News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help? 2250 Lizardmen army list vs Vampire Counts  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Tarendal

• Just getting back into the game
Help? 2250 Lizardmen army list vs Vampire Counts
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:20:40 PM »
I've got a match coming up and am looking for some advice.  This is going to be my first game of Warhammer in over a decade, and is against a person who plays regularly.  I'd like to give a good showing.

Here's what I know about my opponent.. He plays Vampire Counts.  I watched him play a match recently, and he loves his ghouls.  What he fielded was a horde sized block of ghouls, a unit or two of skeletons, a small unit of mounted wights, a 20 or so strong unit of grave guard.  A vampire lord and 2 other vampires, one tooled up for magic, one for combat.

After the battle, he talked a lot about how awesome the ghouls were in a horde, so I expect to see that popping up again.  I also know he focuses on the raising dead and danse macabre spells.

Revised, again:

Lord
Slann
Battle standard bearer, Focus of mystery (Lore of Light), Focused Rumination, Becalming Cogitation, Cupped hands of the Old Ones

Hero
Skink Priest
Cube of darkness

Saurus Scar-Veteran #1
Hand weapon, light armor, shield

Saurus Scar-Veteran #2
Hand weapon, light armor, shield

Core
Saurus Warriors
24 with full command, hand weapons and shield
Saurus Scar-Veteran #1 with this unit

Saurus Warriors
24 with full command, hand weapons and shield
Saurus Scar-Veteran #2 with this unit

Saurus Warriors
25 with full command, hand weapons and shield

Skinks
12 with javelins and shield

Skinks
12 with javelins and shield

Special
Temple Guard
20 with musician and standard bearer
Slann with this unit

Rare
Salamander
Salamander with extra handler

Salamander
Salamander with extra handler
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 02:22:35 PM by Tarendal »

Offline Lazarus

• Infinity Circuit - The Voice of Reason
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Space Wolves & Imperial Guard
Re: Help? 2250 Lizardmen army list vs Vampire Counts
« Reply #1 on: October 3, 2010, 07:40:25 AM »
I love using the becalming cognitation on my Slaan. Making his top wizard discard his 6's when casting is just awesome. No irrisistable force for them.
"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex

Offline Tarendal

• Just getting back into the game
« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2010, 02:23:43 PM »
Just posted my most recently revised list.  I'm thinking this is probably what I'm going to go with.  I'm a little concerned about straight combat with his vampires, but hopefully will be able to offset it with the magic.

Offline Lazarus

• Infinity Circuit - The Voice of Reason
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Space Wolves & Imperial Guard
« Reply #3 on: October 4, 2010, 06:23:49 AM »
Looks like it could be fun to play with. Let us know how it goes for you.
"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex