News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Battle of the Five Armies  (Read 1240 times)

Offline adamdodici

• Runnin' sh*t in '05
Battle of the Five Armies
« on: May 13, 2005, 02:21:52 PM »
Has anyone played the new GW Battle of the Five Armies?  If so, what did you think?  Does it play much like Warmaster?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 02:27:30 PM by adamdodici »
He will be drawn to large cities, where he will clog sewers, reverse street signs, and steal everybody's left shoe.

Offline rastlin

• Only the lost understand true terror.
Re: Battle of the Five Armies
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 01:13:47 PM »
bought it, haven't played it yet though. and i have no idea of warmaster rules, so i couldn't tell you.
Don't say revenge; don't say revenge......

Er, revenge?

Right, that's it, i'm out of here....

Offline laucian_meliamne

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Don't Panic; It's Open-Source!
    • The Place Where I Put Stuff Online
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 09:57:21 PM »
I just picked up my second starter box today.  The game is pretty much exactly like Warmaster, with slightly different units and different models.

Offline adamdodici

• Runnin' sh*t in '05
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 09:31:15 AM »
I just picked up my second starter box today.  The game is pretty much exactly like Warmaster, with slightly different units and different models.

I was reading the review in the WD and all it alked about was playing that one battle.  Hopefully they come out with different units.  I wouldn't want to purchase it were the game not to be supported.
He will be drawn to large cities, where he will clog sewers, reverse street signs, and steal everybody's left shoe.

Offline laucian_meliamne

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Don't Panic; It's Open-Source!
    • The Place Where I Put Stuff Online
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 01:30:31 PM »
There are a large number of extra models you can get; Elven Cavalry, bat swarms, Smaug the Golden, more Dwarves, etc...  The only scenario in the book is the Battle of Five Armies, but there are rules for making your own scenarios as well.  And as for purchassing it, if you don't have it already I don't think you're likely to ever get it; as far as I know it's sold out worldwide (since there were only 8000 or so made).