News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: IN RTCW Y R ALL THE ALLIES AMERICAN  (Read 3611 times)

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
IN RTCW Y R ALL THE ALLIES AMERICAN
« on: January 22, 2002, 04:57:14 PM »
any1 now y all the allies in RTCW are american. The Americans did nothing in WW2 it was all the Canadians and British who did everything.  I think they should make a patch that would change all the American flags to Canadian and British flags.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2002, 04:58:37 PM by BoyProdigy »

Offline Jiaurtel

• As Ynnead rises Death shall reign supreme!
Re:IN RTCW Y R ALL THE ALLIES AMERICAN
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2002, 07:49:25 PM »
What the heck is RTCW?

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2002, 08:31:08 PM »
Return to castle wolfenstien

Offline Cormer Lir

• Farseer of Isthalion
  • Ancient
  • The Hand of Khaine
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2002, 08:55:03 PM »
Nothing...

What a startlingly poor grasp of history.  And to be honest, a rather serious insult.
"It is not the strength, but the duration of great sentiments that makes great men."
                                                          -Nietzsche

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2002, 09:25:08 PM »
nothinG!?
economic support...
a safe haven for war refugee's
whooped japan
beat up nazi's
didnt get invaded...(least not by nazi's, but pearl harbor's more of an attack than an invasion, which i think of being occupying land with troops, so we didnt get invaded)
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 05:16:52 PM »
U HARDLY EVEN TOUCHED THE NAZIS. and for the economic support part, or dollar was higher back then (canadian). U didn't take any refugees (considering that the war was happening across the ocean). And no one else cared about the war between you and japan. I dont now what ur cowboy history books down there are teaching you but they need to be fixed to show what really happend.

PS METRIC SYSTEM RULEZ IMPERIAL STANDARD BIG TIME!!!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2002, 05:17:35 PM by BoyProdigy »

Offline pathfinder

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • army funded with lotto winnings since 1996
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 06:26:55 PM »
i'll agree with you on  the metric systam but i have collected old british history encyclopedeia and one of them says that if america hadn't come in the british would have been destroyed by the nazi war machine because hitler was planning a assault that was abanded after the yanks came in because they new the americans would of helped sure they could handle one mabye two supper powers but three would be suicid guess who was the tird none other than the US of A . we did take in refuges how do you think all the jewish people got here during the begining of the war germany did not capture jews they sent them here. and it seemed like we were doing you a favor with japan because you were loosing the war there becaus e they were almost at india and had taken malasiaand they almost were in russia and then theyed be able to get to england and the oil fields the only thing you did alone was at the begining of the war and if you still think we suck how come we beat you with miltia in not one but two wars and you still are stubern my father and the rest of the un troops helped you in korea . we have only lost war since the 1700s and you lost a ton so take that you lobster back  :P  but i do also do know that you helped us too so we shouldent be arguing about who did what because were allies and need to kick some al-Quida butt but try not to kill prisoners.

Offline Pyro_00001

• Brother Captain of the Damned, Mr. Red | Veteran (really!)
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Scars are tattoos with better stories
  • Armies: Legion of the Damned
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2002, 11:12:07 PM »
Ok, somehow, someone has managed to pick up a hugly inflated national ego. Not that pride in ones homland isn't a bad thing, but when it makes you sound like a flaming putz, you need to calm down and take a look at the facts. Yes, canada contributed greatly to the overseas war effort, but then again, so did the U.S. And as for the nazis, without Amarican aid, britton would have fallen, and they were the only real opposition in western europe that was left. After it had fallen, the goosesteppers could have taken the rest of europe.

Offline pathfinder

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2002, 07:26:25 AM »
sorry i have a big ego recently

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2002, 08:43:43 AM »
me 2  :(

but i still think there should be british and canadian flags on some of the allies

« Last Edit: January 25, 2002, 08:45:03 AM by BoyProdigy »

Offline pathfinder

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2002, 05:43:07 PM »
first of all its  an american made game so they must of made it like the originol game wich is about a g.i. .but they could of forgoton to in an efart to base it on the origonal that doesen't give you the right to insult america. okay ;D

Offline Pyro_00001

• Brother Captain of the Damned, Mr. Red | Veteran (really!)
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Scars are tattoos with better stories
  • Armies: Legion of the Damned
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2002, 07:51:22 PM »
Ya, if they didn't give anyone else credit, then it was a huge oversite. That or they were just aiming at americans as the target audiance.

