DoW II forums and some referring memes and 40k lore. 
On the topic of 40k vs. any other SciFi universe:

Quote from: Albatross_4Sale
the moral of the story, don't beslubber with warhammer 40k its just too overpowered and it is no fun to fight with.
Dawn of War II Unit Voices
Dawn of War II Community