News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Welcome all Newcomers!  (Read 177120 times)

Offline Purple Raine

• The Ultra N00bie
  • Administrator
  • Let's put a smile on that face.
    • About Me
Re:newbies
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2002, 03:30:20 PM »
Welcome everyone!

Let's make this the resident NEWBIE thread ... All new members to EO please introduce yourself and feel free to babble on ... =)
Just a fan of this awesome site.

Offline Rommel151

• It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2002, 03:31:13 PM »
Get her drunk and rub her on the belly.

Oh, you mean 40k. Good luck. I've tried like crazy to get mine to play. I bought her two armies of her own and everything.

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2002, 04:44:33 PM »
uhh.ok ive been playing for a yearand a half.  I visited this site when i started playing, and saw that it had been closed down :( i liked the articles, but it was too limited... now ive been on for about 2 months  :-* :)
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Culeagh

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2002, 06:09:07 PM »
I'm not even a newbie! ;)

But that doesn't change the fact that I've been playing this bloody game for a decade (uh, or longer). Does anybody remember the original boxed set of Terminators? How'zabout the Original Harly boxed set? Me and my brother had 'em both.

Offline TheDudester

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2002, 07:44:16 PM »
THE D-MAN HAS ARRIVED!

THE LORD OF DARKNESS COMETH!

I just want to come and share my thoughts with my fellow players.

I bet you are all so glad to have me here............
The Sleeper has awakened! I am the Prince of all Gayans once again!

Offline wolf of melnibone

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2002, 08:10:07 PM »
I just found out about this site today. Kinda good since I started an eldar amry recently.

Offline AiR

• Ancient
  • Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it.
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2002, 10:30:45 PM »
Hey guys!!! I've been on this board when it started.... I've been only playing for one year..  I usually just cruise around the site because I , like some of you don't have a life  :D
Primar edict means only one thing, and everything: cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that over rides that one. Cut"

Offline AllTheWayUlthwe

• &quotGood, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!"
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2002, 11:14:53 AM »
I've been playing 40K since the old Rogue Trader days! I have just recently found this site, and I am glad I did! Nice to see so many other Eldar players out there looking to hone their skills and bring our race back for the brink!
;D :D ;) :)
Cry Havoc!, and let loose the dogs of war!

Offline StrangeAeons

• With Strange Aeons even Death may die...
    • Metatron Graphics
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2002, 11:24:08 AM »
The game is so much more extensive than it ever was in the Primordial Ooze time of Rogue Trader. I hang out with all these monster 5-10 year veteran power players who are all great guys but kind of spoil the fun by making it all about "the best army" and finding all the loopholes in the rules...something you can only do after you've been playing for a decade straight.

Seems Im also the only Eldar player at the store I discovered, so i now have a reputation to uphold. At Griffon games in Greenfield MA, theres 3 Space Wolf cheesegods, 3 Chaos/Noise marine guys (1 with the Cult Noise Terminators, argh, runny brie-style...) a Tyranid kid and 2 Dark Eldar players, grrrr. 1 of the SW guys has a nice Harlequin army he's going to ally with my BielTan and go after some of these Dark Eldar.

I cannot believe the Dark Eldar rules, theyre sooooooo over the top. Makes me wanna play new Chaos! Or bust out the 4 squads of Dark Reapers and 3 Wraithlords!

I love the BielTan but the only figures I like from the new line are the Banshees, so if anyone has unpainted Aspects they need to pass on, let me know.
"I am here to destroy your world, o Man, and turn it into a Paradise"
~Atrributed to the Alaitoc Farseer Catatheron

"Ask not the Eldar a question for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and horrifying to know."
~Inquisitor Czevak

Michiel Messink

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2002, 12:10:49 PM »
Greetings to the reader of this article,

I've been playing space marines for about eight months now and still every time those Tyranids kill me, really frustrating. I've only discovered this site the day before yesterday and it has already proven useful to me because I have found a lot information about eldar, this very useful to me because in july/august I'm, going to start with an eldar army(I hope that do have the ability to deal with Tyranids).

