News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 point army  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Ctan Lord Haab

• I wanna be different....
1500 point army
« on: August 7, 2002, 01:13:39 PM »
ok i created this army and need some reviewing of it thanks.

HQ:390 points
-Necron Lord: warscythe, VOD, rez orb
-Necron Lord: warscythe, rez orb, Phase Shifter.

Troops:648 points
-12 Necron warriors
-12 Necron warriors
-12 Necron warriors

Elites:140 points
-5 Immortals

Fast:273 points
-3 Destroyers
-3 Wraiths

Heavy:55points
-Tombspyder: particle projector

Total:1506

Any Suggestions or tips would be helpful.  ;D
Tremble Mortals DOOM has come to this WORLD!

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
  • Cause this is too funny
Re:1500 point army
« Reply #1 on: August 7, 2002, 11:43:59 PM »
i would personally rethink having two lords.  The necron army is defined by it's lord.  By taking both 'arch-types' your trying to have the ultimate army.  Besides it's taking a lot of points into two models.  your phase out is only 37 models.  

I suggest you pick either a shooty army or a combat army.  That means picking one lord or the other and one fast attack or the other.  maybe ditching the fast attack all together and filling up on immortals and warriors.

The reason i think specilization is important in a necron army is the WBB rule.  For instance, it only takes one dev. squad to take out your Destroyers.  There are only three of them and if you kill them all they can't get back up due to no similar model w/ in 6"; rez orb or no rez orb.  Same goes for your Immortals.  Trust me, your deepstrikign immortals are going to attract a lot of attention, usually the entire opponents army concentrates on them.  So you need that squad to be as big as possible to absorb the firepower.

Also i think your tomb spyder is a bit out of place - he really can only support the warriors since they're the only multiple unit on the board.  I would instead take another destroyer.  This has the dual effect of increasing your squad to 4 (thereby increasing survivability) and reducing your overall points to 1501 (more acceptable)
You know what I'll say when I see God?
I'm going to tell him I was framed
 - The Way of the Gun

BloodThirster

« Reply #2 on: August 8, 2002, 05:59:13 PM »
ok. I can tell you how i play. I have 48 Necron Warriors. 1 Necron Lord. One Monolith, 4 Wraiths, 4 immortals and quite alot of Sacrabs. 6 flayed ones. Ok, this is quite alot of Points. But you have to work it out. It depends on how big army you are going to play.

Monolith - You can only have two Necron Squads out in play from the beginning. The other two groups is in the monolith. You can get them out later in the game.

Scarabs - Move slowly forward with you'r Necrons squads, leaded by the scarabs. Playing this way, makes it impossible to charge you'r Warriors. Scarabs, 3 wounds, really irretating to kill :)

Flayed Ones - CHARGE! Ripp the skinn of you'r oponents.

Wraiths - Extreamly powerfull in Close combat. Moving 12", really fast.

Necron Lord - Keep this in the middle of one of you'r Necron Squads. When you'r Warriors gets hit, they fall on their back, and thanks to the Necron Lord, they rebuild them selfe by getting 4+.

Immortals - Maby one of the most powerfull Anti-tank units in 40k. REally great.

Optional: Night Bringer - Extreamly powerfull. 5 wounds, 5 atacks. 24" weapon. I blew up a tank on one shot. Really fun, Cloud Runner got quite angry, but i had to get my friends revenge, cause in the first turn, cloudrunner blew up the Ork tank. Dammet, first turn! And the tank costed 190 points. What a loss really :) Anyway, i hope this could be any help :) Tell me if there is something else you were wondering.

« Last Edit: August 9, 2002, 08:03:02 PM by Lord Of Shadows »

Offline Dark Nick

• quote "ALL IS DUST"
« Reply #3 on: August 8, 2002, 11:50:25 PM »
I would really worry about the phase out rule.  You take to many casulties and its game over.  I would take mostly warriors and add some immortals to back them up with a tooled up lord.  By using only one lord you have alot of extra points for warriors.  Add in some scarabs as shields and maybe two spyders or four destroyers depending on how you play.

Niklas Kriig

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 03:50:28 PM »
I wouldn't go for the Scarabs. Try some Tomp Spyders instead, they are much better, and they "make" scarabs in play. And why not have 20 warriors in every Necron warrior unit. And keep the other two in a Monolith. And get them out asap. 80 warriors. :)

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 11:34:06 AM »
Your HQ costs 410 points, not 390
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Callidus

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 07:57:25 PM »
First of all, what everyone else said. ;D
Second of all, if your going to use the Lord with the Phase Shifter, which I hope you don't, your wasting 30pts on something that does nothing. If your Lord has a Ressurection Orb, it already gets what is basically a 4+ invulnerable save (WBB), since it is holding the R Orb. The only reason to have a Phase Shifter is to have two invulnerable saves, but you could spend 30pts on a Phylactery and Gaze of Flame, or a Destroyer body, which makes him T6 and very unkillable.
Just my say...

Immortal Corruptor

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2002, 11:20:58 AM »
Kick the other lord out of your list and give the other a res orb and nothing else.Now you have more points,take another 5 destroyers.Now you have some extreme hitting power.Take that particle projector off.You´ll rather assault with 4 attacks that hit on a 4+.