News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 8th 40k Online tournament in partnership with Bracknell Forest Gamers  (Read 43391 times)

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
I proudly present to you the glorious 8th 40k Online tournament in partnership once again with Bracknell Forest Gamers and sponsored for the first time by Promethean Games.

NOW SOLD OUT

The event will take place on Saturday August 15th at St Paul's United Reformed Church, Lowbury, Harmans Water, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 9LP.

The Bracknell Forest Gaming club have kindly allowed us access to their hall once again for the whole of the Saturday and will provide us with tables, terrain and even fizzy drinks (though the latter will cost you a little!) Admission to the event is not restricted to members of this site and you may bring along friends, countrymen and extras.   

The timetable for the day will look something like this:

Arrive 8.30am
Initial Briefing (With free tea/coffee and a doughnut)
Game One
Break
Game Two
Lunch
Game Three
Break
Game four

The aim is to finish before 7pm. With this in mind please arrive on time (yes I know pots and kettles…) and try to keep games flowing. The current 40k rules means that games will last between 5 and 7 turns, however there will also be a time limit on your game (to be decided) and once that limit is reached you must end it! Last time this went really smoothly, lets keep it like that!

Rules of the tournament:
The Warhammer 40,000 Revised Edition rules will be used for this tournament, as will the latest Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents from the Games Workshop website. In all cases the most recent edition of the Codex will be used.

Each player will require an army of 1500 points or less selected using the Standard Force Organisation Chart and fielded as a single detachment. Every gamer will play four games during the day. The first and second rounds will be determined randomly by drawing names from a hat (or similar such container) the third and fourth rounds will be played against the player with the next highest victory points score (i.e. 1st will play 2nd, 3rd will play 4th etc).

•   All models within your armies should conform to “what you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG). In other words, all equipment that can be appropriately shown should be clearly modelled on each miniature. Miniatures do not need to be completely painted. This is to accommodate those gamers who simply would not be able to attend if we enforced this rule.
However, to reward those who do make the effort, additional tournament points will be awarded for:
An entirely undercoated army
Models showing 3 or more colours in an appropriate colour scheme
Models showing 3 or more colours in an appropriate colour scheme and bases with sand or flock
All models in the army must meet the criteria to receive the appropriate level of points. If more than half the number of models in the army meets the criteria half points will be awarded.

•   Equipment, vehicles (including flyers) and units detailed in Forge World’s Imperial Armour publications and chapter approved may be used. Units with Structure Points or Mass Points may NOT be. If a vehicle or unit is described in more than one Forge World publication or Chapter approved document, the most recent version must be used. You must have a copy of any rules you wish to use.

•   Special Characters (for those armies that still have them listed separately i.e. imperial guard) may be taken as listed in the appropriate codex. Normal restrictions for that character apply e.g. if the army must be at least 2000 points to take the character you may not take him as this tournament is for armies of 1500 points or less. You DO NOT need to ask your opponent’s permission.

I will announce the points system used to score the tournament at a later date for those who like their stats and such like.

Awards at the end of the day will be:
Best General
2nd place
3rd place
Best Army
Most sporting

At this point I am very proud to announce that for the first time ever the 40kOnline tournament will be sponsored by Promethean Games.

Promethean Games have kindly offered to provide us with prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, best painted army and most sporting. The prizes themselves are fantastic and provide a great reward for hard work however this is not intended to detract from the aim of the day, which is still all about having fun and enjoying the company of other gamers. 

To order GW minatures from them at a 20% discount just go to http://www.prometheangames.co.uk/

Promethean Games is a new online wargames trader. At the moment we sell all games workshop products (That they allow their traders to sell) with a minimum genuine 20% discount with no hidden postage costs.

At the moment the Shop is up and running with 964 Games Workshop products and around half have pictures uploaded so far. Over the next few weeks the rest of the pictures will be uploaded and any initial bugs removed. We also have a line of 10mm Warhammer historical miniatures a cheap alternative way to get the armies you need to play this game

I hope in the near future to sell other gaming products such as Warhammer historical books, magic the gathering, dungeons and dragons and much more.

We also aim to offer a bits box service. At the moment I have almost every conceivable Space marine part.  I am currently building up stock of other armies but if you require anything it is worth sending me a message to see if I can get hold of it.

When placing an order, please let us know in the details section that you heard about us through 40kOnline. Payment is possible by Pay Pal but also by bank transfer which will earn you an extra 2% discount on your order. 
Finally we are running a lucky dip for our first 100 customers all you have to do is order through our website (minimum order value excluding postage £15 applies) and you will receive a lucky dip in the post along with you stuff which is worth between £1 - £10.

You can find us at http://www.prometheangames.co.uk/

Promethean Games

The Hall will hold 14 tables and therefore numbers are limited.

The event is now SOLD OUT

Please do not send money as we will not be able to provide extra tickets.

As such tickets will be available in advance just like last time through Bracknell Forest Gamers. Tickets will be:
£5 if bought before July 1st
£6 between July 1st and July 31st
£8 Between August 1st and the day of the event.
This is to encourage people to buy early so that we can be sure of numbers.

The (almost) final attendance list:

Dux Aurelius Elysius (paid)
Hymirl  (paid)
DarkEye  (paid)
Teg  (paid)
Col.Gravis  (paid)
Col.Gravis +  (paid)
Col.Gravis +  (paid) 
Richard Grint  (paid)
Jonik  (paid)
Erriond (paid)
Oink (paid)
Changeyname (paid)
Chuckles (paid)
Swiper (waiting for cheque, place held)
Lorizael (paid)
666_vrykolakas_666 (paid)
666_vrykolakas_666 + Steve (paid)
Google5  (paid)
Small_furry_spider (paid)
Flaming Hawaiian zombie (paid)
Gonzon (paid)
Richard Kerry (paid)
Bill (paid)
Prince_Rathstar (paid)
Prince_Rathstar +Mike (paid)
Wellard (paid)
Sovietspace (paid)

We sold out in great time this year and as such there is currently a waiting list in case of drop outs. Those on the waiting list will be notified if a place becomes avalible and will also be added to our mailing list so that they will get a chance at next years tickets.

