News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,500 list please rate  (Read 739 times)

Offline lime

• Sanity is the last refuge of the unimaginative
1,500 list please rate
« on: June 29, 2005, 10:50:56 AM »
Dark Eldar Army List

Arcon – shadow field, agoniser, combat drugs                 120pts
5 Incubi                                                                     125 pts
Raider –  horrorfex                                                       60 pts                 

10 warriors – 2 dark lances                                             100 pts

Haemonculus – scissor hand, destructor, wwp                   95 pts
15 warriors – 2 splinter cannons, blaster, shredder              155 pts

10 warriors – blaster, succubi, wwp                                  141 pts
Raider –  horrorfex                                                          60 pts

4 Reavers - 2 blasters                                                    120 pts

Ravenger – night shield, 3 disintigrators                          140 pts

wwp reserves

Talos                                                                            100 pts

9 Wyches – 10 wych weapons, succubi, agoniser            158 pts   

9 Wyches – 8 wych weapons, succubi, agoniser               132 pts

1,500 pts

« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 10:36:22 AM by lime »

Offline TinSlasher

• Welcome to Commorragh human
Re: 1,500 list please rate
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 06:19:50 PM »
Comment the tactic you want to use with that list.
I'll point some things I dislike

1) Archon should use a splinter pistol too.
2) An IC as WWP carrier is good because it's more difficult to kill than a sybarite (vindicare, mindwars). You need more warriors to shieldmeat your sybarite on the  footslogging WWP squad.
3) Archon + retinue and your wyches are not made to run through the battlefield. A unit of wyches with a raider has more chances to reach CC than 2 footslogging ones. You have listed 2 raiders but you don't say who is using them, and I see 3 CC units that NEED a raider. Maybe wyches can reach combat running from the WWP but incubi can't do it.
4) Change the shredder for a blaster, it's cheaper and it's a best weapon.
5) The reaver squad is not big enough, it has to be minimum 5. My experience with bikes shown me that they are not reliable and that they need numbers to get its objectives.
6) The RAVAGER is ok, but i prefer the 1 DL 2 dissie combo.

Good luck with the dark kin

Offline 2quiet

• Infinity Circuit
  • BOOOOOOOOM...."yes, that red button..."
Re: 1,500 list please rate
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 07:21:14 PM »
I quite like your list, it is a very good starting point that we can work off, so here is a run down on what I see:

H.Q.

Many people will tell you that an Archon on a jetbike is better, and then a dracon with a retinue, but in this list I think the archon/incubi combo is good. As stated above the Archon needs a splinter pistol, and the whole squad must be mounted on a raider to come out of the WWP. Some extra wargear and stuff would be cool for the Archon too, but its not really a priority.

The Heamy is quite a good choice for the WWP carrying capabilities. I will tell you how you should join him to a squad later.

ELITES

First things first- get another raider! if you dont have the model I strongly advise getting another one. Also I think they should be armed with a DL and given a horrorfex, except maybe one, which you can give a dessie- just my thoughts.

Ok, moving on- make the wych squads 9 models each. This is a better number than 8, and no worse than 10. It will mean 3 of them must die to force a morale check instead of just 2. I think your list lacks tank busting, and squads like these are a good area to pick this up. Give your squads blasters as often as you can. They are cheap for a 'just in case' and can be used to soften up a unit before you charge. Put as many of the wyches on raiders as you can 9remembering your HQ takes precedence).

TROOPS

The sniper squad is good, keep it as it is. Use them to defend the WWP and for giving cover fire to your carrier troops.

Your carrier units (at least two) should be 14 or 15 models strong at least. In your case you could get away with one squad of fifteen and one squad of ten, so lets work off this- give the sybarite to the squad with fifteen so he has more chance of survival. Give the Heamy to the squad of ten, as he can always leave it and run to the other squad if he has to. And yes, do replace the shredder with a blaster, and give the other squad another blaster too if you can.

FAST ATTACK

I think that four reavers can work, although admittedly five is better. They are expensive though and often dont last long. hey are a bit of a pointsink and not generaly my first choice. I would preffer if you put in another Talos instead, but if you dont have another one then the bikes are not bad. Just use them as anti tank, speeding around to find weak rear armour.

HEAVY SUPPORT

The Ravager is good as is- DO NOT CHANGE THE WEAPONS!!! A three dissie ravager is awsome for taking out squads at a time, especialy adaint SMurfs.

As for the Talos, it is a lot better to have 2 of them working together to make them more reliable. You dont want to charge some termies or squads with power weapons or something, roll one attack and be pummeled in return. With two you should average about 7 attacks a turn, which will usualy see you safe.

Overall I think it is a pretty steady list. Good job.
Some of my favorites:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day- Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I lay in bed last night looking up at the stars in the sky, and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose

If ther's something you can deffinetely rely on it's gotta be- oh, theres not