News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: new mission help?!?!?!?!?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline angelslayer817

• die die die i kill u
new mission help?!?!?!?!?
« on: March 15, 2002, 10:49:15 PM »
well me and my friend want to play a game like virgin snatch but more like capture the flag can anyone help make some rules for it we have no idea how to start so we have no rules to tell execpt virgin snacth rules so if anyone needs those to help i'll post them
i will break u

Offline moojaro

• The Invisible Man
  • Ancient
  • Kage Akuma
    • Eldar Online
Re:new mission help?!?!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2002, 10:58:25 PM »
what's virgin snap?
mooj,

Experiance the Nerdom

<insert super cool sig here>
come see my pix!

Offline angelslayer817

• die die die i kill u
Re:new mission help?!?!?!?!?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 11:12:27 PM »
Both players roll a die. The player who rolls highest can choose whether to deploy first or second. The player who deploys first chooses a corner and deploys his entire force. His opponent then deploys in the opposite corner. The deployment zone is a square in each corner, 18" on a side, as shown in the diagram to the right. Units which Deep Strike may be held in reserve; Infiltrators should be held until both sides have set up all units.

2 Players then take turns placing 1-3 "hostages" on the board. All hostages should be placed within 18" of the center of the table.

3 Infiltrators may now be placed anywhere on the table as long as they are not within 18" of any enemy models or hostages.

4 Both players roll a die. The high roll has the option to take the first turn or he may allow his opponent to go first.

5 At the beginning of each turn, before any other models are moved, all uncontrolled hostages move 2d6" in a random direction as they desperately attempt to flee their fate.
Both players are attempting to control table quarters as well as hostages. Each table quarter and each hostage is worth 1 VP.

Immobilized vehicles, independent characters, and units under 50% strength are not "controlling" troops, and may not hold table quarters-- but they may hold hostages as below.

In order to seize a hostage you must move a model into base-to-base contact with the hostage. Hostages may not be "charged" during the assault phase so you must move into base contact during Movement. Once a hostage is controlled, it will become part of the unit and cannot move more than 2" away (unless transferred to another unit by moving into base contact).

Hostages may not be targeted normally during shooting. They will be killed instantly by any blast or template marker which touches them-- however if the hostage is in possession of a unit, the controlling player has the option of sacrificing one of his own models to save the hostage.

Hostages can be captured in close combat. At the end of each combat, "ownership" of the hostage will transfer to the winning side. If the combat is a draw, ownership does not change. It is possible for the hostage to switch back and forth several times as the battle rages.

i will break u