News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What Do you think? [is this too expensive?]  (Read 393 times)

Offline smolo82

• I love Death.
What Do you think? [is this too expensive?]
« on: May 16, 2007, 03:12:35 PM »
Around Christmas (December) My local comic/hobby shop had 80% of the W40K on sale for 50% off.  I have done research and played some of my friends armies.  I decided to choose Chaos.  I bought most of my models there, and another bunch at/on Ebay.  I have never had to step foot in a GW store for my purchases.  Plus with going through ebay i got 26 Iron Warriors for only $50 and painted for the compared price of $81.25 not including the Time and Cost of Paint.  The prices of some of these things is crazy.  Like 8 Plastic models 2" tall is $25 when a model of a '57 Chevy Car model is only like $8 and that is several times bigger.  I know these collectable games (ie. Magic and such)  But I dont consider my self be-atching and such just stating (from another thread) maybe this is why the sales are down is the prices are higher than consumers are willing to spend and with the same amount of money get more bang for their buck ???  Ok Love you bye bye

Topic edited for clarity
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:51:30 PM by Rasmus »
Chaos - 74W - 10L - 6T
Necrons - 0W - 0L - 0T

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: What Do you think? [is this too expensive?]
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 03:53:06 PM »
Yes, GW is expensive.
Yes, ebay is cheaper.
No, it is generally not worth it, unless you really like hte paintjob, since you will just have to redo it anyway.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.