If you have any questions please, please PM me or email me at leavenickanote@hotmail.com

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Erriond
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:20:46 PM by Erriond »

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
    • Bracknell Forest Gamers
I proudly present to you the glorious 8th 40k Online tournament in partnership once again with Bracknell Forest Gamers.

The event will take place on Saturday the 15th August at Harmens Water Community Centre, Ralphs Ride, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 9LP. The Bracknell Forest Gaming club ......

ahem
we're at :
St Paul's United Reformed Church
Lowbury
Harmans Water
Bracknell
Berkshire
RG12 9LP

(across the car park :))
www.bfgclub.org.uk
Bagpipe's are not deadly weapons !. Well it depend who's playing them ! ;)
Bracknell Forest GamersThe Gaming Club Network - GAME ON ![/B]
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
And the dates of purchase still say August!
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
the link doesnt work dude
oink is a nancy!

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
I will sort a link out soon.

Joink, that would be because it is in August...

Erriond

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Oh ok, gave up on easter then? EDIT I see your edit now and raise to two edits.

I can probably make August, but I'm not looking anywhere near that far away yet!

EDIT

but guard will have been out for ages YAY :D Expect to see my grenadiers again (with some different tanks maybe....)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:47:58 PM by Jonik »

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
That was my thinking also!

Offline Rathstar

• Rathstar's 40k Ramblings
  • Armies: Dark Eldar, Necrons, Tau, Space Wolves

If the imperial guard have the rumoured forgeworld flyer (valkayrie I think) in the army book will it use the army book (counts as a skimmer) or flyer (forgeworld rules) ?

I'm guessing it should use the army book rules, as it's the later printing.

Personally I think flyers shouldn't be included at all, but I'm in the minority :(

Rathstar
___________________ _________________

View my 40k Blog at: Rathstar's Ramblings

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Personally I think flyers shouldn't be included at all, but I'm in the minority :(

Airplanes are actually quite harmless, they cost lots of points, turn up late, aren't actually that dangerous and then shove off at the end of the game instead of contesting an objective. Fielding a valkerie is done soley to have an excuse to hum Ride of the Valkeries during the movement phase than as a method of winning games.

Or is that just me? ;D
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
Prince_Rathstar: Flyers are pretty rare on the table top but as Hymirl said they are actually not a big advantage, especially in the new rules system where the most important thing is troops to contest objectives. In the past we have prided ourselves that the standard of gamers at the tournament  means that the strange and wonderful models from forge world are often seen as an extra challenge and not as something unfair.

As for which book to use it is up to you. If codex Imperial Guard contains valkayrie rules they will be as a skimmer and not as a flyer. Obviously if anyone using Guard is intitled to take the codex varient with their normal army list, however if you want the flyer version instead then you may still use the most recent forge world rules set.

Does that make sense to everyone?

Erriond

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
Re: The 8th 40k Online tournament in partnership with Bracknell Forest Gamers
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »
so basically assuming they're in the dex, either or both, its our call as long as we use the appropriate book for the type we choose?
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 08:02:10 PM »
Yes and as long as you make it clear to your opponent which you are using. This also goes for things like the Tau Piranah which has a different Forge World (FW) entry from the codex with twin linked weapons and the skyray, the FW version of which has anti flyer properties.

Please note that imperial guard FW rules written for the old codex (if the new one is out in time for August) may not use any rules/ equipment listed in the old codex unless specifically relisted and repointed by FW. For example you may not take improved comms on your Leman Russ exterminator if improved comms is removed from the codex. Common sense will rule all, but if you are not sure just ask :)

Now the important question, do I play Tau, Guard, Marines or Eldar (Again).

Erriond

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 08:06:13 PM »
Now the important question, do I play Tau, Guard, Marines or Eldar (Again).

Erriond
im sure chuckles would love a chance at your eldar again ;)

chances are i'll be bringing my orks again, who knows, i might not be the only one this time :-\
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »
beslubber that noise, I'm keeping as far away from those bastards as possible.

But I'm in, if it's on
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 04:36:21 AM »
Absolutely awesome.

I'll definately make it this year and book time off work - and more than likely take the Willys MB with me (to give me extra-love for my Guard ;))
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 05:49:11 AM »
What's a Willys MB? :S

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
    • Bracknell Forest Gamers
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 06:18:30 AM »
August

hmm ...

Any one say

STOMPAAAAZ
Bagpipe's are not deadly weapons !. Well it depend who's playing them ! ;)
Bracknell Forest GamersThe Gaming Club Network - GAME ON ![/B]
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »
I may actually make this one if I can hijack Hymen for a lift. :D

I'll have a fully painted army to use as well which is quite shocking. I've discovered the wonder that is an airbrush and managed to base coat 1500 points of marines last night.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 08:02:58 AM »
I may actually make this one if I can hijack Hymen for a lift. :D

You'll be riding in the boot if you keep mistyping my name! >:(

Not playing pansy eldar? I'm glad you'll be bringing a real army, although my car has a strict no blood angels policy either btw. :D
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 11:06:38 AM »
Hallo, one and all!

I should well be around for this one (although I'd love to see Erriond and Mac manage without me :P)

I'll hopefully have a new Space Marine army with lots of toys and gibbons and the like by then, too! Mmmm.

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop