News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Boar boy to biker boy conversion  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
Boar boy to biker boy conversion
« on: February 2, 2011, 02:58:52 PM »
I asked a while back what people thought of the idea of using boar boyz from warhammer fantasy as biker boyz in 40k.  There was enough support of the idea so I went out and purchased a box.

Well the kit comes with a pretty kick ass banner trailed by a bunch of skulls on ropes.  It screamed waagh banner so I made sure on my first model to include it.  But after test posing the model I needed a way to add the dakka gun.

Looting my bitz box, I found an armor plate left over from my deff dread kit, and a big shoota.  I then drilled holes in the armor plate and the shield that comes with the boar boyz.  Using picture hanging wire I tied, them both to the sides of the boar.

After that, I just added a nob choppa arm to his free hand so that it looked even more 40k instead of fantasy (not that the big shoota wasn't enough).

The finished konversion looks good but I figured I'd post here to see what everyone else thought.

[gmod]Fixed broken img tag. -Mr.Peanut[/gmod]
« Last Edit: February 6, 2011, 11:35:57 PM by Mr.Peanut »

Offline DropFall

• Bad Moon Big Mek
  • What were all those "do not's" again?
Re: Boar boy to biker boy conversion
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2011, 08:34:37 PM »
Given that Warbikes come with a 4+ save you need to armour, or cyborg that boar up. Oh and needs another gun, dakka guns are twin-linked. Otherwise me likey.

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2011, 01:17:43 AM »
will do.  I have a lot of bits left over so I'll figure it out.  Although I might have to buy some more bits, my big shoota stockpile dwindles these days.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2011, 09:18:42 AM »
I like it, makes me regret buying DE bikes instead of the boars. (insert jealous green smiley  :o )

An idea for big shoota replacement; just use shootas and glue on an extra barrel to the end to extend the length. I am sure you may have a few shootas in your bits box and this is a way to get them used up.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2011, 03:04:57 PM »
sadly, I don't have spare shoota bits.  Most of my green tide comes from AoBR boyz so no spare bits there.  I've been meaning to buy a box of boyz or two for bits, but havn't yet.

My bits are leftovers from a Deff Dread, Kans, and two Nob boxes.  I've picked them mostly clean.  I don't do a lot of tourney's, so I'm not too worried about the wysiwyg of it all.  I want it to look good, but if I have a kombi rokkit on one instead of a dakka gun I'll be okay with it.  I know all the bikes have dakka guns so I'm not too worried about "accidently" firing a rokkit from them.  It's more for the aesthetically pleasing aspect of it all. 

My local meta is pretty good about going over "counts as" models and proxies, so we take a minute or two before each game to explain units. 

Offline Iridescente

• Sognando sotto l'arcobaleno
« Reply #5 on: February 3, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »
One ork set that comes with more bits than it needs is the Lootas/Burnas boxed set.  It's not too expensive, so it might be worth looking into if you want to restock your bits box some.
Just playing along,
Bourhgen

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
« Reply #6 on: February 4, 2011, 10:05:21 AM »
I finished up the rest of the squad, they just need paint now.  But I figured I would show off the konversion work. 

PK nob 1

If you look closely, you can see that I carved out the right eye of the boar.  I plan on him having just the one eye.

Boss Pole and PK

Big Choppa Nob

Pk on a Cyboar

Took all these pics with my cell so sorry for the lousy look of them, but when I get them painted up I'll post some with the good camera.

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #7 on: February 4, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »
Those are some excellent konversions, Jack! :)  My favorite is the bosspole.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »
just adding some updates to this thread. I've painted a couple of them.  Still need to base and do some final highlights, but I was happy with them and wanted to show them off.