Offline StevenSwayze

• You know what I say when it's miller time?
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2002, 09:04:39 PM »
Living in America I've always wondered how eschewed the rest of the world thinks our perspective is, and how eschewed it actually is. I'm sure that we as Americans like to embellish our involvement to a degree but first off we did lose 250000+ Americans in that war which is alot less then, Oh say Russia sure, but we did lose the population of Manitoba worth of GIs and what the hell was Normandy? Patton was probably on vacation over there huh. And as for our airforce bombing the crud out of Berlin, hmmm. That and we cracked the German radio code and with the British employed a dizzying amount of intelligence operations. Oh yeah we also  irritated the heck outta Hitler in the early going by helping out with supplies to the point where Hitler started sinking our merchant ships. I don't think there is a single American who thinks we single handedly won the war, but I also don't think that there is any doubt that we did play a big friggin part. Not only that but you did leave out the Aussies, while I don't know their involvement in the European theatre, they were huge in China, and they too lost alot of people. Then you make some goofball bent comment because Duke Nukem left out the Canadians when it came to handing out fake awards to fake characters?
"We really shook the pillars of heaven this time, did'nt we Wang." Jack Burton

Offline Khal Ynnoth

• Death before Dis-honour
  • Armies: Eldar - Saim Hann, Space Marines - Storm Crows
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2002, 10:40:59 AM »
This could turn nasty. It seems everyone thinks that their own country is the best and that they won the war witout the others.
[sarcasm]
Basically we all Know which country is the best

THE UNITED KINGDOM

:D :D :D :D :D

let the flame war commence.
Why bother with History or fact?
[/sarcasm]

ROFL at how something as small as "why are all the Allies in RTCW American?" can set ppl off.

[sarcasm]
Why are all Eldar namby pambys that eat daisy's?
[/sarcasm]

"I Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi hereby make a blood oath by my Kin, by my Clan and by my Craftworld to defend and uphold the honour of our brothers of Saim Hann and their allies.
Their cause is ours, this blood seals our fates forever!"
 - Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi

Offline pathfinder

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2002, 03:24:50 PM »
we couldnt have won the war alone and nether could you

Offline Irastill'Nanar

• We strike at night! Irastill`Nanar
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2002, 11:18:00 PM »
anyone else notice in old american war movies that if a bomb/ explosions lands 2 feet beside the americans they dont die but if its 30 feet from the nazi's they all die?

anyone else notice this? if not watch "The Longest Day"
"Never stop asking questions, my dear apprentice.  For at one time our race stopped asking questions and it brought about our fall...keep your mind open and clear"
-Farseer Marauth

"War is my master; Death is my mistress"
-Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra

"When the sun sets behind the ridge, and the stars show themselves to those that dwell on the planet's surface, we shall obliterate them."
-Farseer Faranir

"Money = Life, No money = Death...Fact of life!&a

Offline pathfinder

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2002, 07:37:40 AM »
yes well because most of them were made during the war they didn't want to show americans getting killed

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2002, 12:14:00 PM »
How about this, no one could have won the war with out each other.

END OF TOPIC

Offline elite Tyranid Warrior

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2002, 09:34:40 PM »
Americans think this current debate(sept11) is about freedom.
I'm different than all you mutated Lictor prototypes-- The Warrior govenor

Offline purple psyker

• cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebelum
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2002, 06:14:41 AM »
I'll agree that america did help win WWII, BUT and this is a big BUT, America refused to get involved with either side until they were attacked at pearl harbour. By that time Britan, France, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the rest had already been at war for a number of years. Proving that , unfortunatly, while America talk heap big about being the worlds big brother and being a force for good in the world, unless you back them into a corner they are quite willing to bend thier moral code at thier convenience.

The same thing happened during the gulf war, they were quite happy for iran and iraq to beat seven kinds of hell out of each other, Until thier oil interests were threatened by Saddams invasion. Then suddenly the sky is darkend by a swarm of patriot missiles.

BTW during the cold war the C.I.A actually funded the Taliban and Osama bin Ladin in thier war against Russia. They gave them weapons and training to fight with, they taught them the tactics that were used against them. It seems to me that parrallels can be drawn between this situation and Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.

Not that other countries are paragons of virtue either, Australia turned a blind eye when indonesia invaded east timor. So before I get every damn American in here sending me death threats, I am well aware that this state of affairs is not solely American. There is however one great difference-no one else has claimed to be the worlds protector.

BAM
"....The sound of one who laughs because he chooses not to cry...."

Fabricate Diem punc!