News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: World of darkness  (Read 4783 times)

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: World of darkness
« Reply #40 on: March 6, 2008, 09:20:49 PM »
Hunter; the Reckoning, also known as Twinkies; the one-stop-powergame-shop. Not really worth bothering with.

Personally, I prefered the old vampire fluff with Caine (supposedly) as the first vampire, but I'm not making too much of a judgement as I've not so much as comprensivly read the newer material. In fairness it was getting somewhat stale and out of date compared to the current world instead of the one that was around when it was initially written... somewhat important for modern day games.

Mechanically, the new system requires fewer dice rolls and revised the logic behind a lot of stats. 

Appearence was taken out, which I like because it was always too subjective.  Composure was added, which is good because every other book tried to create something like it.

I mostly liked the descriptions, eg; Level one shooting- "Bullets come out that end, going very fast"
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014