greetings from messink  

Offline Farseer Kwidjbo

• mock not the name!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2002, 02:35:49 PM »
Im... kinda a newbie... not really new to the boards but to 40K... though not so much as you think... I rember back in the days of second eddition.. though I didnt knwo bout warhammer back then. I went into a hobby store my dad was getting some d&d stuff or something. and then I saw the wall... IT was COVERED in WHF and WH40K stuff they had a table on which a battle was taking place... though I didnt care. I found my self looking into a display case... looking at these smoth vhicals on their clear stands. they were so sleek... 5 minutes later I was walking out of the store viper box in hand. and thats where it started... though it happened very slowly. once I got home I put the thing to geather. gave it a crappy paint job and stuck it in my room. I showed it to my friends, they didnt care much, and for a long time it was forgotten. then one day as I was cleaning out my room. I found it. knocked the little sucker right off the shelf and onto my foot. at which point I again fell in love... with that smooth viper... oh yeah... anyway after putting on a half desent coat of paint I set off to find the box it came in. after a bit of searching in the basement I found the box with a small unused slip of paper in side that had some thing called
"instructions" anyway it also had old 2nd eddition rulz for the viper. so going to a hobby store (not the one that I first got the viper from) I found out what this game was... I was once again side tracked... I found the orcs for Warhammer... after a year of collecting (but never playing) those orcs I again stumbled on the viper. then I went to some hobby store bought some gaurdians and the eldar rule book. later I got a farseer warp spiders and so forth... and thats how I got into 40K

I suggest you go to the bath room run around, fart or watever  you need to do cuz im not finished yet
of corse you could just stop reading (and you probably already have) but
SHAME ON YOU
I read all of YOUR posts
anyway,
I, oneday brought the BBB to school (I found a kid who played DE but didnt have the rule book and wanted to see) and another friend of mine saw the cover. he is into the 1920s for some reason. and liked the look of the Black Templar on the cover. I told him how much they cost. and he said "Im just looking"
"Yeah right"
I thought and now he collects Dark Angles...
I know 2 more kids who are "Just Looking"
we might have new 40K friends soon
;)   ;)
I will, now finaly shut up... I know youve wanted it for a LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG
Time so I go now yes and dont touch my ham!
P.S. You will probably never get your wife into 40k... it's just one of those things...
Soon to lead the exodit-what-za-ma-call-ems
Feathers are soft
This carpet is red
dog doo doo smells funny
Fuzzy FUZZY lil bunny

Offline WarpDragn86

• Dont stick to the best, Die like the rest!
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2002, 02:45:09 PM »
i am new but i know my way around the site
when the you hear
the call of the exarch,
you
must
respond!

Offline Tuisich-Anastari

• Raven Lord of the Alfheim Craftworld
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2002, 08:01:43 PM »
i'm fairly new.  got interested in the game i think around 5 years ago when i was in h.s., but didn't have enough money to start collecting it.  did pick up a couple of warlocks and a 2nd ed codex back then.  i finally got back into it a little over a year ago and have been playing in a local league since september.  i immediately fell in love with the eldar as i flipped through my friend's codex imperialis.  

oh yeah, i've been posting here for a few weeks.  but i stopped by and read some articles and such off and on since last year.  the site really is the best.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2002, 08:03:04 PM by Vegtam »
"A careful study of the Bible would convince many people that it is a very different
book than they assume it to be." --Loraine Boettner, The Reformed Doctrine Of Predestination

This post is dedicated to all those who never have a post dedicated to them.

Offline MC High

• Mixin' up the 40k World
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2002, 06:24:39 AM »
I just came to the sie and joined
Its the first cool Eldar site ive come across
Live the High Experience

Offline pathfinder

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • army funded with lotto winnings since 1996
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2002, 07:46:28 AM »
hey i made a sticky topic

Offline Kilgo

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2002, 02:13:34 PM »
i am new here but am enjoying the learning experiance:P

kademorton

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2002, 12:10:23 AM »
I'm new, hence the title. I'm not even a guardian! But i am now though HAHAHA ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2002, 12:11:20 AM by Eshin Assassin »

Mr Solitaire

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2002, 07:27:36 AM »
I'm new to the boeard but I play 40K since the 2. ediion came out.

Offline Pitfall

• Non Illegitimati Carborundum
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2002, 04:22:13 PM »
Hello all!  I'm new to the site, and I am also new to the game.  I've been playing RPG's and CCG's for years, and I have just recently ventured into the realm of wargaming.
Pitfall, the Eighth Screaming Diz-Buster

Offline XenthusTheFallen

• "The Fallen deserve the rule"
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2002, 04:45:58 PM »
Im New to this but I post on other boards
Within the Shade, Without Light
We stand strong, we shine bright
Truth be hidden, Truth be sought
All of us died, but all of us fought - Xenthus