News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Khorne Force.  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Max Power

Khorne Force.
« on: January 17, 2008, 08:18:19 PM »
I'm thinking about doing Chaos as an alternate army. I was wondering if you can take Khorne Berserkers as a troops choice.
Kids, there's three ways to do things.  The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
Isn't that the wrong way?
Yes, but faster!

Offline Don

• Contemplating your downfall
Re: Khorne Force.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 08:24:51 PM »
Yes, that is the only way you can take them. :)

//R
"The torch of civilization does not light candles, it burns villages"

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »
Alternate!?  An ALTERNATE!?  There is not alternate!  You shall sucomb and submit!.........alternate. ..........sheeesh! ::)

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:00:54 PM »
Come to Grandfather Nurgle...

*cough* plague marines > Zerkers *cough*

I've got maggot filled fruit and Nurgling made cookies... oh and fly infested muffins !!!

___________________ _______________

Yes, they are troops choices and can only be troops choices this time round.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Omalley69

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 05:41:59 AM »
*cough* plague marines > Zerkers *cough*

Hehe i whouldnt quite agree.

I like basic CSM the best, but ap3 bolters are awesome aswell, but pretty expensive.

So:

CSM>Tsons>Zerkers>plaque

i simply cant seem to find any good punch about plaquies...

they are defensive, yes, but normal bolters on such a pricey model, and I3  :o

A basic CSM worth 15 points has 3 attacks on the charge, a zerker has 4.
Basic CSM are so underestimated. for 150 point you get 10 bolters, 10 wounds and 30 attacks on the charge...its insane..."Power to the Ultra-grit!"

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:05:01 AM »
Well, O'Malley, Plague Marines with a pair of Plasma Guns has pretty reasonable punch and hatred inducing durability, so I'd not say they lack offensive power given their power over time.

However, Sanctjud is biased and also mean.  That puppy he has for an avatar?  He ate it.  True story.  So don't believe a word he says.

Nathan, Berzerkers are an outstanding unit for a Chaos army.  They deal a horrid number of wounds and once you add in their powerfist you can smash up even Plague Marines.  However, the flexibility added by the new codex is something to take advantage of.  I highly recommend adding to your force with Plague Marines, bikes, and Raptors.  If you go Mech (which you probably should with Berzerkers) Vindicators with possession and Predators are great heavy weapon additions.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 12:57:20 PM »
Don't listen to the drunk dragon... grandfather Nurgle embraces all.

About the avatar... you don't know the half of it.. it's more like the other way around... "the canine take over has begun... one puppy-face at a time."

___________________ ________________

I've used zerkers, they are decent at frontal assault and counter charge.
They've killed lots of good stuff... but it usually ends up being the powerfist doing the real damage...

Like killing land raiders, instant killing chaplains, cannoness, chaos lords....
I find that the 'normal' zerkers just are lack lustre in doing real dmg.. and are not 'FAST'... you see, zerkers were good in the past because they didn't rely on a rhino to 'get there'... their blood rage was inherent speed, therefore good at getting the charge in with the aspiring champions from hell / upgrades up the wa-zoo.

Otherwise, they are decent choices for a troops choice, good at anti-horde and the powerfist for everything else...

Yes, I'm baised towards plaguemarines, but I receive charges from genestealers and zerkers willingly... it's kind of funny how awesome it can be.  It's frustrating to lose those charge attacks... and the T5 annoys most people... as the FNP... so you are relying on the powerfist to do dmg.... but you can get powerfists elsewhere for 'cheaper' than zerkers.

Anyway, do what is cool for your army... a central block of 2 squads of 8-12 zerkers footslogging or mech is a strong start.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »
Oh, so sigged.

I guess the damage dealing potential of Berzerkers depends very much on your enemy.  Say I lose a couple berzerkers to shooting and I charge with 5 and a skull Champ with powerfist.

Against MEq's
20 x .667 = 13.34 hits
13.34 x .667 = 8.9 wounds
8.9 x .333 = 2.963
The Skull Champ adds 2.78 kills

Against GEq's
20 x .667 = 13.34 hits
13.34 x .833 = 11.12 wounds
11.12 x .667 = 7.41 kills
The Skull Champ adds 2.78 kills

Even in small numbers they do slightly more than the Skull Champ against MEq's (though the Skull Champ is more effective for his points) and decimate GEq's.  Plus, the normal Berzerkers are invaluable for taking out models before they get a chance to strike back.  When I actually got my berzerkers into combat with Orks the other night they were rather effective.  Made the Dragon a happy killer.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 01:19:30 PM by Yuenglingdragon »
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.