News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My 1,850 comp list.  (Read 615 times)

Offline Beammeup

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
My 1,850 comp list.
« on: August 4, 2009, 12:23:59 AM »
Just wondering what you guys think of it, I haven't really updated it in awhile so curious as to what you guys think.

1,850 Mech/Reserve Eldar comp (1,848)

HQ:

Eldrad: 2** points
8 Warlocks: 235 points
-1 embolden
-2 enhance
Wave Serpent: 110 points
-TL shuri Cannon
-Spirit Stones

Yriel: 1** points

Elites:

7 Fire Dragons: 129 points
-Exarch
-DBF
-Crack Shot
Wave Serpent: 110 points
-TL Shuri Cannon
-Spirit Stones

Troops:

10 Dire Avengers: 152 points
-Exarch
-Bladestorm
-Duel Shuri-Catapult
Wave Serpent: 145 points
-TL BL
-Spirit Stones

5 Dire Avengers: 60 points

6 Guardian Jetbikes: 132 points

Heavy:

Fire Prism: 1** points

Fire Prism: 1** points

Falcon: 180 points
-Spirit Stones
-Holo-Field
-EML

My biggest problem with this list has always been that I can't seem to fit another brightlance in there without dropping the dragons.

So basic premise, reserve mech. Falcon is just there to capture/contest. Seer council gets into thick of fighting, dragons try to kill a high priority vehicle (land raider with assault termies, Russes, etc...) My prisms are for horde control or armour control. My avengers and jetbikes work together if I think I can keep my jetbikes alive, if not I just hold them for capturing/contesting.

I've rarely lost an objective mission, KP's are a problem for me though. Its all about target priority in KP's.

Offline Lazarus

• Infinity Circuit - The Voice of Reason
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Space Wolves & Imperial Guard
Re: My 1,850 comp list.
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2009, 07:03:39 AM »
Problem with having Jetbikes in a Mech list is that it gives the enemy anti-infantry weapons something to shoot at.

Also, you have 2 enhance and 1 embolden on your council. I would always take at least 2 embolden as that is the much more important power. If you lose that power it can spell an early doom (pun intended) for your council.

Naked Prisms? (yuck)

Lazarus.
"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex