News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Army?????  (Read 1020 times)

Offline -=Nato-SnyperUnit=-

• Im The Bringer Of Death*Hail ME!*
Army?????
« on: August 4, 2002, 12:34:09 AM »
what army would u guys say would b the best to a person just starting out exept marines(to plain)????? plzzz reply as soon as u can

Thank You
"I will never forget what I saw at Obsidian Station. The bones of five thousand brave men lay scattered about the winding corridors. Their blood was slick upon the walls and floors of the dormitories. Their innards were hung from control panels like grotesque decorations of some insane celebration. But not a single skull was to be found; all taken as sick trophies by these despicable attackers."

- Inquisitor Absolvus

Offline Stratovadis

Re:Army?????
« Reply #1 on: August 4, 2002, 01:11:31 AM »
My oppinion and from my gaming club, we say that orks, you should start that or become one more of the bunch of necron players (me included) and the necrons are the cheapest army in money related

Offline spacepiper

• Soul Rebel
  • One Love; Bob Marley
    • EldarOnline
« Reply #2 on: August 4, 2002, 11:04:06 AM »
Pah! You don't need no stinking Necrons!

I started out with Eldar as my first army, and then took up Space Wolves. You should play whatever type of Army suits you, not one that people tell you to.
“The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself: but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.” –Marcus Garvey

Offline bloodangelcamandor

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #3 on: August 4, 2002, 09:51:51 PM »
hi,
\ well i would have to say orks or necrons my friend lane just started w/ orks and hes doin well.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2002, 11:22:20 AM »
If you have the BBB read towards the back.  There you will find synopsis of all the armies.  Look at the pictures, read the army list etc.  Then when you have narrowed down your choices to a couple of armies, buy or borrow the codex's for them and compare.  Then make a educated choice.  OR, you can just start an eldar army now.  Start with Biel Tan craftworld as IMO it is the easiest to collect and use.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
« Reply #5 on: August 5, 2002, 11:46:01 AM »
I say necrons for a begginner since they are extremely cheap, pts wise per dollar.  But if money is no issue, get what ever you want.

Offline Rliyen

• That blows righteous Mon-Keigh chunks under Heaven
« Reply #6 on: August 5, 2002, 12:50:22 PM »
Also have to throw in my two cents!  ;)

Playing style:  If you want a shooty army, I can recommend the Tau, Eldar (put together right), or the PIMP GUARD (Hey, it's okay to knock your own gang).  All, with the exception of the IG, primarily have plastics for their basic troop choices (The Eldar aspects are metal, mostly.)  The IG has Catamachans, but peeps around here hate them with a divine passion.  They don't bother me either way, but I definitely will buy Cadians by the truckload once they fully develop them in plastic.

Tau, Eldar, and IG are finesse armies in my eyes.  If you're a beginner, I warn you that they do have a learning curve.  The alternative is the Necrons (cheap plastic troops, as stated previously) and they're a bit more forgiving in tactics, because the damn things just won't stay down and have a good armor save.  They're not too hot in HTH, however.

If you want to get into your opponent's face in scary HTH, then go either Orks or Tyranids.  They, too, are primarily plastic but they are also a pain to paint because of the numbers of models (IG is the same way, too, by the by).

:)
Space Marines Are For Pansies.

Real Men play Eldar

Offline Farseer_Sting

• Play Guard, Never be out gunned
« Reply #7 on: August 5, 2002, 02:29:52 PM »
tisk, tisk, tisk  you should never have someone tell u what army to play my friend. It also personal taste, each army has it's own unique style troops, an army can beat any other army when played right (note that some armies may be harder to win against then others though) Here is what i see as the strengths and weakness of all armies

Eldar- Strengths: lots of units to choose from, best transport, psychic powers,
weakness- standard weapon 12" range, low strength and toughness

DE- im sorry i just have no idea here never played with or against them

Orks_ Strengths: higher toughness, fun to play with, lots of troops (choices and actual models). looting!good in Hth
Weakness: Bad BS, Bad armour save, lots of mini's to paint

Guard: - Strengths Tanks, ordance blasts (note thats plural) lots of massed fire power

Weakness: sucky in HtH, need an entire platoon to warm a soup can with their lasguns on maxium fire rate. Lots of mini to paint

Space Marine (this is generic, for all chapters): most platic models of any race, high stats straight 4s almost, variety of wargear and weapons, taticaly forgiving

Weakness, higher in points for models, over played, most army list in tournaments are anti-marine in design.

Tau: Strengths: fire power, lots of deep striking units,

weakness: - horribly in Hth, bad BS (for what it should be),

Necrons: Strenths- auto glance on 6s, good armour save, C-tans, monliths,

weaknesses- 75% phase out rule, somewhat lacking in HtH,

Chaos Strengths: generally same as marines, plus all those cool chaos troops

Weakness: no and they shall have no fear rule,  same as marines in generaly

these are totally my own opinion as from experience, hopes this helps you out

Instant IQ test click here

Warp Riders Expeditionary Force
Win=15
Loose=2
Tie=0

Offline Nogg

• Tyranids are the best.
« Reply #8 on: August 5, 2002, 02:31:52 PM »
I would say Chaos would be good for a new person, they are very eisy to use, you just charge straight in, and hope they don't have power weapons.
Its not about winning, its about having fun.