News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Returning to the Craftworld!  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Saim-Dann

Returning to the Craftworld!
« on: November 11, 2018, 02:53:54 AM »
G'day, Forumites!
Have been away from the gaming table for a few months and am slooooowly plotting a return. Will have the opportunity to mosey over to a gaming club soon and have heard on the grapevine of some changes in rules. My main question is, has the tally system changed to build a 1500pt Eldar force?
Can I still use my original codex from months ago or has there been an upgrade?

By the way, have missed you knuckleberries and look forward to more communication... Be wall!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Returning to the Craftworld!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 08:10:18 AM »
If you have the eight edition codex, you're good to go. Army building hasn't changed since the beginning of eight edition as well, so whatever you've been doing before, will work now.

There has been some points changes in Chapter Approved, and some faq/errata changes, so I'd check all that stuff out. But, chapter approved came out a year ago, so it probably came out before your hiatus.

There was a big faq/errata release in September, so I'd give that a peruse. You can find all that on the community page.

FAQs - Warhammer Community

Have fun getting back into the game! The one thing which might have come out while you were away, was the new game Kill Team, which makes for fun small scale games, with a campaign system built in.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 03:48:03 PM »
Thanks, Killer!
That was all truly helpful. Have left Bundy and am now living in the beautiful Gold Coast, so looking forward to attending the local clubs and meeting new like-minded folk... Be well, Killer! 

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 04:15:51 PM »
There were points changes to psykers and reapers. Otherwise you should be fine. If you play with the beta rules, reserves/deep striking has changed.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 04:45:32 PM »
Cool bananas, Partninja!
will put it on the list to research.
It's great to be chatting with you again, bloke... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 08:27:34 PM »
Hey Welcome back Saim-Dann!

Yeah beloved CWE has had some changes, mostly minor, but the competition has had a tone of changes. Watch out for our dark cousins...

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 10:28:13 PM »
G'day, Magenb!
Yeah, always have an eye out for the dark pointy ears. Have a handful in my own collection, so they had better watch out for clan Saim-Dann!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 09:40:57 PM »
Welcome back! Wondered where you wandered off too. I haven't got to play in a while myself but I can tell you that players have found ways to break the game. Taking detachments.... :o...apparently nobody knows how to play for fun anymore. They have to be the winner at all cost. Seriously imperial knights with nurgle and skitarii, chingow! No flavor what so ever....duh..sorry didn't mean to rant.

Welcome back buddy!  8)
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 12:37:42 AM »
Thanks, Dread!
Good to be chatting with you again. Yeah, have faced a few of those lists in Bundy. Am living in Gold Coast now and it's millionaire central here. So Am expecting it to be even more over the top in the local clubs. Who knows though, they may surprise me... Be well, bloke!